Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
320 = Airbus A320 without Sharklets
32A = Airbus A320 with Sharklets
32N = Airbus A320neo

Airbus A320 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO (type 32G) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A320 NEO (type 32N). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

See the first post in this thread for current seat maps, details, and aircraft codes BA use internally to distinguish the different configurations.

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A320

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:31 am

Deleted.

Last edited by TCX69; Feb 10, 2020 at 10:08 am
Old Nov 10, 2016, 6:22 pm

Unhappy New config on LGW A320?

Hi,

Taking the last flight out of AMS tomorrow (Friday) to Gatwick and am on a rubbish basic fare (why they give solo travellers middle seats baffles me). I just noticed that the seat plan shows a row 30 A-F with two full lavs at the rear - am I missing something or is this extra dense? Don't think I've ever seen 30 on anything other than A321 even with the exBMI configs. Could it perhaps be a leased aircraft or one of the even denser A320s that were only just announced?
Attached Images   
Old Nov 10, 2016, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
It's standard for most LGW A320s now unfortunately...
Old Nov 12, 2016, 12:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi there. Off to Budapest on a 320... currently in 11 a and c but 12 b and c available.. (11 and 12 showing as exits) should I move? Is the middle seat likely to be taken or might this be blocked due to me being gold? MR CF likes to recline - I'm not bothered. Am I in the wrong row of the greens? still time to take the seats behind the theoretical curtain for the return journey...

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 5:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Row 12 should recline slightly, row 11 won't. Some people find 11 is a harder seat as a consequence but it's fine for me. It is quite a short flight however! As Gold you may end up with a blocked seat in 11 but it's probably best not to count on that unless you are sure it's an empty flight, though I suspect that this blocking would happen in your case.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi there. Thank you CWS.. I will rely more on the fact a single traveler in a less than full flight might opt for a window or aisle further back before they plonk themselves in a middle leg room seat! But if not, we're more than happy to move one space sideways and give up whichever they'd prefer! Presume row 10 won't recline into us either?
Old Nov 12, 2016, 9:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by CaroFos
Hi there. Thank you CWS.. I will rely more on the fact a single traveler in a less than full flight might opt for a window or aisle further back before they plonk themselves in a middle leg room seat! But if not, we're more than happy to move one space sideways and give up whichever they'd prefer! Presume row 10 won't recline into us either?
With Theoretical Seating then non status passenger who don't pay for seat reservations are more likely to get middle seats, but hopefully your Gold block counts for more unless the flight is full. Yes, row 10 does not recline in that configuration, nor does 11, but 12 does recline.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Gatwick A320 with no row 1 - which seat ?

Hey all - just selecting my seat for an upcoming CE trip this week from LGW - first time I've flown on the config with no row 1 on the DEF side - Row 1 A/C is available and row 2 D/F - in this config which is the best seats?

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:31 am

Seats 2D and 2F, this is the G-GAT aircraft. More details here (photos in post 245):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...rbus-a320.html

However keep an eye on any last minute changes to other aircraft which do have 1D and 1F.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Mar 13, 2017 at 1:54 am Reason: remove circular reference
Old Mar 12, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Virgin Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum
I personally like seats 2D or F and really dislike row 1 A and C. I felt very exposed there especially during boarding when there are people all around your seat. You have nowhere to put anything in 1C. During take-off you are staring at the cabin crew eye to eye. During the flight it felt like I was sitting in the galley!

I would book row 2 D or F but keep an eye for aircraft changes using the myflights app.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Thanks all - I've booked 2 D/F and I'll keep an eye on any changes before Wednesday.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:59 am

Also, if there's one or two people waiting to use the loo then that's where they tend to congregate - directly where you're trying to stretch your legs.

2D and F are the best and lots of legroom.

Palmer
Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
+1 for 2 DF

Avoid row one on this bird as you practically sit in the galley and during boarding, all other 149 pax step on your toes.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 2:03 am

Let me give the slight case for 1A and 1C on the G-GAT series, not that I would normally want to select there. On a less than full aircraft, on say a trip under 2 hours, the CE cabin will be operated by the SCCM, and won't be in that space very much. During take off and landing, if there is only one passenger in (say) 1A, the second crew member may sit in 1C during take off and landing. Queues for the WC may well not happen on a shorter sector, and so you would have for pretty much all the flight have unlimited leg room and reasonable privacy. I think you would need to be over 2 metres tall for this to make much difference, but that row is not a total disaster for all passengers all of the time. I know some passengers select that row deliberately and are happy with it.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Let me give the slight case for 1A and 1C on the G-GAT series, not that I would normally want to select there. On a less than full aircraft, on say a trip under 2 hours, the CE cabin will be operated by the SCCM, and won't be in that space very much. During take off and landing, if there is only one passenger in (say) 1A, the second crew member may sit in 1C during take off and landing. Queues for the WC may well not happen on a shorter sector, and so you would have for pretty much all the flight have unlimited leg room and reasonable privacy. I think you would need to be over 2 metres tall for this to make much difference, but that row is not a total disaster for all passengers all of the time. I know some passengers select that row deliberately and are happy with it.
crickey, CWS, that's a lot of conditional "if's" in there to make row 1 sound acceptable.

of course, it's not a disaster and could be perfectly acceptable but - and I do not normally as a policy disagree with the oracle of FT - it's a bit like saying that if there are no other pax on board, no-one uses the toilet, one hates having a window, enjoys a bit of claustrophobia and self-harming, then row 25 on the 319 is perfectly fine for flights less than 18 mins

here's my pics of my row 1 experience - about half-way down: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...bcn-lgw-3.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.