Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
320 = Airbus A320 without Sharklets
32A = Airbus A320 with Sharklets
32N = Airbus A320neo

Airbus A320 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO (type 32G) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A320 NEO (type 32N). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

See the first post in this thread for current seat maps, details, and aircraft codes BA use internally to distinguish the different configurations.

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A320

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2015, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Delta Kilo has just gone off to Naples, it is due back around 13 hrs. Last Sunday it did the same - and then went off to ACE! So it's not looking good!
It was indeed G-MEDK that greeted us at the gate. I thanked my lucky stars that I had moved us from 1DF to 7DF because Mrs Al was quite insistent that she didn't want to sit in a seat with no window. She agreed that it was a good job, and promptly pulled down her blind to watch a film on her iPad!
Old Jun 29, 2015, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by paul4040
Has anyone ever explained why they blocked out the window at 1F? There is physically a window there, but it's panelled over.
It used to be operated by BMED, then bmi, as a midhaul aircraft. There was a cupboard where 1DF would be containing I believe the IFE system.

BA then converted this aircraft to a SH version, and didn't remove the panel.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 3:49 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Bronze
I'm travelling to BCN tomorrow on the BA2706, flying in CE.

At OLCI we've been allocated 4DF, which is the last row of CE at the moment. I'm happy to be on the right hand side, as the views of Barcelona on landing are incredible, and it looks like we'll be landing on 25R (i.e. With the city to the right of the aircraft).

I haven't downloaded our boarding passes yet, so we can still change our seats. 1AC is currently available and is marked as an exit row. There's no 1DF, just 2DF so I assume it's one of the G-GAT* aircraft. Would we be better off in 4DF, despite the perceived extra legroom in 1AC? It's our first CE experience so I'd like it to be as enjoyable as possible, however the views are something I don't want to miss. My partner also doesn't know we're going in CE yet. Could it be worth choosing 1AC and trying to move seats before landing? I don't know what availability is like on the flight, both in ET and CE, but BA.com indicates the flight is sold out. Should we perhaps stay in 4DF and enquire about spare seats when we drop our bags tomorrow?
Old Jul 5, 2015, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Stick with 4DF. 1AC on these aircraft is basically in the galley with no privacy at all.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Blue, Iberia Plus
Hi everyone

Flying out of Gatwick this Thursday on BA2666 and the booking now shows 20A which means the new interior. However I thought that the A320's flying out of Gatwick haven't gotten the new interior yet? Looks like my chances are pretty high that I'll end up on the G-GAT* A320. Do these have the new interior yet?
Also, not sure whetether I should pick 1A or 2A, CE is showing 5 rows.

Old Jul 13, 2015, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by ramops
However I thought that the A320's flying out of Gatwick haven't gotten the new interior yet?
Looking at the wikipost in this thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ul-cabins.html - suggests that of the entire non-bmi A320 family fleet, only three aircraft (all A319s) still have the old cabins.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Hi everyone

Flying out of Gatwick this Thursday on BA2666 and the booking now shows 20A which means the new interior. However I thought that the A320's flying out of Gatwick haven't gotten the new interior yet? Looks like my chances are pretty high that I'll end up on the G-GAT* A320. Do these have the new interior yet?

At this stage there are basically four interiors in the shorthaul A32x fleet:
  • "Mainline" New: The new Pinnacle seats with mood lighting and all the trimmings (most A319s, most A320s, all A321s)
  • "Mainline" Old: The old converter seats (only 3 A319s remaining to be completed within the next year)
  • ex-BMI: The BMI seats (11 A319s, all of which are "permanently" at LGW, and 6 A320s, one of which is "permanently" at LGW)
  • Second hand GATx: The new Pinnacle seats but without the mood lighting and with no bulkhead/cupboard in front of 1AC

Aircraft with the first two cabins operate mostly out of LHR, although they are occasionally seen down in LGW and a handful are currently stationed at LGW (and may stay there for a while, I'm not sure). Almost all of the ex-BMI aircraft now live at LGW, as do all of the GATx fleet.

Given your seatmap, and barring any last minute equipment changes, chances are you'll be on an ex-BMI or "Mainline" aircraft so should be safe in 1A.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by Scots_Al
It was indeed G-MEDK that greeted us at the gate. I thanked my lucky stars that I had moved us from 1DF to 7DF because Mrs Al was quite insistent that she didn't want to sit in a seat with no window. She agreed that it was a good job, and promptly pulled down her blind to watch a film on her iPad!
That is funny - and I share and have experienced your pain ....lol
Old Jul 13, 2015, 9:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Hi everyone

It definitely isn't G-GAT* since 1D/F would be missing. Also on the seat plan it is unmissable, there is a stagger in the layout that is similar to the way it really looks. So personally I'd go for 1A or 1F, which will be identical, and with 1F already taken you are ok for 1A. The only really bad 'un to watch out for is Delta Kilo (G-MEDK), but that is M0C, so you haven't got that (hopefully!) but that would be bad with 1F. It will be the new seating, similar to LHR's A320s but with no Moving Map.

G-GAT* aren't that bad at 1A or 1C, lots of leg room, the lack of privacy isn't much of an issue once you are airborne since the crew tend to retreat to the galley area more. And good window access.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 10:04 am

Flying out of Gatwick this Thursday on BA2666 and the booking now shows 20A which means the new interior.
Planned to be operated by a Mainline A320 (G3). So will be either G–EUUA or G–EUYN.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 10:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
G-GAT* aircraft - what they look like and how to identify them.

G-GAT* are a series of A320 aircraft currently based in LGW, which run short haul services around Europe and North Africa. They have the new cabin refit, so typically 27 cm between the edge of your seat to the back of the seat in front. Exit rows have 38 cms.

However there is are several big differences of G-GAT to the other BA A320s.

1) No moving map
2) No forward wardrobe or even a bulkhead on row 1 A-C side
3) No row 1D-F seats at all.

On the plus side row 1 A-C seats have virtually unlimited leg room. During take off and landing you compete with the crew jumpseats for leg room - but there's plenty of space. In theory the crew can sit there mid flight, in reality they tend not to do so. 2 D-F do have a bulk head, and a very generous leg room too, more than on the other A320 family: 63 cm, compared to 55 cm for most A319s and 58 cm for the 737s and other A320s.

On the seating plan it looks like this:

At T-72 (or thereabouts) the aircraft code will become: 20E or 10D

On board, this is what 1A and 1C looks like in CE mode. If domestic then the middle seat becomes 1B.

timfarr1 likes this.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jul 27, 2015 at 5:11 am Reason: typo
Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Blue, Iberia Plus
Thank you everyone for the help, this is exactly the reason why I love this forum!

Originally Posted by TCX69
Planned to be operated by a Mainline A320 (G3). So will be either G–EUUA or G–EUYN.
Awesome, looks like my first CE experience will be a bit better! Looks like it's going to be G-EUUA unless the EUYN posistions to LGW.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold and various hotel programs (wishing they were all linked)
Exit row seats LGW TFS?

Which are the best exit row seats for this flight in Eco?

It looks like an a320 and I currently have 12a/c/f on outbound (row 13 all free) and 13a/d/f on inbound (row 12 occupied)

Have I made the right choices? MMB seat map shows 12&13 as the exit rows.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:11 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
The first exit row seats do not recline, the second row do.

Also why have you spread across the seats, why not just take A/B/C or D/E/F?
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold and various hotel programs (wishing they were all linked)
So 13 is the best row?

We're spread bc we're 3 big lads!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.