Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Galleries First (Flounge) LHR 2015 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2014 - T5 only
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges in Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine Thread
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads:
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2014, 8:06 am
TSE

Programs: BA, LH, AF, TK
Originally Posted by trueblu
NOOO! The clotted cream and scones are one of the top reasons for a visit to the Flounge for me...
They were still there last weekend, along with the treacle tart now served cold (as seems to be the trend for previous menu dessert options).
Old Jul 11, 2014, 1:53 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by bafan
The menu has been rewritten specially to cater for those with intolerances....
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that, the allergens are printed in the new menu with bolder typeface than the names and descriptions of the actual courses.

Of course, sadly they forgot to cater for guests with an intolerance of dull food.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 1:33 pm

I have just made an invention of which I am justly proud - how to create a tolerable meal from the current GFL menu. Ask for the pulled pork wrap together with a basket of chips from the burger combo. Hey presto, you've raised the standard from Happy Eater to sports bar. One day I might summon the courage to ask if they can do the pulled pork on a burger bun instead of in a wrap.

BTW, does anybody have any idea what is Portuguese about the "Portuguese-style chicken" on the buffet? I am pretty sure it is identical to what has previously been presented as "chicken jalfrezi", "chicken korma", and "Thai red chicken curry".
Old Jul 14, 2014, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
BTW, does anybody have any idea what is Portuguese about the "Portuguese-style chicken" on the buffet? I am pretty sure it is identical to what has previously been presented as "chicken jalfrezi", "chicken korma", and "Thai red chicken curry".
Yep it is still gloop and gloop knows no border I tried it the other day and it was useless like the rest of the gloop containers.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Yep it is still gloop and gloop knows no border I tried it the other day and it was useless like the rest of the gloop containers.
Wouldn't it be handy though if the WiFi password was the same as the supposed current provenience of the red type of gloop?
Old Jul 14, 2014, 1:43 pm

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
The name. And perhaps the thriftiness. Plus it's definitely different from the other dishes by a few E numbers.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
I think its quite tasty. It's available in the Galleries Club Lounge too.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 4:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Am I dreaming or did we have ramen noodles at some point? Why did those get enhanced away?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Wouldn't it be handy though if the WiFi password was the same as the supposed current provenience of the red type of gloop?
or we could move to pin code using the number of the food colouring involved
Old Jul 15, 2014, 5:34 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by orbitmic
+1. I know many people on this forum are highly critical of QF but those SYD and MEL F lounges are just head and shoulders above the entire BA lounge offering including the two CCRs. A class act. Only the AF F lounge and arguably (but not certainly) the LH F terminal are even better.
Agree the QF F lounge in SYD is a great 100% class act, and the staff and so pro active, went for the first time in Feb to the QF lounge in SIN, and again a great lounge, and such happy and friendly people, cannot do enough for you.^
Old Aug 17, 2014, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Am I dreaming or did we have ramen noodles at some point? Why did those get enhanced away?
You are not. Chicken ramen was on the menu last time I was in GF, which was some months ago admittedly, my current gold card being a day or two old.

I am more concerned about the state of the key lime pie.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: BA - Blue
scones and clotted cream still present

Was here a couple of weeks ago.

On the plus side: the scones and clotted cream were much out in force, I had two. Rumours of their demise clearly exaggerated (as also pointed out above by others).

On the minus side: the menu options are much less appealing. I, perhaps foolishly in the UK, asked for the mac and cheese, and was brought some school-dinner monstrosity, in a microwave plastic dish. And it wasn't tasty, to boot. I could hardly bring myself to make a dent in it, let alone finish it.

The salad leaves were fairly palatable, and I had a few other random things from the self-serve, which I can't remember, either in a good or bad way. The puddings do seem to have disappeared from the menu, with only cheese and ice-cream as options if memory serves.

tb
Old Aug 17, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by trueblu

On the minus side: the menu options are much less appealing. I, perhaps foolishly in the UK, asked for the mac and cheese, and was brought some school-dinner monstrosity, in a microwave plastic dish. And it wasn't tasty, to boot. I could hardly bring myself to make a dent in it, let alone finish it.

tb
That's strange. I had that earlier this week. It certainly isn't served in a plastic dish (at least it isn't supposed to be). I actually found the mac quite tasty. From my visits, it seems popular.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 12:42 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stu1985
That's strange. I had that earlier this week. It certainly isn't served in a plastic dish (at least it isn't supposed to be). I actually found the mac quite tasty. From my visits, it seems popular.
I was going to make a similar point. I think it is served in a cast iron black dish? Also all the comments I have seen on here seem to very positive about it.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 1:30 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by KARFA
I was going to make a similar point. I think it is served in a cast iron black dish? Also all the comments I have seen on here seem to very positive about it.
Indeed, it's a very tasty dish. I wish my school meals were that good!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.