Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
320 = Airbus A320 without Sharklets
32A = Airbus A320 with Sharklets
32N = Airbus A320neo

Airbus A320 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO (type 32G) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A320 NEO (type 32N). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

See the first post in this thread for current seat maps, details, and aircraft codes BA use internally to distinguish the different configurations.

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A320

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2021, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
I have a few flights booked in Club Europe and can only select from row two onwards. Does that mean that row one is reserved for golds? On one recent flight there was no row 1D and F. They started from the row 2 so to give me the best chance of legroom I have booked D and F in row two.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 2:03 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by botham
I have a few flights booked in Club Europe and can only select from row two onwards. Does that mean that row one is reserved for golds? On one recent flight there was no row 1D and F. They started from the row 2 so to give me the best chance of legroom I have booked D and F in row two.
Normally row 1 is for Golds until the flight gets taken over to FLY, so non Golds would only see row 2 and beyond. G-GAT aircraft don't have a 1D or 1F due to the layout of the forward galley (whereas it's up against door 1L on the port side). However depending on when the flight is, there is a huge chance the equipment could change many times over so I wouldn't take much for granted if the flight is some way off.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Normally row 1 is for Golds until the flight gets taken over to FLY, so non Golds would only see row 2 and beyond. G-GAT aircraft don't have a 1D or 1F due to the layout of the forward galley (whereas it's up against door 1L on the port side). However depending on when the flight is, there is a huge chance the equipment could change many times over so I wouldn't take much for granted if the flight is some way off.
Thanks, the three trips are all next year, so I’ll ‘watch this space’!

I guess the G-GAT metal must be old, as flight crew commented on the age and noise.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Hi I've had a scan of this thread and I think I already know the answer to my question but would value some experienced advice.
I have an upcoming flight in CE on a BA A32N. The cabin is almostly completely full and the only two seats together are either Row 10 or Row 11. I can reserve both for free although for non-status Row 11 would cost more than Row 10 as it's an exit row.
As far as I understand, both Row 10 and 11 won't recline, but row 11 has more leg room. Therefore I should choose row 11 > 10. Unless there are any other considerations I should know about?
Thanks
Old Feb 9, 2022, 4:39 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
If all of row 10 is empty then the curtain might move forward by one row and you'd be moved forward with it. Otherwise legroom is the deciding factor and I'd go for it. If service is done front to back you might not get your first choice of meal, but then that's true of row 10 as well.
Old May 29, 2022, 4:58 am

Worst plane I have ever flown

Flying BA LHR to Mykonos which is a 4 hour flight. Flying on a BA A320 and the seats are so tiny and thin and there is no legroom, no headrest and the seats don’t recline. The armrest are only short. This would be okay for a 1 hour flight but for a 4 hour price this is just insane, especially where the cheapest tickets were sold for £250+. Just another reason why I hate BA and will try my hardest not to fly them in the future.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:45 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Do the G-GATx series aircraft have in seat power in CE?
Old Jun 2, 2022, 9:24 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tom139
Do the G-GATx series aircraft have in seat power in CE?
Unfortunately not
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Question about Exit Row 12 on A320

It's been a while since I've flown the A320 in the economy cabin. Can anyone clarify the following:

1 - do the seats in exit row 12 recline normally?
2 - more importantly, are the overhead bins of regular size, and is there a risk that they may be reserved for equipment or crew luggage?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Can’t recall recline, never do on short haul. But boarding first as Gold and travelling in exit rows where you have to store everything above for takeoff, you’ll have no issues
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Originally Posted by London Dude
It's been a while since I've flown the A320 in the economy cabin. Can anyone clarify the following:

1 - do the seats in exit row 12 recline normally?
2 - more importantly, are the overhead bins of regular size, and is there a risk that they may be reserved for equipment or crew luggage?

My favorite economy seat

It should recline if its the 2nd row of the two exit rows. It will be a normal seat

The seat in front of you is fixed

Unless it's row 12 and 13 which are the exit rows and then row 11 and 12 will be fixed
volar likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Great, many thanks for the quick replies.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Apologies for taking so long 😂
Old Jul 21, 2022, 11:58 pm

Why are some exit rows on MMB ex-LHR rows 12 and 13 rather than 11 and 12? I can't figure this out from the maps above.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 12:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
on the A320? i wasn't aware there were any with exit rows at 12 and 13. could this be a wetlease aircraft from AY or IB perhaps?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.