Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Galleries First (Flounge) LHR 2015 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2014 - T5 only
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges in Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine Thread
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads:
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Carlson Gold Elite, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold
Definitely quieter and less crowded most of the time than T5. It has a different feel to it, quite different to T%. For me T5 First seems just like T5 Club, but with better food/drink. T3 seems plusher and more exclusive.

The champagne coolers are rubbish though, so you won't get a chilled glass.

BTW, am I the only person here to quite like the macaroni cheese?
Old Sep 28, 2014, 3:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
I like it too.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 4:08 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
hmm, sounds nice. Is it much bigger than T3 Club Lounge though?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by headingwest
hmm, sounds nice. Is it much bigger than T3 Club Lounge though?
It's probably about the same in floor area but less people and less tables makes it feel bigger. There are rarely more than 10 persons in the morning. Could be max. 50 in the busiest evening times, which still means plenty spare seats and little to no queues for buffet.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 5:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Food seems fine for me today.

Just had breakfast of sausage, scrambled egg, bacon, hash browns, mushrooms and black pudding. Some was warm but they did refill a couple of things.

Lunch is baked potatoes, rice, curry and/or something similar, little pies, gammon slices etc.

Got to see a MH A380 taking off just now as well
Old Oct 23, 2014, 5:34 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by xenole
Got to see a MH A380 taking off just now as well
me jealous!!

btw has anyone posted the new F menu yet?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
me jealous!!

btw has anyone posted the new F menu yet?
Seems to be:

Soup of the day with fresh breads

Scottish Smoked Salmon Bagel - Severn & Wye smoked salmon on a toasted wholemeal bagel and chive cream cheese served with mixed leaf salad and kettle chips

BA Burger made with Aberdeen Angus beef served in a milk glazed roll with red onion marmalade, baby green lettuce, cherry tomatoes and dill pickle accompanied with twice cooked chips. Ask your host if you would like the addition of crispy back bacon or Mature English Cheddar.

Red Thai Chicken Curry with steamed rice an a cucumber and tomato salad finished with coconut and poppy seeds

Duck Egg Salad - soft boiled duck egg with French beans, new potatoes, Kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes, pea shoots and red onions with a vinaigrette dressing

Macaroni Cheese

Chocolate Ice Cream
Vanilla Ice Cream
Mango & Lime Sorbet
Gin & Tonic Sorbet
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:01 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Seems to be:

Soup of the day with fresh breads

Scottish Smoked Salmon Bagel - Severn & Wye smoked salmon on a toasted wholemeal bagel and chive cream cheese served with mixed leaf salad and kettle chips

BA Burger made with Aberdeen Angus beef served in a milk glazed roll with red onion marmalade, baby green lettuce, cherry tomatoes and dill pickle accompanied with twice cooked chips. Ask your host if you would like the addition of crispy back bacon or Mature English Cheddar.

Red Thai Chicken Curry with steamed rice an a cucumber and tomato salad finished with coconut and poppy seeds

Duck Egg Salad - soft boiled duck egg with French beans, new potatoes, Kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes, pea shoots and red onions with a vinaigrette dressing

Macaroni Cheese

Chocolate Ice Cream
Vanilla Ice Cream
Mango & Lime Sorbet
Gin & Tonic Sorbet

very kind of you, thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:04 am

The G&T sorbet sounds different.
Tempted to order one just to see what it's like although I'm guessing I'll need to pour myself a large one in order to taste and gin
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Tempted to order one just to see what it's like although I'm guessing I'll need to pour myself a large one in order to taste and gin
Just cover the sorbet in gin
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by stu1985
Just cover the sorbet in gin
Waste of good gin to many on these forums.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:20 am

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.
It is amazing! It has been on the menu all summer. I am surprised because it is a bit of an odd taste, very tonic-y but I love it!
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
FOR REFERENCE ONLY:

This the previous "rest of the day" menu offered in Flounge from 14 March 2014 to 22 October 2014. The new menu has been updated in post 1.

Starters and main courses

Soup of the day (v)
Please ask your hosts for today's choice

BLT
A warm sandwich of British back bacon, tomato, lettuce and mayo served with lightly-salted kettle chips

Smoked salmon
A deli plate of Severn & Wye smoked salmon, cream cheese, salad leaves and granary bread

BA burger
Made with Birchstead mature 21 day aged beef in a glazed bun with twice-cooked chips. Ask your host if you would like the addition of crispy back bacon or Emmental cheese

Chicken ramen
A Japanese-inspired soup with chicken, chillies, water chestnuts and fresh coriander in a warming chicken broth

Caesar salad
Baby gem leaves with Parmigiano-Reggiano, croûtons and a creamy Caesar dressing. Ask you host if you would like the addition of a smoked chicken breast

Macaroni cheese (v)
Pasta with a rich Red Leicester, British Cheddar and English mustard sauce galzed with a fresh herb crust

Desserts:

Burnt Cambridge Cream
A baked silky vanilla custard originating in Trinity College, Cambridge in Cheese the 1600s, our version is finished with lavender sugar

Treacle tart
A traditional English treat served with warn Cornish ice cream
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
So no more desserts? Just ice cream?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:42 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by matthandy
So no more desserts? Just ice cream?

Looks like there are some in the buffet area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.