Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
320 = Airbus A320 without Sharklets
32A = Airbus A320 with Sharklets
32N = Airbus A320neo

Airbus A320 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO (type 32G) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A320 NEO (type 32N). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

See the first post in this thread for current seat maps, details, and aircraft codes BA use internally to distinguish the different configurations.

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A320

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2014, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes that would be the best row, unless it gets swapped for a current configuration A320 in which case you'll want row 11.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:30 am

Programs: BA Bronze
We fly on an A320 from LHR to NCL in late October and the flight map in MMB is showing rows 11 & 12 to be exit rows. We have reserved seats in row 11 so we should be OK whichever configuration it is. We will also try for the front rows when they are released at 72 hours prior to the flight. I hope that I can do that from the US as I read somewhere that you cannot change after you have completed the first leg of your connecting flights. We'll see.

Katie
Old Jul 21, 2014, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You will be able to change your seats after the first flight. I agree that row 11 may be the safest bet till most/all aircraft are reconfigured, though if you're on a new configuration, row 11 won't recline.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:16 am

Thank you for the info on changing seats at -72 hours.

Katie
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Genius1
The CE cabin becomes semi-fixed around 72 hours before departure, so definitely check back then.
On the 72 hour point, can I reiterate something here: the publication of the edited seat map (accompanied by the release of the front few rows of economy and the appearance of a specific aircraft code) usually takes place at about lunchtime UK time on the day three days before the day of the flight (eg on Monday at lunchtime for a flight on Thursday). Describing this as T-72h (as well often do for shorthand) could be a misleading level of precision for someone who's not used to knowing the actual time at which this happens and these forward seats become available.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:17 am

Good point. I had already worked out that it would be around 7am in Florida where I will be. Before I joined Flyertalk, I would not have known this.

Katie
Old Aug 10, 2014, 5:52 am

Programs: BA Silver
Booked LGW-MLA on A320 in CE, need 160 for Silver :-), obviously 1A/C blocked but 2D/F available. Will these have same sort of legroom as 1A/C?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1AC should have more - and definitely if you're on G-MEDK (as well as any other ex-bmi A320, and G-EUUS which seems to be operating out of LGW now). Note that MEDK does not have a window at 01F.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 5:26 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Originally Posted by Genius1
Seat Guru have they seat plans showing 3 rows of CE, therefore they say that row 4 is the best row in ET due to the A-C config on convertible aircraft.

Of course in reality the CE cabin can be a number of different configs, and these 'best' ET seats move accordingly.
I too am trying to find the best seats on an A320 to LCA.

Is the idea to guess what will be one row behind CE or go with an exit row (I read that some exit row seats are rubbish)
Old Aug 12, 2014, 5:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Lioneye
I too am trying to find the best seats on an A320 to LCA.

Is the idea to guess what will be one row behind CE or go with an exit row (I read that some exit row seats are rubbish)
I think it's best to select the exit row initially and then around t-72 select A/C just behind the CE. For my flight today I was originally in 5C(chosen at T-72), and got a message yesterday they shifted me to 6C, I checked and this is now the first row behind CE on the port side. I quite appreciated it, compared to shifting me somewhere random, 6C is where I want to be
Old Aug 12, 2014, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A320 to LCA? This is from LGW, right? If so, unless you're on G-TTOB/OE, and whatever non-refurbished LHR aircraft is operating out of LGW, get the exit row. The front row of ET does not become a 2-seater on most LGW Airbus aircraft. Basically, it's a big mix and you'll only be more sure, but not certain, a few days out.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:08 am

And expect a rubbish in-flight service too (LGW-LCA) did it last week.Appalling- wont fly with them again!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by BA6501
A320 to LCA? This is from LGW, right? If so, unless you're on G-TTOB/OE, and whatever non-refurbished LHR aircraft is operating out of LGW, get the exit row. The front row of ET does not become a 2-seater on most LGW Airbus aircraft. Basically, it's a big mix and you'll only be more sure, but not certain, a few days out.
How do I put a screenshot up here? - I've put my son and his girlfriend in the exit row for now but row 7 only shows 2 seats. Is that important?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by welshbobby
And expect a rubbish in-flight service too (LGW-LCA) did it last week.Appalling- wont fly with them again!
I've done it in CE and it wasn't too bad (I was forewarned about no IFE and took a portable DVD player) My son has done it in economy before and said it was rubbish.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lioneye
How do I put a screenshot up here? - I've put my son and his girlfriend in the exit row for now but row 7 only shows 2 seats. Is that important?
I assume row 7 and the next few rows are blocked right now? Are the exit rows 10 & 11?

You could post your flight number and date and I'll look it up for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.