FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

Frequent flyer 101 Sep 12, 2017 3:35 am

Originally Posted by kwisstan (Post 28803108)
I​​​​​​I will admit, I grab 4/5 and then toast with butter, remove the bacon and make my own.

I'm only half joking when I say they probably reuse them and this is the reason why they are so hard :D

florens Sep 12, 2017 4:52 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 28803348)
November (not sure it's overdue, mind). It currently looks like Cathay at least 3 months before opening, but there were special factors there.

I have a flight out of T3 on November 3rd, which is probably going to be too early if it doesn't open right on November 1st!

TheJayHatch Sep 12, 2017 5:01 am

Originally Posted by bjorns (Post 28805463)
Where is the new Qantas lounge located?

Between the BA and Cathay lounges.

I tried to sneak a peak through the plywood lift-up hatch yesterday morning, but some spoilsport has put white plastic over the window.

TheJayHatch Sep 12, 2017 5:04 am

Originally Posted by aaupgrade (Post 28797990)

CX J lounge doesn't open until 0730.

I don't think this is correct - I'm there fairly regularly at 0630 and its open. perhaps that is weekends.

KARFA Sep 12, 2017 5:30 am

Originally Posted by TheJayHatch (Post 28805676)
I don't think this is correct - I'm there fairly regularly at 0630 and its open. perhaps that is weekends.

Yes, it is just Sunday when the CX lounge opens at 0730. I think every other day it opens around 0500-0530.

Palmer Sep 12, 2017 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 28803348)
November (not sure it's overdue, mind)...

Back in February, over on the Qantas forum, Genius1 had posted a link which stated March 2017 as the proposed original opening date. That article, from the Australian Business Traveller, was subsequently updated in June and now includes this quote:

A source associated with the lounge's construction tells Australian Business Traveller that the project team is now targeting "late September, definitely October" as the opening date.
Not to worry. It is what it is.

Palmer

aceman Sep 12, 2017 6:38 pm

Interesting, I was in the CX business lounge at the end of august, and thought it was great. The noodle and dim sum bar in particular, and moet on demand at the bar.

I'm back there at the end of November in F so hope the Qantas lounge is open to compare. I don't recall ever going to a Qantas lounge so don't really know what to expect. I'm a bit lazy so cant imagine myself going to 4 lounges to check them out, I think 2 is my max!

Gagravarr Sep 13, 2017 3:42 am

If you're flying in F, then you'd have 8 lounges to check out - all the business and all the first ones!

Just get to T3 in the morning for an evening flight, and move once an hour... :)

goofygoofygooberyeah Sep 13, 2017 3:48 am

What time does the noodle bar open at the CX lounge?

pablol Sep 13, 2017 4:02 am

I'm flying to Vegas tomorrow for the big fight so will do a Lounge trawl. Haven't done that for years as normally flying either on business or with kids.

Stuartgrn Sep 15, 2017 6:40 am

Heathrow Club World Lounge Access

It will be our first time flying Club World from Heathrow T3 to Miami in November. We have a U class ticket (we upgraded from WTP using POUG). I am a bit confused about what lounges we can access. Is it just the BA Club lounge or can I get access to other One World lounges at Terminal 3 & Miami?

bjorns Sep 15, 2017 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Stuartgrn (Post 28818587)
It will be our first time flying Club World from Heathrow T3 to Miami in November. We have a U class ticket (we upgraded from WTP using POUG). I am a bit confused about what lounges we can access. Is it just the BA Club lounge or can I get access to other One World lounges at Terminal 3 & Miami?

Flying in Club World, you can access all OW business class lounges at T3.

Currently, most people here would recommend the Cathay Pacific Business Class lounge as the best of the lot.

Stuartgrn Sep 15, 2017 8:00 am

Originally Posted by bjorns (Post 28818598)
Flying in Club World, you can access all OW business class lounges at T3.

Currently, most people here would recommend the Cathay Pacific Business Class lounge as the best of the lot.

Thanks for this information. From what I have been reading online the Cathay lounge puts the BA offering to shame?

rracks55 Sep 16, 2017 7:34 am

what is the best lounge in lhr t3

hi all can you help
what is the best loungue in t3 ..lhr we are flying cc with ba

mikeyfly Sep 16, 2017 7:35 am

Cc? Cathay is the best lounge if you're eligible (Gold Card holder / Flying First)