Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Galleries First (Flounge) LHR 2015 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2014 - T5 only
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges in Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine Thread
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads:
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2014, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus
The Ramen soup was Amazing! Nice heat and very tasty. Mac and cheese was a bit bland though. But yay... no need to go to cx first in t3 for your fix of asian soup anymore!
Old Mar 13, 2014, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Photo of individual steak and ale pies.
They look nice, in fact they look better than they used to be! Major improvement to have them back. The only thing I find weird is that Galleries Club has baked potatoes, beans, etc yet this isn't on offer in Galleries First - it would seem a nice easy addition...
Old Mar 13, 2014, 2:49 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
They look nice, in fact they look better than they used to be! Major improvement to have them back. The only thing I find weird is that Galleries Club has baked potatoes, beans, etc yet this isn't on offer in Galleries First - it would seem a nice easy addition...
I would also like to see the quiche offer in the GC be offered in the GF - I quite often go up to the madness to have a piece of quiche and salad!

aks120
Old Mar 13, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
I'll see you there for a pie eating competition
I'll fight you both for them.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 3:24 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by tuff
Sounds like a mini-do in the GF lounge tomorrow night! I will be there too but I stick to champagne as the pies are not to my taste!

aks120
Old Mar 13, 2014, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I'll admit to not sharing others enthusiasm for pies, and did prefer the recent chipotle beef ribs and pork belly to the sausages.

On the menu, I will regret the absence of a cooked fish option which was my order of choice. Interesting to see that they have now formalised the possibility to make the burger bacon/cheeseburger. The BLT sounds like a joke, not least because the 'served with lightly salted kettle crisps' just means they will bring you a pack of the self-serving stuff which kills the point (which is also what the cheese course has become for about a year while it used to be lovely when it was different a Neal's Yard cheese selection). Desserts sound nice though.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Ooooft new menu too?! Oh BA are spoiling us.

*makes mental note to get to GF slightly earlier for last ABZ flight to sample menu*

And FT, if there is a fight over pies........I didn't start it!
Old Mar 13, 2014, 5:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by tuff
I'll just have them brought through to the Concorde Room
Old Mar 13, 2014, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think its a shame they got rid of the "proper" food from the menu. Like the salmon or the chicken but didn't replace it with anything.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
I think its a shame they got rid of the "proper" food from the menu. Like the salmon or the chicken but didn't replace it with anything.
I agree. I very, very rarely eat pies and apart from breakfast, I can't remember the last time I ate sausages, etc. I am disappointed that the salmon has gone which was a regular for me.

I am liking the sound of the desserts though
Old Mar 14, 2014, 1:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Very disappointed at the departure of the pork belly and it's replacement with far more unhealthy pies. I thought the pork belly was very good and I don't like the delivery of my protein wrapped in wheat based carbohydrates.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 1:59 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Joely
Very disappointed at the departure of the pork belly and it's replacement with far more unhealthy pies. I thought the pork belly was very good and I don't like the delivery of my protein wrapped in wheat based carbohydrates.
You and me too. I liked the pork belly too. Perhaps they might bring it back at a later point?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 2:08 am

Programs: BA GGL
Don't worry, Billinghamn, it's on the new CCR menu. If those points ever turn up, you'll still be able to enjoy it ^
Old Mar 14, 2014, 2:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by billinghamn
You and me too. I liked the pork belly too. Perhaps they might bring it back at a later point?
I think I was starting to get addicted to the pork belly, so sad that it's gone.

Joely, how do you think the pies are less healthy than the pork belly? Did you not notice the large amount of (very tasty) fat on the pork or did you somehow eat around it?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 2:22 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Don't worry, Billinghamn, it's on the new CCR menu. If those points ever turn up, you'll still be able to enjoy it ^
FM - I have "arrived" - points turned up yesterday - GGL showing on "Your Executive Club" page now. First joker used, one GUF2 used, one GUF2 used and returned...

You're not keeping up...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.