FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seating guide: Airbus A320
View Single Post
Old Oct 4, 2023, 9:01 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I booked my parents to fly LHR-CDG and paid for extra row seating for the two of them (in hindsight, I should've just used more Avios for J....). When I went to check them in tonight, both were booted out of their exit row seats and into row 20 and 22, respectively. On EF, I see J now goes to row 12. Is there any recourse they might be able to have by speaking to an agent at LHR? This is an anniversary trip for them, so not too pleased they've got booted and stuck with less legroom (my Dad is 1.8 meters)...
You can recover the seating fee, but this is known as Curtain Roulette and a search of that term will throw up dozens of cases of this. It's a short flight. The only recourse would be to upgrade to CE with an AUP if it's still CE at the time of departure and still empty. You can amend an Avios booking to pay more for CE too, but there is still the risk of another curtain move, plus amending a redemption costs £35 per person.