Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Galleries First (Flounge) LHR 2015 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2014 - T5 only
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges in Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine Thread
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads:
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Just had a burger in GF at T3.

Helped deal with some of the excesses from last night, athough it was a little tough.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 2:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Just had a burger in GF at T3.

Helped deal with some of the excesses from last night, athough it was a little tough.
The burger, or dealing with your experiences?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
In the south of the US right now, which is properly the home of the dish
[warning - ot ] Errr... no offence but while "Mac and cheese" is definitely an American label we most commonly use nowadays, the dish itself dates from well before modern American civilisation existed (or for that matter well before the American continent was acquainted with pasta). If I understand correctly, there have been multiple recipes of pasta with sauce Mornay (aka "cheese sauce") sprinkled with grated cheese and baked in French recipe books since the 14th century! By the time Jefferson reputedly fell in love with the idea and imported it into the US, it was also a widespread dish in a number of other European countries including Hungary, Switzerland, Romania, Italy, and indeed Britain. Arguably, it is in France that I have personally eaten most of the best "Mac and cheese" variations of my life, including Ducasse's rather glorious "gratin de coquillettes" and several woodfired dreamlike gratins.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 12:42 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by haasha
I miss the pork belly too... The sausages and mash are very good though, the pies not so much.
Correction: The sausages in T3 were very good.

I've had them 2 times in T5 recently and they were shrinked, half-bunrt, not very tasty on both occasions.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 2:51 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

I've had them 2 times in T5 recently and they were shrinked, half-bunrt, not very tasty on both occasions.
They were rubbish when I was there last week too If you are going to do sausages, please do them (spotlessly) well! Could do with a Fortnum and Masons supply!
Old Apr 19, 2014, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)

I've not had a problem in either terminal but I know someone who said the sausages in T3 were overcooked. So it looks like consistency isn't there.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 3:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver

The dingly dell breakfast sausages fit this description on Friday morning
Old Apr 25, 2014, 8:32 am

Salmon&Cream Cheese Fish Cakes, pretty good.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
They sure are! Are they a new thing? Fridays only? I'd like to see the return of fish Friday but with a twist, sometimes traditional cod and chips other times things like these fish cakes. If that's what they're doing then superb!
Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Sounds nice!! ^
Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by layz
sometimes traditional cod and chips
I wouldn't, mostly on the grounds that the chips at GF are really poor. I don't believe in oven-baked chips which those clearly are (understandably) and I have started to ask for my burgers without the chips to avoid leaving them on the plate which I felt guilty about after trying them on a few occasiona and disliking them every time... I have no doubt the fish would equally be pre-fried, frozen, and baked, a no-no in my book...

[ps: same worry applies to the onboard fish and chips BA are announcing in band 4 Y flights which are not being reduced to the ridiculous sandwich!)
Old May 2, 2014, 12:16 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
The food was all fine in here this morning for breakfast. I would like to see 1 change though - bring back the nice orange juice with proper bits in it for making a Buck's Fizz! The orange juice in here this morning seems a bit like it is the cheap carton stuff - I like nice juice if I have to water down my champagne due to the time of morning

Otherwise - all staff are busy and friendly and the lounge has a nice feel about it this morning.

Regards

aks120
Old May 2, 2014, 1:34 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
It was the decent OJ on Wednesday night, so they must have just had a supply issue (again!)
Old May 3, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Is there normally a lunch buffet in the T3 flounge? Last time I was there it was order only and I'm wondering if it is a policy? I'm off to JFK tomorrow and though I might be better served finding a restaurant in the terminal instead (recommendations welcomed)
Old May 3, 2014, 1:00 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Joely
Is there normally a lunch buffet in the T3 flounge? Last time I was there it was order only and I'm wondering if it is a policy? I'm off to JFK tomorrow and though I might be better served finding a restaurant in the terminal instead (recommendations welcomed)
The lunch buffet varies according to the numbers. I suspect tomorrow it won't be busy, so they are loathed to put lots of food out for it all to be thrown away. But they will cook up the items listed at the start of this thread, plus the waiter service menu, and invariably I've seen the salad buffet laid out even when I'm the only user. The food is there, you may just have to ask for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.