Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
320 = Airbus A320 without Sharklets
32A = Airbus A320 with Sharklets
32N = Airbus A320neo

Airbus A320 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO (type 32G) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A320 NEO (type 32N). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

See the first post in this thread for current seat maps, details, and aircraft codes BA use internally to distinguish the different configurations.

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A320

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2023, 9:02 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Originally Posted by SonicStar817
32Q is the code for the A321neo. So you won't see any reference to it in this thread.

ah yes there we go 🤣
Old Sep 25, 2023, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
No club Europe seats left to select

Hi,

I’m booked on BA892 LHR to SOF on 7th Oct in club Europe. When I booked I chose a seat in row 5.

I’ve now had an email saying my seat has changed, and it looks like the curtain has moved to in front of row 5. And there are no other seats to choose from.

Has anyone seen this before or can advise what to do please?

Thanks

Old Sep 25, 2023, 11:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Originally Posted by IrishPaul
Hi,

I’m booked on BA892 LHR to SOF on 7th Oct in club Europe. When I booked I chose a seat in row 5.

I’ve now had an email saying my seat has changed, and it looks like the curtain has moved to in front of row 5. And there are no other seats to choose from.

Has anyone seen this before or can advise what to do please?

Thanks

We had this recently where we had seats in row 4, but then the curtain moved to end CE at row 3. It happened to us much closer to departure, and I was worried about a downgrade or worse.

The issue may well be that golds etc have seat blocks next to them that only get released at check-in. When we got to check in, two seats in row 2 became available.

“Can I Help You” here was kindly able to check the load in CE vs the seat plan and in my case could see both were 12 which put my mind at rest.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by essexadventurer
We had this recently where we had seats in row 4, but then the curtain moved to end CE at row 3. It happened to us much closer to departure, and I was worried about a downgrade or worse.

The issue may well be that golds etc have seat blocks next to them that only get released at check-in. When we got to check in, two seats in row 2 became available.
Thanks. Strangely it has now opened up again back to row 12. I was able to select my original
seat in row 5.

Old Sep 29, 2023, 6:03 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Just checking that I am right and that Club is limited to 12 rows on the 320neo (maybe all 320s)?

I’ve picked row 14 but Club already back to row 12 and don’t wanted to be booted by a curtain move.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I booked my parents to fly LHR-CDG and paid for extra row seating for the two of them (in hindsight, I should've just used more Avios for J....). When I went to check them in tonight, both were booted out of their exit row seats and into row 20 and 22, respectively. On EF, I see J now goes to row 12. Is there any recourse they might be able to have by speaking to an agent at LHR? This is an anniversary trip for them, so not too pleased they've got booted and stuck with less legroom (my Dad is 1.8 meters)...
Old Oct 3, 2023, 4:51 pm

As a creature of habit I've usually booked Row 3 for Mrs R and myself when flying short haul. Unfortunately we have found ourselves on the same, newer, neo - TTNU, three times now having booked 3 A-C. It seems that row 2 A-C is slightly misaligned rearwards. The misalignment is not much but the loss of a couple of inches in row three is noticeable - especially for the lady in 2C last week who couldn't recline her seat - my knees were in the way. It's certainly the most cramped I have ever been in a CE seat. It's row 2 from now on!
Old Oct 4, 2023, 9:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I booked my parents to fly LHR-CDG and paid for extra row seating for the two of them (in hindsight, I should've just used more Avios for J....). When I went to check them in tonight, both were booted out of their exit row seats and into row 20 and 22, respectively. On EF, I see J now goes to row 12. Is there any recourse they might be able to have by speaking to an agent at LHR? This is an anniversary trip for them, so not too pleased they've got booted and stuck with less legroom (my Dad is 1.8 meters)...
You can recover the seating fee, but this is known as Curtain Roulette and a search of that term will throw up dozens of cases of this. It's a short flight. The only recourse would be to upgrade to CE with an AUP if it's still CE at the time of departure and still empty. You can amend an Avios booking to pay more for CE too, but there is still the risk of another curtain move, plus amending a redemption costs £35 per person.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 5:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
20E variant- row 1 or 2 preferable?

Hi
First time flying short haul from LGW since normally fly from LHR.
Got CE booked LGW- CTA.
I believe on the 20E version, 1AC or 2DF are the best seats.
I have option to book either. Currently booked into row 1.
Any recommendations of one over the other?
Thanks
Old Dec 9, 2023, 12:35 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Dselvan
Hi
First time flying short haul from LGW since normally fly from LHR.
Got CE booked LGW- CTA.
I believe on the 20E version, 1AC or 2DF are the best seats.
I have option to book either. Currently booked into row 1.
Any recommendations of one over the other?
Thanks
If it turns out to be 20E version, unlike all other 320’s in the fleet there is no bulkhead at Row 1.

This is great for legroom but not ideal during boarding because your feet are essentially in the doorway.

I guess it is a personal choice on whether you’d like the extra legroom and accept possible inconvenience during the boarding process vs not as much legroom but being more ‘protected’ from
bags and feet during boarding.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 2:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SHT88T
If it turns out to be 20E version, unlike all other 320’s in the fleet there is no bulkhead at Row 1.

This is great for legroom but not ideal during boarding because your feet are essentially in the doorway.

I guess it is a personal choice on whether you’d like the extra legroom and accept possible inconvenience during the boarding process vs not as much legroom but being more ‘protected’ from
bags and feet during boarding.
Definitely 20E seat map on MMB.
Is the position of the galley an issue for row 1?
If that is not an issue, then I will stick with row 1 since minor inconvenience of 15 minutes of boarding compensated by extra legroom comfort for a 3 hour flight.
Thanks
Old Dec 24, 2023, 2:39 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Gatwick GAT* series - seat power?

Do the Gatwick GAT* series aircraft (without 1 DEF) have inseat power? Many thanks.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 4:22 am

Looks like we've been allocated G-MIDS for BA719 tonight. I get confused, does this jet have pinnacle seats?
Old Apr 1, 2024, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Dn212
Looks like we've been allocated G-MIDS for BA719 tonight. I get confused, does this jet have pinnacle seats?
The seating layout comprises of 12 rows of Recaro BL3250 seats followed by 18 rows of Recaro SL3510 slimline seats

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.