Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Galleries First (Flounge) LHR 2015 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2014 - T5 only
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges in Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine Thread
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads:
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:21 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by perthflyer
I'd say the buffet selection is better at T5, but the QF lounge has a FAR superior à la carte menu.
The QF FLounge doesn't have a buffet, so any lounge with a buffet would have a better selection..
BA GF also has a better buffet selection than the CCR.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by nux
The QF FLounge doesn't have a buffet, so any lounge with a buffet would have a better selection..
BA GF also has a better buffet selection than the CCR.
They have cakes in SYD!
Old Sep 12, 2014, 2:33 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

A thumbs up for the new espresso machines in the refectory. Delivery time for my two shots and hot water top up has noticeably improved.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 7:34 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Originally Posted by Prospero
A thumbs up for the new espresso machines in the refectory. Delivery time for my two shots and hot water top up has noticeably improved.
Oooh, will check them out tonight. Although with the poorly roasted industrial grade beans they're using I don't think new machines will make a difference
Old Sep 13, 2014, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by csutter
I don't think the "key lime pie" (which had very little in common with actual key lime pie, but was still quite nice) is still around. Last week it was lemon cheesecake and something chocolate-y which I don't quite remember.
This one?
I haven't seen it in ages

Baked Sicilian lemon cheesecake
Old Sep 13, 2014, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by csutter
To clear up the confusion, this is the Mac&Cheese in its natural habitat, the cast iron dish. Note the sauciness () and absence of crust.

Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: BA - Blue
Actually (no joke!) I much prefer the Kraft out of the box mac and cheese to the one I sampled in the T5 Flounge in August...I rarely don't make a decent attempt to finish/ almost finish what's put in front of me, but 2-3 forkfuls of the BA version had me throw in the towel.

tb
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: BD*G -> BA Gold + A3*G (now dropped to BA Silver)
The presentation in the cast iron dish on a plate doesn't look very good in the photo (might look better for real). I'd say it looks more like a microwave dish when you look at the photo.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by browserden
The presentation in the cast iron dish on a plate doesn't look very good in the photo (might look better for real). I'd say it looks more like a microwave dish when you look at the photo.
It looks okay in reality, nothing like Tesco ready meal.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 3:21 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by haasha
It looks okay in reality, nothing like Tesco ready meal.
They should have got a coloured dish, or perhaps blue, white and red stripes so show off the ceramic. As it's black, at first glance it looks like a black plastic tub for a ready meal, and it's not til you realise how heavy it is you realise it's a proper dish.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by andset1191
They should have got a coloured dish, or perhaps blue, white and red stripes so show off the ceramic. As it's black, at first glance it looks like a black plastic tub for a ready meal, and it's not til you realise how heavy it is you realise it's a proper dish.
I must defend current design in this case, it fits the style of lounges. Any other colour would make it look cheaper / stranger / Ikea-like in my opinion.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 4:16 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by andset1191
It might be hard to tell in a photograph but I think black is better in real life and it would be pretty much obvious that it's not a plastic packet. Of course for most people they will be seeing it in real life rather than in photograph so that's what really matters.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 5:29 am

Programs: BAEC
It's the lack of any colouring that worries me most. It obviously hasn't been anywhere near a grill, which means there won't be any crispy bits of toasted cheese...
Old Sep 21, 2014, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
It's not nearly orange enough to be KD, and you can actually taste the cheese in it.

Speaking of it, though - I've never understood why Air Canada doesn't have the pots of KD as a snack, a la noodles on CX etc.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 3:20 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Size of Flounge in Terminal 3

Hi, I have a quick question about the Flounge in Terminal 3. As the question isn't about the food, it's a little off topic...sorry about that.

I haven't been there yet, but I'm soon to be elevated to the great heights of Gold status!

In terms of floorspace, is it (a bit or a lot) larger than the Galleries Club lounge? Is it noticeably less crowded?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.