Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014

Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Galleries First (Flounge) LHR 2015 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2014 - T5 only
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges in Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine Thread
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads:
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014

Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
It sounds like it's back to the bad old days when BS took over, maybe BA has decided we have all calmed down and forgotten about the changeover and so can provide buckets of slop once again. All I want is a nice bit of pork belly and a salad, is that too much to ask?
Old Jun 24, 2014, 6:44 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Originally Posted by Joely
It sounds like it's back to the bad old days when BS took over, maybe BA has decided we have all calmed down and forgotten about the changeover and so can provide buckets of slop once again. All I want is a nice bit of pork belly and a salad, is that too much to ask?
It sure is starting to feel like a strategy. Start off poor, improve a bit, wait for the complaints to subside, make it poor again, rinse, repeat.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by haasha
I love butter chicken, but if it tastes like before...

Anyway, I will try soon and I will report back.
Maybe I am the only the philistine in the forum but I absolutely loved the butter chicken - it was the only thing I was ever willing to eat in the Flounge (even if the chicken itself was few and far between...)
Old Jun 24, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by dptraveller
Maybe I am the only the philistine in the forum but I absolutely loved the butter chicken - it was the only thing I was ever willing to eat in the Flounge (even if the chicken itself was few and far between...)
I liked the curries in pre-BS days. I had butter chicken twice some time after the change: first time it was absolutely inedible (I don't recall not finishing any other meal in many years) and the other day it was only 'not good'. On the other hand much later on thai green curry actually tasted like thai green curry, so I am hoping it can be good again.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Velocity Gold
In the flounge and it does look rather gloopy. Smoked mackeral and pies also available though.

Is there a premium language comment I can leave for feedback?
Old Jun 29, 2014, 12:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Here is the updated GF breakfast menu.

Also the proper size champagne glasses are back in full force. None of the short glasses to be seen.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 12:45 am

Oh my god, eggs contain eggs! I can't believe it, all these years I have been eating scrambled eggs thinking that they were made from fairy dust and turnips, thank god BA told me otherwise I might never have guessed.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 7:19 am

Programs: BAEC
Is that a menu or a government health warning ?
Old Jun 30, 2014, 3:46 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Now I know that food allergies can be serious, but FFS, this menu is pitiful. What is our country coming to??
Old Jun 30, 2014, 3:54 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by squeeler
Now I know that food allergies can be serious, but FFS, this menu is pitiful. What is our country coming to??
Not our country, the EU. Airprox has given some more detail here on the CCR food thread.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 6:00 am

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.
Has the spicy ramen soup gone? That is a real shame if true. Have they messed with the cold food bit too or is there still salmon and chicken as well as salads.

I have told my partner that the flounge has much improved since her last visit with me during the bad times. Taking her there this Friday so bit miffed if they have messed up a good thing.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 6:22 am

I'm in the flounge right now and thought I would do a bit of scouting of the new buffet. Firstly I think the reports of a return to gloop have been greatly exaggerated. There are two bowls of "saucy" food, one with Chilli one with Portuguese spiced chicken (whatever that may be), there are also bowls of rice and one with peas and sugar snaps which is a welcome addition in my book. Also new potatoes and pasta. Hot, non gloop items, are salmon fishcakes (Contains fish!) and tomato and goat's cheese tartlets (Contains goats!). It would have been nice to see something other than carbs but it appears BA aren't very hot on that.

I tried the Portuguese spiced chicken which was pretty good, tasted like a curry to me but then what do I know, I don't even like Caviar

Salad end of things is broadly similar, addition of some sauces at the end (not sure if they were there before) and a bowl of roasted peppers which were nice. There is the aforementioned smoked mackerel and some pie things. Also tortillas on display in the bread bit, not that I ate one...

Finally I tried one of the menu items which was the pulled pork wrap with horseradish slaw. The centre of the wrap was pretty tasty, I don't eat wheat/carbs so I didn't have the tortilla bit (I'm very good at eating sandwich fillings and pizza topping!) the slaw appeared to be the same as on the counter and I couldn't taste a hint of horseradish.

Special agent Joely out.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Noooo - does that mean the tasty steak pies and gravy have now been replaced with fishcakes?
Old Jun 30, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Looks pretty good actually. Thanks for the pics Joely! Looking forward to my next visit there.

Oh, and ^^ for the full sized fizz glasses making a reappearance!
Old Jul 1, 2014, 6:51 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Safely I do not need lunch today, but that is not enought to stop me trying the sorbets, which are both lovely.
Probably helped by the gin tasting, which I caught the end. The Cambridge Distillery are road testing three gins, citrus, oriental and herbaceous. I preferred the last of the three. Worth trying if you are in GF tomorrow lunch time. Apparently the 'winner' will be the new house gin. All are very pleasant.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.