Seating guide: Airbus A320

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 24, 17, 7:58 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
Airbus A320 Seating Guide

Whenever you call up your flight details using BA.com’s Manage My Booking (MMB), you may notice an peculiar code describing the aircraft operating your flight. It is usually generically marked as “320”, but can change to either 20A or M0A closer to departure. These codes can be quite useful as they allow you to narrow down the actual aircraft operating your flight.

Screen shot of the seat map in MMB, indicating where you can find information about the aircraft type

MMB code 20A
BA's indigenous A320s are fitted with B/E Aerospace slimline leather upholstered seats with 4-way adjustable headrests and eye level magazine storage. Cabins are also fitted with LED lighting. Seating capacity is 168CM

Notes:
  • Seat pitch is approx 30” in standard rows. Pitch is the same in business class ("Club Europe") as it is in economy ("Euro Traveller" and "Domestic")
  • In business class ("Club Europe"), the unsold middle seat is converted into a shared space by way of a fold down console. Business class cabin sizes do vary depending on individual flight loads. While the cabin size is usually determined approx 72 hours ahead of departure, the seat map is still subject to further minor adjustments up to approx 24 hours before departure although rarely contracting or expanding by more than one row during this period. The maximum capacity in business class is 40C (rows 1 to 10)
  • Exit rows 11 and 12 offer greater leg room but caution may be given to rows 10 and 11, as these seats do not recline.
  • Seats fitted on BA mainline A320s do not have power sockets (subject to verification)
  • Rows 3, 6, and 9 are without overhead vent nozzles. There may be other rows aft of the exit rows without nozzles, subject to verification
  • There are twelve A320s fitted with IFE equipment, showing looped content on overhead screens
Applicable IFE equipped aircraft:
G-EUUA, G-EUUB, G-EUUC, G-EUUD, G-EUUE, G-EUUF, G-EUUG, G-EUUH, G-EUUI, G-EUUJ, G-TTOB, and G-TTOE

MMB code M0A
Former BD frames, configured 168CM with 28 rows offer an approx 30" seat pitch. Exit rows are 11 and 12. Seats in rows 10 and 11 have no recline. These aircraft are identifiable by their row numbers - last row is 29, and row number 13 is skipped. Beware of seat 01F which on G-MEDK has no windows
Applicable aircraft:
G-MEDK, G-MIDO, G-MIDS, G-MIDT, G-MIDX, and G-MIDY

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 13, 17, 7:36 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by chris1979 View Post
crickey, CWS, that's a lot of conditional "if's" in there to make row 1 sound acceptable.
Indeed, but what brought it on was my TRN-LGW flight last week, where a tall and fairly well known sports personality was struggling in row 3, and 2D, but he was delighted by 1A. I have photos of this too, but since he is readily identifiable I can't really put them online. With 4 of us in CE, the toilets went unused except by the flight deck.
Old Apr 14, 17, 9:34 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA) & Sapphire (QR), Star Alliance Gold (O6), SkyTeam Elite Plus (AZ)
In a few weeks time I'm on a Gatwick flight in Club on an A320 with all row 1 showing (i'm currently in 1F). Is this guarenteed to be G-MEDK with the missing window at 1F?
Old Apr 14, 17, 9:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by shefgab View Post
In a few weeks time I'm on a Gatwick flight in Club on an A320 with all row 1 showing (i'm currently in 1F). Is this guarenteed to be G-MEDK with the missing window at 1F?
No, but that is indeed a possibility. There are a number of former BMI A320s based in LGW with the full row 1, MEDK is one of them but there three others. If I'm on board, it's nearly guaranteed to be Delta Kilo.
Old Apr 14, 17, 12:45 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA) & Sapphire (QR), Star Alliance Gold (O6), SkyTeam Elite Plus (AZ)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
No, but that is indeed a possibility. There are a number of former BMI A320s based in LGW with the full row 1, MEDK is one of them but there three others. If I'm on board, it's nearly guaranteed to be Delta Kilo.
Ahha, right ok. Well I'll stay there for now, then hope that an aircraft shows up on FR24 a day or two in advance. Thanks!
Old Jun 3, 17, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
Hi,

booked to come home on an A320 tomorrow with the family and at T-72 grabbed row 5 A -F.

logging back in today it still shows us as row 5 but the seating map starts at 6. Have we been a victim of the moving curtain? Should I leave us in row 5 or move us which mean we are sat right at the back now :-(

thought it was safe that rhe the curtain would not move now we are so close to flight time
Old Jun 8, 17, 1:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Enjoyed an A320 back to LGW yesterday with an enhanced bulkhead. Due to the additional row of seating, things seem badly shifted out of alignment with the air vents.

Now, neither row 6 or 7 has decent access to air (it's between the two rows, above row 6's seats).

Seems rows 6, 7 and 9 all need to be blacklisted for air vent access now
Old Jun 8, 17, 2:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Generous legroom in 2D on G-MIDT (I am 187cm).

Old Jun 9, 17, 9:03 am

Seat advice

Hi
I'm traveling LGW-PFO on Sunday in economy... I have currently selected seats 19E and 19F... Are these seats ok and if not what other seats should I select, all other seats are behind this row.
Also I like a good window seat is this seat misaligned with the window or ok?

Thanks
Old Jun 14, 17, 6:05 am

I'm flying to Kos on Saturday and have the options of 1DF or 3DF for me, my wife and infant.

Does 1DF offer any extra legroom being a bulkhead and are the seats noticeably narrower due to the tray table being in the arm rest?

Thanks
Old Jun 14, 17, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by molecrochip View Post
I'm flying to Kos on Saturday and have the options of 1DF or 3DF for me, my wife and infant.
Welcome to the BA Forum molecrochip.

1D+F is the better seat, yes it has more knee room than row 3, and depending on how you arrange your legs, perhaps more leg room too. The seats are not noticeably narrower unless you are on an extension seat belt.
Old Jun 14, 17, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Welcome to the BA Forum molecrochip.

1D+F is the better seat, yes it has more knee room than row 3, and depending on how you arrange your legs, perhaps more leg room too. The seats are not noticeably narrower unless you are on an extension seat belt.
Thanks for the quick response. I am likely to be on an extension belt - is it just a case of snug fit or is there a particular issue? (I'm very used to snug fit!)
Old Jun 14, 17, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by molecrochip View Post
Thanks for the quick response. I am likely to be on an extension belt - is it just a case of snug fit or is there a particular issue? (I'm very used to snug fit!)
Snug fit I would guess, not that I've direct experience!
Old Aug 25, 17, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA silver
What is the consensus on 1ac v row 3 on a G-GATx plane to Fuerteventura? Sadly row 2 ia already taken, and I'm just over 6' so veering towards the extra legroom.
Old Aug 25, 17, 1:56 pm

The thing that puts people off row 1A+1C on the G-GATx aircraft is the lack of privacy given the lack of bulkhead: the crew are in front of you for take-off and landing, you're right in front of people while they board the aircraft, and there may be people using the space en route to the WC. However there is no doubt that the legroom is fantastic, particularly while the crew are on their feet. It is similar to easyJet's layout in the front, if you are familiar with that, though U2 are now installing bulkheads in this area. Row 3 is just another row, nothing remarkable about it.
Old Aug 26, 17, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA silver
thanks! have done U2 row 1 a few times before, and understand the face to face thing. as we are on holiday for a week we'll probably stick to minimum hand baggage, hang out in the F lounge and mooch down towards the end of boarding. do these planes have the first locker full of equipment?

Search this Thread