Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
320 = Airbus A320 without Sharklets
32A = Airbus A320 with Sharklets
32N = Airbus A320neo

Airbus A320 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO (type 32G) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A320 NEO (type 32N). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

See the first post in this thread for current seat maps, details, and aircraft codes BA use internally to distinguish the different configurations.

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A320

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2019, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And dear old Delta Kilo, the one and only windowless Gatwick bird at the bulkhead, is now blessed with a window at 1F.

That is a great pair of seats, apart from the E90 equivalent perhaps one of the best seats on European shorthaul. The only thing to watch - mainly at T-72 hours to departure - is that there hasn't been a late switch to another aircraft.
Are you saying that this could be an aircraft that I may be booked on, with no window at bulkhead 2F?
Old Oct 3, 2019, 11:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Are you saying that this could be an aircraft that I may be booked on, with no window at bulkhead 2F?
No, I'm saying all LGW shorthaul bulkheads now have windows. However fleet changes can happen, so row 2 could end up being the second row, if you end up on an aircraft with a row 1.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
No, I'm saying all LGW shorthaul bulkheads now have windows. However fleet changes can happen, so row 2 could end up being the second row, if you end up on an aircraft with a row 1.
Thank you.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 3:44 pm

Is this an error with missing C & F for row 11 & 12?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Voda_boy

Is this an error with missing C & F for row 11 & 12?
My flight a few weeks ago was showing this. I think it is just a glitch. ExpertFlyer showed what one would expect and not what is shown by BA.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
My flight a few weeks ago was showing this. I think it is just a glitch. ExpertFlyer showed what one would expect and not what is shown by BA.
Agreed. I’ve had this for a flight tomorrow. At OLCI the seat map reverted to “as expected” with the full rows of seats available.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 3:18 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

The original post received an extensive update today, including a full range of seat maps so I believe we now have all the configurations covered
Old Oct 19, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
The original post received an extensive update today, including a full range of seat maps so I believe we now have all the configurations covered
Some slight corrections.

The entirety of M0A/M1A at the bottom doesn’t exits.

All 6 G-MIDx frames are now in the CY180 configuration.
G-MEDK is also in CY180 and the window is now there at 1F as of a few months ago.

That entire configuration is no more.

Great job on the updates for this and the A321. ^
Old Nov 27, 2019, 1:56 pm

Why has the seating plan recently changed on my flight LPA to LGW on 11 April BA 2601, there was no row 1 D or F before now there is, so row 2 is now not bulkhead? It says it's an A320 but I thought it was that before, thanks.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 1:59 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by paulaf
Why has the seating plan recently changed on my flight LPA to LGW on 11 April BA 2601, there was no row 1 D or F before now there is, so row 2 is now not bulkhead? It says it's an A320 but I thought it was that before, thanks.
It has changed from one of the 10 G-GATx A320s to the non G-GATx A320s at LGW.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
It has changed from one of the 10 G-GATx A320s to the non G-GATx A320s at LGW.
What is a G-GATX? Will it change back again, thanks? It's a different layout outbound, the version without row 1.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by paulaf
What is a G-GATX? Will it change back again, thanks? It's a different layout outbound, the version without row 1.
The 10 ex Wizz air A320s BA got a few years ago, they have this seating config and all have the registrations G-GATx

CY177 | The BA Source

All other A320s at LGW have the standard config with 1A-C and 1D-F.

It may change back to this it may not, it's difficult to give an answer with any certainty unfortunately.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 2:36 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
I think there is something amiss here. The page title says "British Airways Airbus A320 CY177 Seatmap" but the seat plan shows only 171 seats so doesn't reflect the current densified configuration
KARFA likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero
I think there is something amiss here. The page title says "British Airways Airbus A320 CY177 Seatmap" but the seat plan shows only 171 seats so doesn't reflect the current densified configuration
Good point! I should have just referenced the A320 177 LGW seat map in post 1.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 2:55 pm

Ok thanks so just an aircraft change then. I've just nipped us into row 2 D and F as hubby doesn't like it when it's the bulkhead so am I right in thinking if it does change back again we won't get bumped, it would be row 1D F that do not us? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.