Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
320 = Airbus A320 without Sharklets
32A = Airbus A320 with Sharklets
32N = Airbus A320neo

Airbus A320 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO (type 32G) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A320 NEO (type 32N). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

See the first post in this thread for current seat maps, details, and aircraft codes BA use internally to distinguish the different configurations.

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A320

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:04 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Arrow Seating guide: Airbus A320

For all your questions (and answers) regarding the best, worst, noisiest, quietest A320 seats in Club Europe and Euro Traveller.

MMB code 32N (A320 neo, formerly 32P)
The A320 neo (new engine option), introduced into service in 2018, are fitted with B/E Aerospace Pinnacle leather upholstered seats with 4-way adjustable headrests and eye level magazine storage but only in rows 1 to 12. Rows 13 and aft are fitted with utilitarian Recaro slimline seats. Cabins are also fitted with LED lighting. Maximum seating capacity is 180M. All seats have USB power and universal power sockets are additionally fitted in rows 1 to 12

Notes:
  • Row 1 and exit rows 11 and 12 offer greater leg room. Note however, the seats in row 11 (and also 10) do not recline
  • Row 30 has no window view.
  • Rows 1 to 12 have Pinnacle Seats. Rows 13 to 30 featuring slimline Recaro Seats offer no recline and without adjustable head rests.
  • Row pitch:
    Rows 2-10: 30.0"
    Row 11: 34.0"
    Row 12: 35.0"
    Rows 13-29: 29.0"
    Row 30: 28"
  • Middle seats remain blocked in Club Europe, however, there are no seat mounted tables
  • Airspace XL overhead lockers are fitted on-board G-TTNM/N/O/P

MMB code 32G (A320 ceo)
This represents the latest A320 ceo configuration. All rows are fitted with B/E Aerospace slimline leather upholstered seats with 4-way adjustable headrests and eye level magazine storage. Cabins are also fitted with LED lighting. Maximum seating capacity is 180M. This increase in seat count is attributed to a rearrangement of the rear cabin, where the galley and adjoining toilets were replaced by Airbus's super compact SpaceFlex modules

Notes:
The row pitch is by and large the same as the 32N
As the 32N above. It is worth pointing out the cramped conditions at row 30. Seats 30A and 30F do not offer window views/natural daylight

MMB code 20E (A320 ceo)
This is the Gatwick based variant. All rows are fitted with B/E Aerospace slimline leather upholstered seats with 4-way adjustable headrests and eye level magazine storage. Cabins are also fitted with LED lighting. Maximum seating capacity is 177M.

Notes:
  • Row pitch:
    Rows 2-11: 30.0"
    Row 12: 35.0"
    Row 13: 34"
    Rows 14-30: 29.0"
  • In business class ("Club Europe"), the unsold middle seat is converted into a shared space by way of a centre console. Business class cabin sizes do vary depending on individual flight loads. While the cabin size is usually determined approx 72 hours ahead of departure, the seat map is still subject to further minor adjustments up to approx 24 hours before departure although rarely contracting or expanding by more than one row during this period.
  • Row 1, Row 2 starboard (DEF) and exit rows 12 and 13 offer greater leg room. Note however, the seats in row 12 (and also 11) do not recline
  • Due to the absence of a bulkhead in front of the seats at row 1, there isn't the usual privacy buffer

Related threads

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 6, 2023 at 1:11 pm Reason: Jan 2023 update
Old Jan 19, 2014, 6:43 pm

the configuration of former GB Airways A320s, G-TTOB and G-TTOE differ slightly with exit rows at 11 and 12 (subject to verification)

The latest A320s are fitted with slimline Pinnacle seats and configured for higher capacity (162CM). These frames have 29 rows in place of the usual 27. Registrations subject to verification.
G-EUUA–EUYE & G-TTOB/E are fitted with convertible seats

G-EUYF–EUYN are fitted with Spacesaver seats

G-EUYO–EUYR are fitted with Pinnacle seats

All of the A320's have the same configuration of 162CM. With rows 1-27 and exit rows at 10 and 11.

G-EUUA–EUUJ & G-TTOB/E are IFE-equipped.

Last edited by TCX69; Jun 29, 2014 at 3:46 pm
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Priority Club Gold, Herts Pres Circle
Doing CE LGW-ACE in March, Do I need to be hoping for anything other than an ex-BD A320?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum
MEDK now also uses the MMB code of M0A.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 4:20 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Some observations having just flown home on board G-EUYJ (fitted with spacesaver seats throughout).

