FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

AlwaysOnTheRoad Feb 8, 2015 1:24 am

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Flying F on CX tomorrow. Any recommendations on lounges - BA, CX, or other? Taking 1830 flight.

corporate-wage-slave Feb 8, 2015 1:30 am

BA First for food generally and alcohol.
CX First for noodles, lagers and view.
AA Flagship for wifi speed and solitude.

See also:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-f-lounge.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ge-advice.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...minal-3-a.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ld-lounge.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...st-lounge.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ptions-t3.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post22586399
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ch-lounge.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...e-lounges.html

shefgab Feb 8, 2015 6:58 am

I think CX has better drinks of you don't drink alcohol. I had a nice raspberry ice tea in there the other day. If you hit the lounge just after a CX flight has boarded, you're likely to have the place to yourself.

Gagravarr Feb 8, 2015 7:09 am

AA has the best showers!

I visited all 3 back in November, when I had a rather long layover. AA was the quietest, and the best one to freshen up in. CX was the busiest, though I did like the noodles. (CX had very fancy looking shower areas, but they weren't quite so practical). BA GF in T3 is like a quieter, less tatty version of GF T5.

If you have time, I'd probably suggest going to the CX lounge first, have something a little different, then retire to the BA lounge.

paul4040 Feb 8, 2015 7:11 am

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

The CX lounge gets really busy within 2 hours of their flights, but outside those times it's like a library. The noodles are great, as is the general ambience IMO.

MaximusDecimusMeridius Feb 8, 2015 7:37 am

If you have no airline status but hold a BA F ticket, can you still visit all three lounges or just the BA Flounge?

Flythe96flag Feb 8, 2015 7:37 am

The CX F lounge is my favourite, however it does get quite busy before CX departures...

Keep in mind that AY advises its elites to use the CX F lounge, with Sapphires exceptionally given access as well... Consequently, on a busy day, the coinciding 18:05 departure to HEL can result in a heaving lounge.

Personally, I'd probably check the CX lounge and move to GF if it was too busy for my liking. :p

nux Feb 8, 2015 7:43 am

Originally Posted by MaximusDecimusMeridius (Post 24312433)
If you have no airline status but hold a BA F ticket, can you still visit all three lounges or just the BA Flounge?

All plus one guest as per oneworld rules: http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

oxtailsoup Feb 8, 2015 7:58 am

Are the three lounges mentioned here located in the same area? I'm flying out of T3 tomorrow lunchtime so may take a tour but I only have just over an hour.

nux Feb 8, 2015 8:07 am

Originally Posted by oxtailsoup (Post 24312517)
Are the three lounges mentioned here located in the same area? I'm flying out of T3 tomorrow lunchtime so may take a tour but I only have just over an hour.

Yes they are all nearby in the central departures area: http://maps.heathrow.com/index.php?l...om=14&area=57#

Genius1 Feb 8, 2015 8:51 am

Originally Posted by oxtailsoup (Post 24312517)

CX is Lounge C, BA is Lounge F and AA is Lounge H. They are in that order left to right as you are facing the gate area.

oxtailsoup Feb 8, 2015 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1 (Post 24312712)
CX is Lounge C, BA is Lounge F and AA is Lounge H. They are in that order left to right as you are facing the gate area.

Thanks. I haven't been in T3 for a very long time!

Genius1 Feb 10, 2015 11:54 am

Originally Posted by oxtailsoup (Post 24314709)
Thanks. I haven't been in T3 for a very long time!

The terminal has been refurbished quite extensively in the past few years. Everything (with the possible exception of the main departure lounge) is looking a lot brighter, and the new Fast Track is good.

aglp2k Mar 5, 2015 12:06 pm

Quick question regarding access to T3 airside. I will be arriving into and leaving from T5 on BA next month and have few hours in transit. Is it possible to visit a friend in T3 airside during the layover?

corporate-wage-slave Mar 5, 2015 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by aglp2k (Post 24460243)
Quick question regarding access to T3 airside. I will be arriving into and leaving from T5 on BA next month and have few hours in transit. Is it possible to visit a friend in T3 airside during the layover?

Yes it is. T1 and T2 check boarding passes, but T3 isn't doing so. You can't use the T3 BA lounge, at least in theory, even as a guest, unless you somehow sweet talk your way in. But you can use the Pay Per Entry lounges, indeed they are now advertised as available in T5 bus Flight Connections.

