Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
320 = Airbus A320 without Sharklets
32A = Airbus A320 with Sharklets
32N = Airbus A320neo

Airbus A320 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO (type 32G) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A320 NEO (type 32N). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

See the first post in this thread for current seat maps, details, and aircraft codes BA use internally to distinguish the different configurations.

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A320

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2017, 2:10 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by paul71
g. do these planes have the first locker full of equipment?
No, it should be usable, but note that the locker store area is slightly further back (so watch your head if you are in 1C). Your bags would therefore be more over row 2 and 3 anyway. In CE there usually isn't too much competition for locker space on the longer sectors such as yours.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 3:43 am

Hi,

Tomorrow we're flying BA364 LHR->LYS. It's not a long flight, so probably not a huge deal, but wondering if people have any views which is the best CE seat for a couple travelling with a 4 month old baby? It's our first time travelling with the little one, so appreciate any experience people have!

We were in 2AC. 1AC just became available, so I switched over to that as I thought the extra space might be useful for dealing with our son. But then maybe all the people shuffling past on boarding (and potentially on landing, if we're not organised!) may make it a bit cumbersome while trying to look after a baby?

Currently CE is three rows, and the only seat unavailable is 2F.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 3:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by drsabs
We were in 2AC. 1AC just became available, so I switched over to that as I thought the extra space might be useful for dealing with our son. But then maybe all the people shuffling past on boarding (and potentially on landing, if we're not organised!) may make it a bit cumbersome while trying to look after a baby?
I don't think there is a perfect solution here. The big downside to being in row 1 is that you are allowed no bags in that row during take off and landing, and some parents prefer to have a bag of supplies always to hand, particularly if there are delays on the tarmac (etc). But there is more space in flight, and you could create a crawling zone in front of you and by the bulkehad if the little one is reluctant to sit still. I don't see the shuffling past issue really, the G-GAT series would be problematic in that respect but they are only normally running to or from LGW.

The thing is that as you have noted this is a very short flight, so it is possible that a fair proportion of the time on board would give you limited access to bags.

Either way, ask the crew to remove the centre table if that is more useful put away. They (or perhaps the First Officer) should be able to do this very swiftly.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:35 am

Thank you c-w-s, insightful advice as always! ^

We will have a think, but as you imply, try not to overthink it for such a short flight!
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
First time sat in an exit row in 12F (and first time with a blocked middle seat). Didn't know there is also no hook for your jacket. Does feel much more spacious than a normal row, and nice to not be tempted to put my rucksack under the seat in front.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 5:58 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Have CE flight upcoming LGW - RAK BA2666 on 2nd January.

Currently allocated 3A & 3C.

At T-72 seat plan shows row 1 ACDF available.

Final row on seat plan is 28 with row 13 present.

Based on the MMB seat plan is this likely to be (based on 1DF being present and row 13 also ) a 168Pinnacle aircraft?

Is it yet possible to find out precisely which aircraft is rostered to operate this flight?

Which side of row 1 if preferable?
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:21 pm

Anyone know about 7D ? Not sure which version. LHR - BCN BA0480

Seat Guru shows it as standard Club Europe on European version but I was allowed to choose it as Euro Traveler
Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by jmsnyc

Seat Guru shows it as standard Club Europe on European version but I was allowed to choose it as Euro Traveler
You didn’t specify when this flight was (and the corollary, which is how far in advance you are selecting seats), but might this be a ‘moveable curtain’ scenario where the number of CE seats is low on that flight for some reason? If there are only 6 rows of Club Europe allocated, you would be able to select row 7 in Euro Traveller.

Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP

Do not rely on Seatguru, but rather use the BA source:

British Airways Aircraft Seat Maps

Not sure what you mean anyway, as all the seats are the same (except bulkhead rows and exit rows).
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

Just to add to the above posts, the curtain is movable so there is no fixed CE cabin size, sometimes it can be 3 rows and sometimes 12. Unless you are seeing a seating map with a 2x2 seat arrangement I am afraid you are still in ET.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:18 pm

I am flying to Gibraltar CE,4th June to 13th June, from LGW on a BA A320. I cant figure out the configuration. (I cant post pictures yet not enough posts) but Row 1 (ACDF) is shown as unvailable. Does that mean sold? I thought BA 320s at Gatwick, didnt have (1 D&F) With slightly better bulkhead seats (2 D&F) Has anyone travelled CE on this route before? and know what the usual configuration might be.
Thanks.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Welcome to Flyertalk, do stick around!

Row 1 is blocked for Golds until T-72, when seats are released if not already occupied or blocked by Theoretical Seating.

Some A320s have a full standard row 1, others have 01AC basically in the galley and no 01DF. The aircraft assigned for your flight can change quite a bit, especially this far out.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:47 pm

Thanks appreciate the reply.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hello all

I have a 3hr+ ET flight next week on an LHR based A320.

Is the second exit row (12) lined up to a window properly? We’re currently in 6D&F hoping E stays empty, but 12A/B/C are free so might move.

Thanks
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:25 am

Took seat 1C on flight LED - LHR. No issues to report at all. The leg room makes a lot of difference (i am 6”3”) passengers going to the toilet, carts etc, no problem at all. Good flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.