Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
320 = Airbus A320 without Sharklets
32A = Airbus A320 with Sharklets
32N = Airbus A320neo

Airbus A320 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO (type 32G) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A320 NEO (type 32N). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

See the first post in this thread for current seat maps, details, and aircraft codes BA use internally to distinguish the different configurations.

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A320

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:01 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Best short-haul a320 seat

Hi There

I'm flying LHR-ATH on Wednesday and since I haven't flown a BA a320 recently, can someone remind me which is the best exit row seat?

11 or 12?

Thanks!
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:14 am

If my memory serves me correctly row 11 has no recline and row 12 does? Maybe someone can 100% confirm or deny.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Almost certainly row 12 is the better one, though there are a few variations out there. If the BA (not seatguru) seat map shows two rows of emergency exits, you want the second row, but the first row is better than nothing (it is rock hard as a seat though). This is on the basis that the final ET row is row 29.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Can someone please remind me of the space of the overhead compartments for Row 1 (LHR based) I have 1D/1F. I totally can't remember which side has more room overhead..
Thanks
Old Nov 23, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Wonderful - have just opted for 2F (automatically allocated 1A by BA) for a November trip on the £150 fares. Completely free cabin in first outbound...
I am liking 2F (still sat on the stand during boarding), agree it's best CE seat in the fleet after 2D on the E190 (unless you have someone in 2C, then the fold out trays are annoying)

Although this is one of the most drawn out boardings I've seen on an A320 - well over 20 mins in and still going (by chance I timed gate arrival perfectly, right at the end of CE boarding as they were about to start boarding the back. 15 seconds wait at the bp check, got my overhead space above row 2ABC), is this common at LGW these days?
Old Jan 10, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Flying on an A320 to Faro in May. Seat map for the flights both ways shows exit rows at row 12 and 13 but has rows going all the way back to row 30??

I can see no seat map on the usually accurate BA Source where any A320 has rows numbered higher than 29.

Can anyone explain what aircraft this is?
Old Jan 10, 2016, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by G-BUSI
Flying on an A320 to Faro in May. Seat map for the flights both ways shows exit rows at row 12 and 13 but has rows going all the way back to row 30??

I can see no seat map on the usually accurate BA Source where any A320 has rows numbered higher than 29.

Can anyone explain what aircraft this is?
With the exit rows at 12 and 13, you'll be on a G-GAT* A320. Not sure why a Row 30 is showing (as you're right in thinking there isn't one).
Old Jan 10, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Maybe they'll be adding another row :!
Old Jan 10, 2016, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
With the exit rows at 12 and 13, you'll be on a G-GAT* A320. Not sure why a Row 30 is showing (as you're right in thinking there isn't one).
Thanks for that, just to show what I am seeing on the booking......

Edited - image didn't work!

Last edited by G-BUSI; Jan 10, 2016 at 5:38 pm
Old Jan 10, 2016, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
Apologies for double post, think I have the image working now. This is what I see on the booking......
Attached Images  
Old Jan 23, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Question Best seats on LGW 320's G-GAT?

Am travelling Malaga to LGW on a 320 and from the laout - starts at Row 2 on the right hand side so I think it is a G-GAT?.

I have 2DF but 1AC is also available. Ae both seats equal in legroom or is one better than the other?

Views greafully appreciated.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by col747uk
Am travelling Malaga to LGW on a 320 and from the laout - starts at Row 2 on the right hand side so I think it is a G-GAT?.

I have 2DF but 1AC is also available. Ae both seats equal in legroom or is one better than the other?

Views greafully appreciated.
Most prefer 2DF because of the bulkhead giving a bit more privacy and not getting bumped into by embarking passengers. I personally am happy with either. Legroom wise 1AC, theoretically has more legroom due to lack of bulkhead, however in practice, especially with 1C, your feet can potentially get in the way of the crew.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: BAEC
Deleted

Last edited by Nimrod1965; Jan 1, 2017 at 9:54 am
Old Jan 23, 2016, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Please forgive me if this is the wrong forum with regard to my inquiry.....

For the first time in my life, I have now redeemed some of my Avios for reward travel. We now have two round trip tickets in Club Europe LHR-MRS this November. Equipment is listed as an A320. I am a BAEC Blue member.

It appears we have to pay for advance seat selection on these flights to the tune of $47 U.S. per segment for a total of $188 U.S. (which seems a bit steep). Does this sound correct?

In addition, on our return date, we are connecting the same day at LHR to a BA flight in First to IAD but on a different record locator (AAdvantage reward tickets on BA). Would that make any difference with regard to possible complimentary advance seat selection on our MRS to LHR flight in Club Europe?

Many thanks in advance for any insights and suggestions.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jlemon
It appears we have to pay for advance seat selection on these flights to the tune of $47 U.S. per segment for a total of $188 U.S. (which seems a bit steep). Does this sound correct?

In addition, on our return date, we are connecting the same day at LHR to a BA flight in First to IAD but on a different record locator (AAdvantage reward tickets on BA). Would that make any difference with regard to possible complimentary advance seat selection on our MRS to LHR flight in Club Europe?
Yes, non-status passengers not on fully flexible fares have to pay for advance seat selection except for sectors in First. You can select seats for free at online check-in (from 24 hours before departure).

You need to be booked in Club Europe to select seats in Club Europe. You may be offered an upgrade through MMB or at OLCI (at cost), or at the airport (again, at cost). You will be able to use the lounge in MRS as you have a same day international connection in First.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.