To do this, after arriving into T5, follow the signs for Flight Connections All Terminals, then in the main hub area Flight Connections T3, which involves an escalator down to the buses. Do not go through T5 Flight Connections first, since it's troublesome to get out of airside. At T5B (not C) there is a direct bus link to T3 down one level from arrivals, one level up from the transits.

For the same reason - and for the benefit of anyone else searching here in the future - you cannot do this if entering T5 from landside, this only works if you are on a connection, and a non Domestic-Domestic one at that.

aglp2k Mar 5, 2015 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 24460283)
To do this, after arriving into T5, follow the signs for Flight Connections All Terminals, then in the main hub area Flight Connections T3, which involves an escalator down to the buses. Do not go through T5 Flight Connections first, since it's troublesome to get out of airside. At T5B (not C) there is a direct bus link to T3 down one level from arrivals, one level up from the transits.

Thank you. Does this mean that I have to clear security at T3 and back at T5 to get back in for my flight?

corporate-wage-slave Mar 5, 2015 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by aglp2k (Post 24460397)
Thank you. Does this mean that I have to clear security at T3 and back at T5 to get back in for my flight?

Yes, security at T3, and then again at T5 for the onward flight (plus - presumably - your start airport too).

Calchas Mar 5, 2015 2:33 pm

How does one leave T3 airside to go back to T5?

TravellerFrequently Mar 5, 2015 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by paul4040 (Post 24312348)
The CX lounge gets really busy within 2 hours of their flights, but outside those times it's like a library. The noodles are great, as is the general ambience IMO.

This has been my experience too.

After some noodles, I went to the BA GF for some higher quality champagne.

corporate-wage-slave Mar 5, 2015 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas (Post 24461018)
How does one leave T3 airside to go back to T5?

You simply walk back the way you came from Flight Connections, but it's not signposted, so a good memory is helpful. Otherwise ask for assistance from the customer service desks.

JPMND Aug 28, 2015 6:54 am

Currently sat in the CX Lounge with only 4 other passengers waiting for my flight to BIO having moved from Galleries Club which was overcrowded.
Sat with a Tsingtao and made to order Shrimp and Pork Wonton Noodles overlooking the runway. No contest in my opinion.

hugolover Aug 29, 2015 7:31 am

For anything except breakfast (because given connections I'm never there early enough), its a tie between AA F and CX F, AA a bit ahead given quality of ingredients. BA GF not even close-carb & stodgy.

LAX/HKG Oct 20, 2015 9:15 pm

What about the J lounges? Which one in T3 is the best?

vibguy Oct 21, 2015 7:59 am

Originally Posted by hugolover (Post 25346396)
For anything except breakfast (because given connections I'm never there early enough), its a tie between AA F and CX F, AA a bit ahead given quality of ingredients. BA GF not even close-carb & stodgy.

I fully agree with this. With new BA flights being moved to T3, no CCR lounge at T3 and a lackluster T3 BA GF lounge, things are not looking good. I wonder how long CX and AA will accept the masses of BA pax coming into their lounges, after all it's BA's main hub.

hugolover Oct 21, 2015 10:21 am

Originally Posted by vibguy (Post 25595439)
I fully agree with this. With new BA flights being moved to T3, no CCR lounge at T3 and a lackluster T3 BA GF lounge, things are not looking good. I wonder how long CX and AA will accept the masses of BA pax coming into their lounges, after all it's BA's main hub.

Presumably there is some kind of renumeration on that.

Right now I'd take the one decent a la carte option in AA Flagship over anything at GF in T5 or T3. It's a pity it closes so soon.

I would be very happy if the quality of the food in GF reverted to the old state of play. Looking through a few photos I took over the years its basically LHR CCR food now :o.

Calchas Oct 27, 2015 12:03 am

Originally Posted by vibguy (Post 25595439)

I doubt it'll be masses. Most people just go to the lounge they are directed to use.

Personally I find the T3 GF perfectly adequate and usually use it in preference to the other lounges. But then again I rarely eat breakfast.

boutela Oct 30, 2015 1:41 am

In the CX F lounge now; since the morning AY HEL flight left I've been literally the only person in here.

Best living room ever.

boutela Oct 30, 2015 1:45 am

Of course no sooner do I say that than a second person walks in.

Might have to head over to GF now that this place is all crowded.

StuckinITH Oct 30, 2015 2:30 am

Originally Posted by Calchas (Post 25620953)
I doubt it'll be masses. Most people just go to the lounge they are directed to use.

