Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
320 = Airbus A320 without Sharklets
32A = Airbus A320 with Sharklets
32N = Airbus A320neo

Airbus A320 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO (type 32G) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A320 NEO (type 32N). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

See the first post in this thread for current seat maps, details, and aircraft codes BA use internally to distinguish the different configurations.

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A320

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2014, 6:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
The extra legroom in the exit row seats is negligible on the A320, compared to the non-exit rows up to row 13 (which have extra legroom compared to rows 14 and beyond).

My advice would be to go for A and C in the first row, but keep a keen eye out on curtain shifts, particularly up to T-24. If you're less adventurous, my favourite seats for a couple after the converted pair are any EF seats up to row 13.
Thanks
Old May 23, 2014, 5:40 am

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Gold, Hilton - Gold, Global Entry,
We're flying to Athens in ET on Sunday on a -20D with a lap infant and a 3 yr old (4 passengers including lap infant) and there is no B seat in row 6 on the seat map.

I had moved our seats to 6A, C & D. Will the B seat be completely blocked or could they take the divider or whatever large armrest/blocker is out? That would be ideal to put our younger daughter in or should I go for seats 6C, 6D and 6F and hope that nobody takes or gets assigned to 6E? The seat map for ET looks less than 50% full at this point.

Is there a limit to how often you can change seats? I had gotten a confirmation when i moved up from a row further back in the plane, but it I get a message that it can't confirm the changes when I try to make a change now. I am trying to move the 3 yr old from 6A to 6F which would leave 6E empty if that might be causing any issues.
Old May 23, 2014, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
The seat map being full or not doesn't mean anything as most people don't / can't select seats before OLCI.

The B seat in the front row of ET will be blocked, unless it's an ex-bmi aircraft or a newer A320. Furthermore while it is now row 6, it could be moved forward or backward. You can change seats as often as you like, the problem you have is probably because only one person is being moved. Try moving all pax to different seats (row 7), confirm then immediately go in and switch back to desired seats.
Old May 23, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Gold, Hilton - Gold, Global Entry,
Originally Posted by BA6501
The seat map being full or not doesn't mean anything as most people don't / can't select seats before OLCI.

The B seat in the front row of ET will be blocked, unless it's an ex-bmi aircraft or a newer A320. Furthermore while it is now row 6, it could be moved forward or backward. You can change seats as often as you like, the problem you have is probably because only one person is being moved. Try moving all pax to different seats (row 7), confirm then immediately go in and switch back to desired seats.

When I logged back in to change seats, the front row had moved back to row 7. Even though it said my seats were confirmed on the manage my booking page, they were "undefined" and no longer on the map. It's either row 7 or row 9 now...risk getting booted or no recline.
Old May 23, 2014, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd take row 7 and keep checking.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 9:43 am

Hi
I've booked my seats for my flight in October and I chose rows 12 and 13. I have since been back on ba's website and now when I look at the seating plan it shows row 12 as an exit row. It definitely wasn't when I booked it. It now shows both rows 11 and 12 as exit.

I'm hoping that having an exit row will not cause us any problems as one of us travelling is only 13 years old.

Does anyone possibly know why the seating plan has changed.

Thanks
Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by dizzzy
I'm hoping that having an exit row will not cause us any problems as one of us travelling is only 13 years old.
It shouldn't do, as long as the 13 year old is genuinely capable of throwing the (very heavy) door out of the aircraft (assuming this is an over-wing exit).
Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It changed as the flight was initially planned to be operated by a 'standard' BA A320 and will now be operated by an ex-bmi A320, with tighter legroom, different seats, and no row 13.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 1:56 am

It changed as the flight was initially planned to be operated by a 'standard' BA A320 and will now be operated by an ex-bmi A320, with tighter legroom, different seats, and no row 13.
Oh I might have a problem then. We are booked on row 12 and 13 think my parents will have to sit out on the wing. For them to get out there though my 13 year old super slim (skinny) daughter will have to open the exit door

On a serious note if there is no row 13 they wouldn't still show it on the seating plan and let us have that row booked would they.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I flew on a 20C and it was G-EUYG, with pretty tattered seats that do not convert. The 20C code appeared as I was going to the gate, so there was no equipment swap. I had never encountered 20C before, but it's not like I am on BA's A320s that often (probably once a month on average).

The info on the Wikipost is obviously no longer correct (it does not list 20C at all and puts G-EUYG under the 20D category) but unfortunately I don't have enough info to correct it.

Maybe some BAers can do a bit of editing? @:-)
Old Jun 29, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Where did you see the code appear that soon before departure?
Old Jun 29, 2014, 3:41 pm

Does anyone possibly know why the seating plan has changed.
A320s with rows 11 & 12 as the exit rows and with a row 13 is the new configuration that all the 'standard' A320's will eventually be.

The same but without row 13 is one of the ex-bmi A320's.

20A - G-EUYO
20C - G-EUYF-N & G-EUYP-W
20D - G-EUU*, G-EUYA-E and G-TTOB/E
Old Jun 29, 2014, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So 20A is the code for the new cabin?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
So 20A is the code for the new cabin?
It is.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by TCX69
A320s with rows 11 & 12 as the exit rows and with a row 13 is the new configuration that all the 'standard' A320's will eventually be.

The same but without row 13 is one of the ex-bmi A320's.

20A - G-EUYO
20C - G-EUYF-N & G-EUYP-W
20D - G-EUU*, G-EUYA-E and G-TTOB/E
That's what I see for my flight. I realize it could change and this thread has been very helpful.

With these new configs of 11/12 being an exit row & also having a row 13: what's the best bet? I put my group in row 12 for now- I figured it might have a little more legroom and have a standard recline at least.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.