Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Galleries First (Flounge) LHR 2015 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2014 - T5 only
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges in Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine Thread
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads:
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
And I can also report that the ramen was good. Nice kick to it.

Old Mar 14, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL
In the CCR with aks120 right now (and what a lovely lady she is ), so missing out on the pie and mash. However, I do have a 25 minute delay on my flight, so, even after three courses, I may find a little bit of space to squeeze some in
Old Mar 14, 2014, 2:50 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
In the CCR with aks120 right now (and what a lovely lady she is ), so missing out on the pie and mash. However, I do have a 25 minute delay on my flight, so, even after three courses, I may find a little bit of space to squeeze some in
Greedy bugger!!!

Aks120
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:22 pm

Mmmmm! It was delicious!!!
Old Mar 14, 2014, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Hope you had a good evening folks. Would have been great to meet up but I guested my boss in to the Flounge so had to entertain him
Old Mar 14, 2014, 5:54 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by stu1985
Hope you had a good evening folks. Would have been great to meet up but I guested my boss in to the Flounge so had to entertain him
Next time maybe

aks120
Old Mar 15, 2014, 3:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
In the pork belly, the fat is very visible because it comes as a layer, but there is plenty of (even more) fat in pies too. Fat in the pastry, fat in the filling, and you pair it with carbohydrates.

In fact, this site says that a typical steak and ale pie is 32% fat vs "only" 23% in pork belly http://caloriecount.about.com/calori...ics-pie-i76418 so even if you looked at fat alone Joely's statement would seem correct, and of course there is much more than the fat issue.
Thanks or the comments orbitmic and Joely. I will concede that perhaps the pork belly was more healthy.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 7:36 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Liking the mac n cheese. At first I couldn't understand why it's not a hot buffet item. Now with the dish sitting in front of me...
... Did I really just witness that? A lady (in civilian clothing) just walked past me clutching a few sandwiches and what must have been in excess of 30 tea bags. The greedy mare!....
Sorry, I got distracted there. Now with the dish sitting in front of me I know exactly why. It is piping hot and delicious.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 8:39 am

Friday evening's Pie and mash, with a little bit of sausage thrown in for good measure

Old Mar 17, 2014, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
The new pies with cabbage, Parmentier potatoes and gravy were very nice
Old Mar 17, 2014, 5:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
GF South - Thursday March 13 - 1600

Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:40 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue, IHG Gold
They started collecting the breakfast menus at 11.45 am, supposed to be noon :O
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
I'd like to see the introduction of a bit of variety during the week, such as having fish on Fridays.

The pies have returned, but this one popular aspect of the old caterers is still missed.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just a note to thank our valiant Mods who have split this thread between 2013 and 2014. We have a number of annual threads, which I guess strikes the balance between keeping things easy to manage but maintaining a sense of a developing repository of knowledge. The trouble is that the menu changed not in January but in March! But never mind, the old thread, covering the changeover to BaxterStorey is to be found here.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ns-2013-a.html

I will do some tidying up of the wiki in due course.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 8:20 am

Programs: BA Silver, Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by stu1985
And I can also report that the ramen was good. Nice kick to it.
It was a nice flavour, although I was expecting slightly more... well, ramen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.