Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
320 = Airbus A320 without Sharklets
32A = Airbus A320 with Sharklets
32N = Airbus A320neo

Airbus A320 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO (type 32G) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A320 NEO (type 32N). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

See the first post in this thread for current seat maps, details, and aircraft codes BA use internally to distinguish the different configurations.

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A320

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:10 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by mh4ll
I'm confused by some of the tips in this thread, as there are so many slightly different configurations and it's not always clear what is being referred to. I am doing LHR-MUC in CE on an A320, 2 people, website shows Aircraft Type 20A. I can choose any available seats thanks to OneWorld status and have choices of: 1AC, all of row 2, 7DF, all of row 8. Is row 1 the best choice here? I am tall so legroom is of concern even for relatively short flights.
All LHR A320's are the new cabin config, so 30" seat pitch throughout and exit rows in 11 and 12. The Wiki and guide I think are out of date. See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ul-cabins.html

Your best choice is row 1 if you don't mind the bulkhead, or row 2 if you don't mind the reduced pitch. Personally I would pick row 1.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz President's Circle
Row 1 it is. Thanks!
Old Nov 22, 2014, 2:48 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nux
All LHR A320's are the new cabin config, so 30" seat pitch throughout and exit rows in 11 and 12. The Wiki and guide I think are out of date. See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ul-cabins.html
I've updated the wikipost and post 1
Old Nov 22, 2014, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Not all A320s have the new Pinnacle product - there are 5 ex-BD A320s at LHR and 1 at LGW that have the ex-BD product.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 3:49 am

Here we go again....this wiki title says "Airbus A320 Seating Guide" when it should say "BA Airbus A320 Seating Guide"....why are all these BA wiki titles so misleading (rhetorical question...I learned my lesson from the "fast track" debacle
Old Nov 23, 2014, 4:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

I've updated the wikipost and also added some information relating to seat rows that don't have individual ventilation nozzles in the panel above the seats. From recent observations, these occur at rows 3, 6, and 9, roughly in line with the IFE screen locations. From a 12F vantage point I was unable to tell if there are similarly affected rows further back.

My uneducated guess is the light and nozzle clusters were repositioned to align with the new seat rows but the tilt-down overhead displays were not moved in the refit and so with both fittings competing for the same section of the overhead panel, the nozzles were simply discarded.

Also, having now flown on IFE equipped refitted A320s but have not been able to locate any power sockets in or around the seat. Have they gone for good?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I have a flight from LGW to RAK next year. Recently, there has been an equipment change to an A320, which has 1AC but without 1DF. There is row 2DF.

I have not experienced this configuration. Any recommendations where it would be better to sit (greatest leg room) please - 1AC or 2DF?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
1AC may have slightly more legroom (unlimited), but you'll essentially be sitting in the galley staring at the crew. 02DF are the go-to seats on these new aircraft.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
I have a flight from LGW to RAK next year. Recently, there has been an equipment change to an A320, which has 1AC but without 1DF. There is row 2DF.

I have not experienced this configuration. Any recommendations where it would be better to sit (greatest leg room) please - 1AC or 2DF?
Your description matches the new type 20E, which entered service earlier this week. These are second hand A320s BA is adding to the LGW fleet.

More info about the cabin and what to expect in row 1 is eagerly awaited.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks for the info BA6501 and Prospero.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 3:52 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Seating guide: Airbus A320

I suspect that there will be a missing window in Row 1 on the 20E types. Row 1 is where the bulkhead wardrobe would be. We are awaiting a report on this configure but I would definitely steer clear of Row 1 if it was my choice.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I don't think so, doubt Wizz Air had a wardrobe there. easyJet and VS Little Red have the same arrangement (though VS has a bulkhead separating the seats from the galley) and they don't have missing windows.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:30 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by paul4040
I suspect that there will be a missing window in Row 1 on the 20E types. Row 1 is where the bulkhead wardrobe would be. We are awaiting a report on this configure but I would definitely steer clear of Row 1 if it was my choice.
These are not BA aircraft that have been re-configured to remove the wardrobe, they are leased/purchased aircraft from other carriers.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 2:24 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
I would not choose row 1 because from what I am hearing, if on a remote stand, which does happen quite often at LGW, you can get wet there and also all the other passengers board right in front of you, which is not ideal.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 3:24 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
The wiki for the 20A configuration makes reference to rows 9 and 10 not reclining. I haven't travelled in these seats but would have thought it was rows 10 and 11 that didn't recline as 11 and 12 are the exit rows. Can anyone confirm?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.