Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
320 = Airbus A320 without Sharklets
32A = Airbus A320 with Sharklets
32N = Airbus A320neo

Airbus A320 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO (type 32G) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A320 NEO (type 32N). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

See the first post in this thread for current seat maps, details, and aircraft codes BA use internally to distinguish the different configurations.

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A320

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2019, 12:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Living the dream in Antigua and the nightmare in Florida
Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, *A Gold, WN detractor
I will be flying LGW-MTA in July on an A320. It's interesting that the three possible seat maps shown on Seatguru do not match the aircraft. The BA map shows 30 rows, while the Seatguru maps show either 28 or 29 rows, I selected row 12, since I am pretty sure it is the exit row with full recline, right?
Old May 3, 2019, 12:36 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by SJCFlyerLG
I will be flying LGW-MTA in July on an A320. It's interesting that the three possible seat maps shown on Seatguru do not match the aircraft. The BA map shows 30 rows, while the Seatguru maps show either 28 or 29 rows, I selected row 12, since I am pretty sure it is the exit row with full recline, right?
Seatguru is horribly out of date, it's got equipment listed which was reconfigured years ago, not updated for that configuration, and the aircraft is no long flying!

Use thebasource instead. There are 3 main types of A320 out of LGW and 2 subvariants. So either use the website above, put the date here for someone to check, or if you are looking at MMB, it is indeed the second row of A320s with the full recline. The BA.com line up is usually correct. If there is a row 30 you are probably in an former Heathrow aircraft.
Old May 22, 2019, 5:23 pm

Flew BA for the first time in 5 years.
I needed a one-way ticket from Amsterdam to London, and BA's price was reasonable at 60 Euro's each. EastJet was cheapest but had heard horror stories about how uncomfortable they were.
Imagine my surprise when the A320 I boarded had 30 row's and I was row 29. WOW, I've never flown anything so cramp in my life ( I'm only 6'1). Sestguru showed 28 seats, so I figured my pitch would be around 31-32 but this had to easily be 29" pitch. Most uncomfortable.
Was also really surprised that you couldn't get free water, juice, coffee or coke.

I haven't flown intra-europe in a while, I'm grateful for airlines in North America now.
Old May 23, 2019, 1:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, best to avoid seatguru on BA for the reasons you found out (and many similar mistakes). Thebasource.com is better resource, and this was probably your aircraft:

CY180 | The BA Source

alternatively.
CY180 | The BA Source

If was a neo it would have slightly more pitch, because the seats are thinner.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: BAEC
A LGW-ACE flight is showing 30 rows, exit rows have already gone so I’d prefer the last row, however are the reconfigured ones without a window in the last row?
george77300 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by RyanLHR
A LGW-ACE flight is showing 30 rows, exit rows have already gone so I’d prefer the last row, however are the reconfigured ones without a window in the last row?
No window last row on all I believe (?). Definitely on A321ceo/neo. Pretty sure no window on last row A320ceo. Can’t remember about A320neo.

Seats are also narrower and right by queues for toilets and galley noise. I’d avoid last row at all costs.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by george77300

No window last row on all I believe (?). Definitely on A321ceo/neo. Pretty sure no window on last row A320ceo. Can’t remember about A320neo.

Seats are also narrower and right by queues for toilets and galley noise. I’d avoid last row at all costs.

some poor group has block booked them a few minutes later so went for 28f instead.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:13 am

MMB for my LGW-TFS flight says A320 with 30 rows, but interestingly exit rows are 12 and 13, couldn't find matching configuration from basource. Anybody know witch bird it might be?
Thank you!
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:32 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyslow
MMB for my LGW-TFS flight says A320 with 30 rows, but interestingly exit rows are 12 and 13, couldn't find matching configuration from basource. Anybody know witch bird it might be?
Thank you!
is it a G-GATx plane? CY177 The BA Source
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
is it a G-GATx plane? CY177 The BA Source
No, it has 29 rows, I see this in MMB
Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:32 am

Is there a way to differentiate G-MIDx aircraft and LHR A320’s at Gatwick based on Expertflyer? I’m looking at a SVQ trip in early January and want to aviod BMI birds but all flights seem to have 1D and 1F.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 10:21 am

Row 2 DF LGW A320 Bulkhead seats

Hi. Haven't flown short-haul ex LGW for a long time. I've got 2DF reserved on an A320 where row 2 on that side is bulkhead. Is there any risk that there's no window here? I've read about ex BD aircraft and missing windows but not sure if they operate at LGW? Thanks.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 10:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Hi. Haven't flown short-haul ex LGW for a long time. I've got 2DF reserved on an A320 where row 2 on that side is bulkhead. Is there any risk that there's no window here? I've read about ex BD aircraft and missing windows but not sure if they operate at LGW? Thanks.
All the G-GATx aircraft with that configuration have a window at 2F.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 10:46 am

And dear old Delta Kilo, the one and only windowless Gatwick bird at the bulkhead, is now blessed with a window at 1F.

That is a great pair of seats, apart from the E90 equivalent perhaps one of the best seats on European shorthaul. The only thing to watch - mainly at T-72 hours to departure - is that there hasn't been a late switch to another aircraft.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
All the G-GATx aircraft with that configuration have a window at 2F.
Thank you for the confirmation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.