FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

wheatbeer Apr 10, 18 4:19 pm

It's odd that it's gone from none available in the CCR a couple of weeks ago to it being put out in GF.

Are they short of the Henriot / Castelnau?

Globaliser Apr 10, 18 4:22 pm

We do know that (one of) BA's suppliers has been having some well-known and highly-publicised problems, including difficulties in itself obtaining stock from its suppliers (who have been withholding it because they feared that they would not get paid). In that context, it doesn't seem wholly surprising that there might possibly some be odd glitches in both directions with the champagne supply. Am I barking up the wrong tree?

corporate-wage-slave Apr 10, 18 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by wheatbeer (Post 29625663)
It's odd that it's gone from none available in the CCR a couple of weeks ago to it being put out in GF.

Are they short of the Henriot / Castelnau?

As noted elsewhere, there have been problems in the supply chain of alcohol distribution, thanks to the threat of administration by Bibendum and its holding company. That has now been averted. However yes, irrespective of the recent issue, which I suspect is now resolved in terms of BA's supply, every so often LPGS makes an appearance in GF T3 and LGW. Christmas is a good time to look.

lorath Apr 10, 18 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by wheatbeer (Post 29622819)
Yesterday on the Champagne thread someone reported that LPGS was on self pour in GF T3. Probably not for long though.

I posted this. Purely for the benefit of this forum I took one for the team and finished what remained in the 2 bottles that were put out....and they were both replaced. My work done I slinked back to Cathay for a rest. After years of Gold it was my first visit to T3 GF.....

dhh148 Apr 10, 18 6:54 pm

Having used the Cathay lounge for the first time a oouple of weeks ago on the outbound I thought it far superior to the BA for food and drink. I sometimes get a good magazine selection at BA, though not always, other than that Cathay all the way.

stc Apr 11, 18 9:04 am

Could we cut it out with the TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms) and FFLAs (Freaking Four Letter Acronyms), especially when they are not airline related?

For those as confused as me, apparently LPGS = Laurent-Perrier Grand Siècle. Or it at least that is my guess.

corporate-wage-slave Apr 11, 18 9:23 am

Originally Posted by stc (Post 29628023)
Could we cut it out with the TLAs

You have a point, and we are bad in that department it has to be said. If it in anyway helps, there is an Abbreviations guide in the Dashboard, it's in the wiki and LPGS is already in there.

Phil the Flyer Apr 11, 18 9:29 am

Originally Posted by stc (Post 29628023)
apparently LPGS = Laurent-Perrier Grand Siècle. Or it at least that is my guess.

And all these years I thought LPGS meant Let Pucci Galore Speak. ;)

By the way, what does stc​​​​​​​ mean?

corporate-wage-slave Apr 11, 18 10:36 am

Originally Posted by wheatbeer (Post 29622819)
Yesterday on the Champagne thread someone reported that LPGS was on self pour in GF T3. Probably not for long though.

I'm sure it's a coincidence, but today T3 Flounge has the quad of LPGS, Henriot, Jacquart and Taittinger.

TheJayHatch Apr 11, 18 10:44 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 29628428)
I'm sure it's a coincidence, but today T3 Flounge has the quad of LPGS, Henriot, Jacquart and Taittinger.

Whaaat? And there I was, ‘slumming’ it over Dim sum and Baron de R in CXF. Plus missed the rare opportunity to toast a glass of LPGS with the lenegdary CWS...

subject2load Apr 11, 18 11:41 am

Originally Posted by TheJayHatch (Post 29628469)

......................... Plus missed the rare opportunity to toast a glass of LPGS with the lenegdary CWS...

Although you would have had to do the actual toasting bit alone. It so happens that c-w-s steers well clear of the bubbly stuff. And indeed all else that comes into the alcohol category.

cgtechuk Apr 11, 18 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 29625640)
There were also report of LPGS out at LGW in GF there. It seems deliberate rather than a mistake.

was definitely deliberate and rumoured due to a shortage of Taittinger but who knows.

thebigben Apr 11, 18 4:21 pm

I mistakenly read that the CX business lounge noodle bar only opened at 10am so I was a little sad but lowered my expectations on my way to my Tallinn TP run. I was pleasantly surprised to be able to order dim-sum at 6am for my breakfast, and it sorta made my day.

Is there any time where the noodle bar is closed, nowadays?

ratechaser Apr 11, 18 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer (Post 29628147)

And all these years I thought LPGS meant Let Pucci Galore Speak. ;)

By the way, what does stc mean?

Well, maybe it's LPGS's alter ego: Stop Talking Cherie...

Sorry, that was naughty wasn't it? I blame the rum punch where I am currently holidaying... that's killed my chances of a Mucci as surely as Ant/Dec getting another gong.

wheatbeer Apr 12, 18 4:51 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 29628428)

W T F! Sorry for another acronym stc :D. 4 options and LPGS still available! Was in T3 recently, should've poked my head in to BA GF.