Totally agree. It's funny, in another thread someone complained that the AA masses were going to invade the BA T3 GF.

N1120A Oct 30, 2015 2:48 am

AA for showers and their new breakfasts (if they still have the eggs with avocado and sweet chillis)

BA for booze, including the best champagne. Probably the most food variety as well and the best coffee.

CX for noodles, view and quiet if it is a down time.

Originally Posted by boutela (Post 25636989)
Of course no sooner do I say that than a second person walks in.

Might have to head over to GF now that this place is all crowded.

:D:D

There are times that CX lounge is completely deserted, and that is really nice. I got incredible amounts of work done in there earlier this year and the ladies working were so nice. The noodles are truly excellent as well.

wantan Apr 4, 2016 9:37 pm

arriving T3 with BA, and departing T4 with MH.

any chance of using the T3 lounges as Oneworld Sapphire as I'm arriving before the MH lounge opens at 6pm.

N1120A Apr 4, 2016 9:45 pm

Incidentally, the CX lounges are closed until June or July for construction. CX is currently sending people to the No. 1 lounge, including putting a staff member there, though one can just go to BA or AA instead.

Originally Posted by wantan (Post 26437843)
arriving T3 with BA, and departing T4 with MH.

any chance of using the T3 lounges as Oneworld Sapphire as I'm arriving before the MH lounge opens at 6pm.

No. They are for use on departing flights and you can only use them with an OW departure. That said, MH is a member of SkyTeam and you should be able to use the very nice SkyTeam lounge, which was formerly the CCR space.

Rami Tamimi Apr 4, 2016 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by N1120A (Post 26437862)
Incidentally, the CX lounges are closed until June or July for construction. CX is currently sending people to the No. 1 lounge, including putting a staff member there, though one can just go to BA or AA instead.

No. They are for use on departing flights and you can only use them with an OW departure. That said, MH is a member of SkyTeam and you should be able to use the very nice SkyTeam lounge, which was formerly the CCR space.

MH is not in SkyTeam and MH pax can't use the SkyTeam lounge (only elites departing on QR flight in Y can use that lounge.

EdC Apr 4, 2016 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi (Post 26437884)
MH pax can't use the SkyTeam lounge

That's what I thought too, but the Oneworld lounge finder now says different:

Qatar Airways frequent flyers (Platinum, Gold and Silver), oneworld Emerald and Sapphire customers, and First and Business class passengers when traveling on Qatar Airways or any oneworld member airline.

Hartsa Apr 4, 2016 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by N1120A (Post 26437862)

I'll be transferring through T3 on Saturday at around 09:30AM - 11:30AM. Now that the CX lounge is closed which of the BA or AA lounge is better foodwise at this hour? It looks like I will just miss the BA breakfast.

As OWS I have access to business class lounges.

lkrt Apr 4, 2016 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by Hartsa (Post 26438090)
I'll be transferring through T3 on Saturday at around 09:30AM - 11:30AM. Now that the CX lounge is closed which of the BA or AA lounge is better foodwise at this hour? It looks like I will just miss the BA breakfast.

As OWS I have access to business class lounges.

I suggest the AA one. Was in the BA Galleries J just over a week ago and there was literally nothing but fruit salad and cookies to eat at that time... Drinkwise it's better.

Hartsa Apr 4, 2016 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by lkrt (Post 26438114)
I suggest the AA one. Was in the BA Galleries J just over a week ago and there was literally nothing but fruit salad and cookies to eat at that time... Drinkwise it's better.

Thank you. So it'll be a mini-lounge-hopping then. First food at AA and then drinks at BA :)

hiima Apr 4, 2016 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by Hartsa (Post 26438125)
Thank you. So it'll be a mini-lounge-hopping then. First food at AA and then drinks at BA :)

Food in BA T3 is actually pretty good during meal time. They have curry, pasta, salad, and potatoes. Food in AA is like cafeteria food. Liquor is definitely better in BA. Showers are better in AA.

Hartsa Apr 4, 2016 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by hiima (Post 26438173)
Food in BA T3 is actually pretty good during meal time.

Nice to know but my visit will unfortunately be off meal times.

Rami Tamimi Apr 5, 2016 12:27 am

Originally Posted by EdC (Post 26438011)
That's what I thought too, but the Oneworld lounge finder now says different:

I would say it's a mistake,because QR has a contract with the Skyteam lounge for it's own pax [in addition to their own lounge for J/F] and MH has it's own lounge.