Oodles of legroom in row 2, where I was seated. Compared to the ‘traditional’ convertible seating layout, row 1 on G-EUYK (and presumably others of its ilk) is a little further forward as this aircraft has no three-quarter height storage units between the main bulkhead and row 1. Consequently, seats 01A and 01F only get a one full window and share the second window with the occupants in row 2.

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 24, 2014 at 4:40 pm
Old Jan 24, 2014, 4:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Some further notes on the Pinnacle seats and layout.

I was on G-EUYO in 5A (CE) outbound to HEL on BA794 this week. Plenty of leg room, cushion not quite as soft, seat felt more rigid with less back support. The cushion really does feel much thinner. Window spacing was a bit odd as I was halfway between one and another. It's nice to be on a newer bus, as some of the early ones really are getting work-horse syndrome. The fact that it wasn't a convertible seat made it feel less. Coming home on BA799 I was surprised to find it was the same aircraft with me again in 5A.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

G-MEDK update (26 January 2014)

• 01F: still without windows
  • Operational equipment occupies overhead lockers above seats 01ABC and 02ABC leaving space for small handbags, light coats only. This places extra demand on the available lockers on the DEF side
  • No wardrobe in front of row 1 either
  • With the relative shortage of stowage volume towards the front of the cabin, exit row seats are therefore recommended. Not much use if you're travelling in Club Europe. On my flight today, crews were working with passengers to find available storage. Time consuming and frustrating to all concerned. This aircraft is the runt of the fleet.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
I read elsewhere that these Pinnacle Seats have the drinks tray that drops from the middle seat and the switch under the centre arm rests to make the window and aisle seats wider - like the BD seats.

Anyone confirm whether this is the case.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 6:50 am

Programs: QFF Silver, BA Blue, GF Silver, 3V Emerald
Question BA A320 Domestic - Seat 1A/1F - Window?

Re: BA A320 Domestic

A quick question, according to seatguru "Seat 1 A (and 1F) is missing a window". Is this correct? It's not mentioned on Seat Expert.

Anyone know? I have an upcoming flight where I need to be off quickly but I do like a window seat (ideally with a window)!!
Old Feb 5, 2014, 6:58 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
A320s don't usually have missing windows at Row 1 - but there are some odd configs out there some of the time and there is certainly at least one ex-BMI A319 which is missing Row 1 windows.

However, without wishing to be impolite, it's likely that Row 1 will be blocked off to all others than Gold Card Holders until checkin - are you sure that you will be able to access 1A or 1F anyway??
Old Feb 5, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: BA GGL
I've always wondered why row 1 is blocked off for GCHs on short haul / domestic - I'd much rather have row 2 blocked off. Why would anyone prefer to sit in row 1 - do people not like stretching their legs?
Old Feb 5, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
All LHR-based A32x aircraft should have windows at 1A/F. There's a few (one? two?) ex-BMI aircraft that don't, but I'm pretty sure they're based at LGW now.

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
However, without wishing to be impolite, it's likely that Row 1 will be blocked off to all others than Gold Card Holders until checkin - are you sure that you will be able to access 1A or 1F anyway??
T-72 actually - I always nabbed them around that time when I was Silver/Bronze/Blue.

Originally Posted by JonV
I've always wondered why row 1 is blocked off for GCHs on short haul / domestic - I'd much rather have row 2 blocked off. Why would anyone prefer to sit in row 1 - do people not like stretching their legs?
I'm a hint over 6' tall and find the legroom infinitely better in row 1 (particularly because I actually have space for my knees) than in rows with a seat in front. Your mileage may vary if you're shorter/taller/have different preferences.

Not to mention there is nobody in front to recline into you!
Old Feb 5, 2014, 7:12 am

Programs: QFF Silver, BA Blue, GF Silver, 3V Emerald
Thanks for the prompt responses ^

On such a short domestic flight I'm not bothered about stretching (but I do like a window) - I grew up flying UK-OZ in Y!

I'm now QF Gold and have access to select any available seat, including Row 1 and exit rows.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 7:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by JonV
Row 2 is blocked off for Golds ... as well as rows 1, 3, 4 and 5 (and sometimes 6 and 7!).
Old Feb 5, 2014, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Row 2 is blocked off for Golds ... as well as rows 1, 3, 4 and 5 (and sometimes 6 and 7!).
I thought silvers could access rows 2+?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.