FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

corporate-wage-slave Apr 12, 2018 4:04 am

Well if they knew I was there (and I had posted separately to say that I was in GF) then of course someone could rush over some bottles, could they not? After all I wasn't going to drink the stuff.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...3194e436d5.jpg

What was fascinating was that almost no one chose the LPGS, as they perused the bottles, since the other bottles' shapes more conventionally looked like champagne. I did point it out to a few Goldies....

cgtechuk Apr 12, 2018 5:47 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 29631414)
Well if they knew I was there (and I had posted separately to say that I was in GF) then of course someone could rush over some bottles, could they not? After all I wasn't going to drink the stuff.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...3194e436d5.jpg

What was fascinating was that almost no one chose the LPGS, as they perused the bottles, since the other bottles' shapes more conventionally looked like champagne. I did point it out to a few Goldies....

I am in T3 next week its typical that the LPGS is gone now lol

doctoravios Apr 13, 2018 2:16 pm

This might be a little controversial, but after my visits today:

Qantas > Cathay = BA > AA

Too many people know about the Cathay lounge now. Despite there being no actual Cathay flights at the time I visited, it was pretty busy. In fact, the first class area was busier than the business class area. Also, for some reason they were unable to serve hot food this morning. But I do like Cathay Delight

At least BA had hot food (albeit not the healthiest!) No more LPGS but I like Taittinger. And quieter than the Cathay Lounge.

AA is pretty underwhelming, apart from the sweets.

Qantas a clear winner. The staff were really welcoming and explained the food and service. Having two levels makes it feel more spacious. The food looked a lot healthier and appetising. Excellent gin bar. And much quieter than the others.

Genius1 Apr 13, 2018 2:43 pm

The standard of fitout and attention to detail in the CX lounges (and the QF lounge from photos, although I've not been in there yet) is exceptional. The CX spaces are flooded with natural light, and the interior design appeals to me.

BA's lounges are in a poor state of repair, whilst AA's look like an office.

Grande Annee Apr 13, 2018 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by TheWiseOne (Post 29622114)
I will be going through T3 with a BA First Class ticket in August and thinking of my best strategy. I am going to be in the terminal for about 4 hours from 17:00. At the moment, I am thinking of doing the following:

17:00 - Massage and drinks in GF
18:00 - Dinner in CX lounge (maybe a shower too?)
19:30 - 21:00 - ????

At the moment, I cannot make my mind up on what to do for the final hour and a half. Should I go back to GF and drink loads of JW Blue/LPGC, or should I stay in Cathy/go to Qantas? If I am being honest, I want a calm place without a creche like feel but with good alcohol options.

As for my flight, I am booked on 2A on a 747 to CPT so planning on sleeping most of that.

stay in Cathay lounge

dougzz Apr 13, 2018 4:35 pm

I used the AA Flagship lounge Thursday morning and it was fine. The water tasted like water and the coffee and breakfast were nice. I do think some people here just over think it all. Incidentally Lee Dixon was on AA101 to JFK Thursday morning, I think he does analysis for NBC's Premier League coverage.

WorldLux Apr 13, 2018 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by dougzz (Post 29637822)
I used the AA Flagship lounge Thursday morning and it was fine. The water tasted like water and the coffee and breakfast were nice. I do think some people here just over think it all. Incidentally Lee Dixon was on AA101 to JFK Thursday morning, I think he does analysis for NBC's Premier League coverage.

I don't think that people are overthinking it all by just going to the CX lounge. :D

subject2load Apr 13, 2018 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by WorldLux (Post 29637840)
I don't think that people are overthinking it all by just going to the CX lounge. :D

True enough.

It’s one of those easy decisions that requires the minimum of thought (although I’m a tad concerned to see a couple of recent reports of its ever-growing popularity .....)

gliderpilot Apr 14, 2018 2:25 am

For those travelling J, definitely the CX lounge for the majority of your airport waiting time. However I would say that a stop at the QF lounge is also definitely worth it for two main reasons: the barista-made coffee and the gin bar experience. The flat white was lovely; they had run out of Green Ant gin at the bar last time I was there, but the Aviation gin is now in my to buy list and the bar attendant was really friendly to chat to.

KARFA Apr 16, 2018 1:42 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 29631414)

Jacquart only today in T3 GF.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...16866223f.jpeg

stc Apr 20, 2018 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer (Post 29628147)

And all these years I thought LPGS meant Let Pucci Galore Speak. ;)

By the way, what does stc mean?

Senior Technical Consultant although the joke at work was that it should have been Senior Travel Consultant since I generally knew more about travel than anyone else. Hence, I adopted that handle here.

Smid Apr 21, 2018 4:45 am

Originally Posted by dougzz (Post 29637822)

There is not a AA Flagship lounge in T3. If there was it would allow silver members of BAEC in. There's a AA International F lounge, which is NOT the same.

Genius1 Apr 21, 2018 4:50 am

Originally Posted by Smid (Post 29666892)
There is not a AA Flagship lounge in T3. If there was it would allow silver members of BAEC in. There's a AA International F lounge, which is NOT the same.

Indeed, although some may argue that AA's new Flagship lounges in the US are better than the ageing International First Class lounge at LHR. The LHR lounges are due to be refurbished soon.

cme17 Apr 21, 2018 1:06 pm

I visited the Qantas lounge last week and didn’t get the hype around it. It was late breakfast service which wasn’t anything other than normal. We waited for the lunch buffet but it looked like chicken wings or curry. Went to the CX lounge for food but they didn’t have any due to no electricity so ended up in GF for a burger. We did visit the AA F lounge but didn’t stay.

corporate-wage-slave Apr 21, 2018 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by cme17 (Post 29668118)
I visited the Qantas lounge last week and didn’t get the hype around it. It was late breakfast service which wasn’t anything other than normal. We waited for the lunch buffet but it looked like chicken wings or curry. Went to the CX lounge for food but they didn’t have any due to no electricity so ended up in GF for a burger. We did visit the AA F lounge but didn’t stay.

Cathay had some problems on Friday 13 April, which resulted in no hot food and limitations on the cold food to due to fridges and freezers not working. It's not something that happens very often luckily. Qantas has probably two unique factors, namely the gin bar and a focus on healthier food items, but it doesn't have a separate First/Emerald provision or champagne, and so it's not going to work for some Emeralds. AA First has a reasonable order menu and a high staff quotient, plus items like freshly squeezed grapefruit juice which you won't find elsewhere. The BA Flounge offering is I think well known. All the lounges have something that will work for someone, including BA, so we're lucky to have the choice.