Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
320 = Airbus A320 without Sharklets
32A = Airbus A320 with Sharklets
32N = Airbus A320neo

Airbus A320 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO (type 32G) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A320 NEO (type 32N). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

See the first post in this thread for current seat maps, details, and aircraft codes BA use internally to distinguish the different configurations.

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A320

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2020, 1:22 am

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Similar issue to the above poster but haven't seen it before.

Flying BA 640 (LHR-ATH) on 11th August and rows 10-12 are blocked out (confirmed on Expert Flyer). Flight loads seem empty enough when they are giving away 9+ seats for use with Avios in Y + J. I'm assuming this is blocked in case the curtain moves back?

When you say 72 hours, is that T-72 hours to the flight time or would it be for example at midnight tonight?
Old Aug 7, 2020, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Originally Posted by Ryanfozzie
Similar issue to the above poster but haven't seen it before.

Flying BA 640 (LHR-ATH) on 11th August and rows 10-12 are blocked out (confirmed on Expert Flyer). Flight loads seem empty enough when they are giving away 9+ seats for use with Avios in Y + J. I'm assuming this is blocked in case the curtain moves back?

When you say 72 hours, is that T-72 hours to the flight time or would it be for example at midnight tonight?
72 hours before the flights actual departure time.

LcS
Genius1 and Ryanfozzie like this.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 6:44 am

Is this a known issue with the exit rows when club is back to row 11? I’d like to be able to sit together in row 11, but only be offered the A and the D seat? Rows 11 and 12 showing as empty on expert flyer, 12 presumably blocked for curtain roulette. Not a huge issue as I’m sure whoever ends up 11C wouldn’t mind swapping, but annoying as it’s not worth phoning up for in the current climate.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 7:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Joshm300
Is this a known issue with the exit rows when club is back to row 11? I’d like to be able to sit together in row 11, but only be offered the A and the D seat? Rows 11 and 12 showing as empty on expert flyer, 12 presumably blocked for curtain roulette. Not a huge issue as I’m sure whoever ends up 11C wouldn’t mind swapping, but annoying as it’s not worth phoning up for in the current climate.
Yes it is a known issue, see post 454 for the most recent report, but there are other reports upthread. It may well sort itself out at T-96, but in any event, curtain roulette should dissuade you from moving.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 11:56 am

Hi. I've flown in row 1 many times on A320 but always an aisle seat. If in A or F is it easy to get past the person in the aisle at all times, even with tray table out? I seem to remember having to move my knees to face sideways to let someone out? Thanks.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 1:50 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Hi. I've flown in row 1 many times on A320 but always an aisle seat. If in A or F is it easy to get past the person in the aisle at all times, even with tray table out? I seem to remember having to move my knees to face sideways to let someone out? Thanks.
Depends how big you are. A to C is trickier since the C passenger would tend to have their legs past the bulkhead, indeed C passengers may well be taller and thus seek out that seat. F to D wouldn't have this since the D passenger wouldn't be able to get their feet past the bulkhead. That said, I would expect the aisle passenger to slightly move their legs, to allow someone out, but they wouldn't normally need to leave the seat. It used to be nearly impossible due to the drop-down screens, but most of those have gone now.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Depends how big you are. A to C is trickier since the C passenger would tend to have their legs past the bulkhead, indeed C passengers may well be taller and thus seek out that seat. F to D wouldn't have this since the D passenger wouldn't be able to get their feet past the bulkhead. That said, I would expect the aisle passenger to slightly move their legs, to allow someone out, but they wouldn't normally need to leave the seat. It used to be nearly impossible due to the drop-down screens, but most of those have gone now.
​​Thanks. I tend not to remember these things once I'm in flight mode.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 4:16 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Flying Blue
Maybe I missed the memo, but when I flew on G-MIDS the other day, it had standard BMI seating up till around 1/3 down the plane then had the brand new BA Recaro seating you see on the A321 neos etc... It looked pretty spotless, so was wondering if this was a recent change, or if it's just me missing the change.... I don't remember seeing it on G-MIDT earlier this year in Feb, unless I was just blindly unaware?
Old Sep 2, 2020, 4:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by cattp
Maybe I missed the memo, but when I flew on G-MIDS the other day, it had standard BMI seating up till around 1/3 down the plane then had the brand new BA Recaro seating you see on the A321 neos etc... It looked pretty spotless, so was wondering if this was a recent change, or if it's just me missing the change.... I don't remember seeing it on G-MIDT earlier this year in Feb, unless I was just blindly unaware?
Had G-MIDX recently to NQY and that has indeed been NEO'd, never even noticed at the time they weren't the BMI seats!
Attached Images  
cattp likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 8:17 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Flying Blue
Yes!! I knew I hadn't gone crazy, it's quite new right?? Cabin felt spotless. Looks so very strange to see the old BMI seats up front with the NEO seats behind, I was expecting Pinnacle for Club Europe.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 5:39 pm

A320 European LHR to Italy

For LHR to Italy (FCO, FLR or BLQ) in J operated by A320, seatguru states that row 4 has extra leg room. Is that correct? Or do all rows in J have the same leg room or recline, apart from row 1 perhaps?
Old Apr 5, 2021, 6:37 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
For LHR to Italy (FCO, FLR or BLQ) in J operated by A320, seatguru states that row 4 has extra leg room. Is that correct? Or do all rows in J have the same leg room or recline, apart from row 1 perhaps?
The first post of this very thread has all you need to know: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22184021-post1.html

There are no 320s that I know of on BA with extra legroom in row 4. It's usually rows 1, 11 and 12 (the latter two are emergency overwing exits, and sometimes show up in CE if the cabin is full, but you'd get served last if service starts at the front).
Old Apr 5, 2021, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
The seat pitch is the same in all the forward rows as per page 1 of this thread. Row 1 benefits from additional knee room but the fixed bulkhead directly in front prevents you from stretching your legs. The best advice I can give you is to completely ignore seatguru as it's inaccurate beyond belief and not fit for purpose. Instead use the seat guide on page 1 of this thread as it'll be updated a lot more quickly if changes to cabin layout are ever made.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
The best advice I can give you is to completely ignore seatguru as it's inaccurate beyond belief and not fit for purpose. Instead use the seat guide on page 1 of this thread as it'll be updated a lot more quickly if changes to cabin layout are ever made.
Great, thanks, lesson learned.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 9:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

A320 Club Europe

I produced two elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO cabin which shows the relationship between seats and windows. Note, the 32P (NEO) type shares the same cabin layout forward of row 13. The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Last edited by Prospero; Apr 10, 2021 at 2:18 pm Reason: Correction to aircraft codes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.