Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
320 = Airbus A320 without Sharklets
32A = Airbus A320 with Sharklets
32N = Airbus A320neo

Airbus A320 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO (type 32G) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A320 NEO (type 32N). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

See the first post in this thread for current seat maps, details, and aircraft codes BA use internally to distinguish the different configurations.

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A320

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2020, 2:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Thanks. One of 2DF is already occupied hence looking at alternatives as there are two travelling. I'm currently silver so there is a slight possibility of row 1 opening up 72 hrs prior.
If you are 6ft 8 inches tall then these are excellent seats, but otherwise there are some disadvantages: there is no bulkhead in front, you are facing directly into the crew jump seat for take off and landing, and the area in front - by the door - has a lot of people passing in front of you during the boarding process. Occasionally people wait in the space inflight while queuing for the WC. The overhead storage layout means your bags will be over row 2 or 3, and you aren't allowed a bag at your feet during take off and landing. Hence it may not be worth striving for, and some crews would prefer you to consider other seats if there are any spare.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 6:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
A320 seating question

Hi, as row 1 is occupied, am I better off in row 11? Also, my wife and I have selected 11A/D. Any reason only 2 seats per row are showing in rows 11/12? Thanks for any advice.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 7:13 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Pros - better leg room

Cons - last to be served food so meal choice will likely be restricted, row 11 seats don’t recline, it the curtain moves forward you will be given the seats that are still left.

Afraid I don’t know why it is only showing a row of 2 seats.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 7:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It's a long standing glitch due to differences between CEO and NEO A320 and A321s. More details in the main seating thread. However if it is an A320 service (as opposed to A321) then yes row 11 is fine, it will have the usual 3 + 3 seats, no bags etc allowed in the exit row during take off and landing, and the other disadvantage is that you may not get a choice on the food catering.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 7:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Deleted.
Old May 18, 2020, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
When the A320ceo fleet was densified to a 180-seat configuration, were the drop-down screens removed? If so, I take it the 12 A320s that had IFE no longer have this system fitted?
Old May 18, 2020, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
When the A320ceo fleet was densified to a 180-seat configuration, were the drop-down screens removed? If so, I take it the 12 A320s that had IFE no longer have this system fitted?
Yes, that's right. All seats do now have air vents however.
Genius1, volar and george77300 like this.
Old May 18, 2020, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, that's right. All seats do now have air vents however.
Thanks, and power/USB in the Pinnacle rows?
Old May 18, 2020, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
Thanks, and power/USB in the Pinnacle rows?
Yes I am almost certain they do, they definitely do on the A321ceo Pinnacle rows (which now have little signs up to say so). All my recent flights have been A321ceos hence I'm a bit rusty on the A320ceos.
Genius1 likes this.
Old May 19, 2020, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The first post in this thread should probably be updated to reflect there are no more 168-seat A320s - the final aircraft (G-EUUC) is currently being densified in Madrid.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 3:08 am

A320 seating configuration

We're going to Naples soon and have seats 2D and 2F. We've flown to Naples quite a few times from Gatwick previously and the seating started at row 2 on the right hand side behind a bulkhead. I think that these planes only flew out of Gatwick with this arrangement and that they were previously owned by another airline unless my memory is faulty. As we're now going out of Heathrow does anyone have thoughts as to whether these aircraft would be used for this route? Any thoughts gratefully received.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 3:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
All the aircraft with that config are still sitting idle at Gatwick, so unless something changes in the near future you will get a normal config aircraft with Row 1 on both sides.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Can you compare the aircraft type / seatmap to the main A320 seating thread ?

Seating guide: Airbus A320
Old Jul 31, 2020, 8:17 am

LHR-SKG

I am due to fly from LHR-SKG, the 32A has CE to row 9. According to Expertflyer exit rows 11 and 12 are blocked out. I assume they are holding them in case they move the curtain back. If they are available to ET, when are they likely to open?
Old Jul 31, 2020, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by victairinternational
I am due to fly from LHR-SKG, the 32A has CE to row 9. According to Expertflyer exit rows 11 and 12 are blocked out. I assume they are holding them in case they move the curtain back. If they are available to ET, when are they likely to open?
Typically 72 hours before departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.