Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
320 = Airbus A320 without Sharklets
32A = Airbus A320 with Sharklets
32N = Airbus A320neo

Airbus A320 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO (type 32G) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A320 NEO (type 32N). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

See the first post in this thread for current seat maps, details, and aircraft codes BA use internally to distinguish the different configurations.

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A320

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2014, 5:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
Been a while since I flew on an A320 (seem to get stuck with 319's), but am on one this Friday to CPH.

Just checked at T-72.5 and can see it's a aircraft type 20D - have bagged 11BC for Mrs Lem and I. From what I can tell, these are pretty much the best seat in the ET cabin? Row in front can't recline into me, and has extra legroom - that correct?
Old May 6, 2014, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Correct however the extra legroom is negligible, especially on older aircraft.
Old May 6, 2014, 7:19 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Just checked at T-72.5 and can see it's a aircraft type 20D - have bagged 11BC for Mrs Lem and I. From what I can tell, these are pretty much the best seat in the ET cabin? Row in front can't recline into me, and has extra legroom - that correct?
Does it have convertible or spacesaver seats (convertible have a missing B seat in the first row of ET)?

If it's convertible, I would personally disagree with those being good seats - the B seats in the convertible rows (up to and including row 13) can be uncomfortable compared to the E seats on the starboard side due to the nature of the seat conversion mechanism.
Old May 6, 2014, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by csutter
Does it have convertible or spacesaver seats (convertible have a missing B seat in the first row of ET)?

If it's convertible, I would personally disagree with those being good seats - the B seats in the convertible rows (up to and including row 13) can be uncomfortable compared to the E seats on the starboard side due to the nature of the seat conversion mechanism.
Yes, row 9 has a missing B seat
Old May 6, 2014, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Yes, row 9 has a missing B seat
If you have any chance of nabbing 11EF you'd probably be better off - otherwise just grab the window seat and hope Mrs Lem doesn't notice
Old May 6, 2014, 8:44 am

If you have any chance of nabbing 11EF you'd probably be better off - otherwise just grab the window seat and hope Mrs Lem doesn't notice
Didn't even occur to me to get that side, always sit on the left. Have dully changed, thanks for the advice
Old May 7, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Any reason why 5B is not on the map? Should I grab 5C?

Old May 7, 2014, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by ringingup
Any reason why 5B is not on the map? Should I grab 5C?

It's an aircraft with convertible seats, in this case 5A and 5C are coveted seats with a blocked (compressed) middle seat and I would say yes. However, there is a very real chance the curtain moves and you'll get kicked out.
Old May 7, 2014, 8:14 am

It's an aircraft with convertible seats, in this case 5A and 5C are coveted seats with a blocked (compressed) middle seat and I would say yes. However, there is a very real chance the curtain moves and you'll get kicked out.
Thanks!

How can you tell that it's the aircraft with convertible seats and not Spacesaver or Pinnacle?

Why is 5B blocked and not 5D too?
Old May 7, 2014, 8:24 am

Thanks!

How can you tell that it's the aircraft with convertible seats and not Spacesaver or Pinnacle?

Why is 5B blocked and not 5D too?
You can tell by the missing B seat in the first row - which would be available on aircraft with any of the new seats.

The reason for this is that in CE, the B seat is compressed (making A and C wider) whereas on the other side all seats (D, E and F) are expanded. They have to leave the ABC side compressed in the first row of ET behind the curtain to avoid carts coming through the curtain bumping into the knees of the poor person sat in the C seat. That's obviously not a problem on the DEF side which is narrower than CE.
Old May 7, 2014, 8:25 am

You can tell by the missing B seat in the first row - which would be available on aircraft with any of the new seats

The reason for this is that in CE, the B seat is compressed (making A and C wider) whereas on the other side all seats (D, E and F) are expanded. They have to leave the ABC side compressed in the first row of ET behind the curtain to avoid carts coming through the curtain bumping into the knees of the poor person sat in the C seat.
Excellent, I shall keep 5C for now then. The load on the flight seems pretty low, so I'm counting on the curtain not moving

And I may still decide to take the POUG!
Old May 7, 2014, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
People taking the POUGs or AUPs may result in the CE cabin expanding though!
Old May 7, 2014, 9:40 am

Excellent, I shall keep 5C for now then. The load on the flight seems pretty low, so I'm counting on the curtain not moving

And I may still decide to take the POUG!
Keep checking though as if it does change and CE becomes row 6 or 7 if your quick you can get 7A-C / 8A-C instead rather then being kicked down the back.
Old May 9, 2014, 5:34 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
To confirm, is it better to have the a and c seats of a convertible row(with b seat taken out) or to take two exit seats on the A320?

My partner and I are flying on Sunday so want to know best option for space and comfort. I've picked the convertible row for now(first row of ET).
Old May 9, 2014, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Enigma368
To confirm, is it better to have the a and c seats of a convertible row(with b seat taken out) or to take two exit seats on the A320?

My partner and I are flying on Sunday so want to know best option for space and comfort. I've picked the convertible row for now(first row of ET).
The extra legroom in the exit row seats is negligible on the A320, compared to the non-exit rows up to row 13 (which have extra legroom compared to rows 14 and beyond).

My advice would be to go for A and C in the first row, but keep a keen eye out on curtain shifts, particularly up to T-24. If you're less adventurous, my favourite seats for a couple after the converted pair are any EF seats up to row 13.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.