Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
320 = Airbus A320 without Sharklets
32A = Airbus A320 with Sharklets
32N = Airbus A320neo

Airbus A320 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO (type 32G) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A320 NEO (type 32N). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

See the first post in this thread for current seat maps, details, and aircraft codes BA use internally to distinguish the different configurations.

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A320

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Completely normal. Seats in a varying number of rows behind CE are blocked until approx T-72. Those not assigned to CE will usually open for selection by eligible pax around noon UK time 3 days before the flight in question. It is still possible that the CE curtain can move again after this time, depending on route.

Of course, if you have an HBO fare booked since the end of March, you will have to pay to select a seat other than the one assigned to you.
Thanks. Will set myself a reminder for T-72. Not HBO - I will very much have B, and not only of the H variety, as this is part of a longer ex-US itinerary.
Old May 19, 2015, 9:56 am

Bulkhead?

My disabled wife and I are traveling lgw to Marrakech this sept on a BA A320. I was told I could have seats 11 e&f but have now been given 21 e&f instead but told they are identical. Obviously being disabled exit rows aren't an option..

2 questions:

Are these bulkhead seats
Does anyone know the comparable legroom of them compared to Thomson flights to Marrakech?

*I can't afford to upgrade to EC.
Old May 19, 2015, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Welcome to FT!

21EF would not be exit rows. If you meant 12EF, then yes, these are exit rows. On the LGW fleet, avoid rows 10, 11, 12, 13, as depending on the aircraft they could end up being an exit row. Do you have a wheelchair in the booking? If so, then you can select your seats for free, and it will suitably block out exit rows. Again, avoid those rows (10-13) as the aircraft might change.

The only bulkhead seats (or front row seats) are in row 1, therefore in Club Europe.

The legroom is the same throughout.
Old May 19, 2015, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adam1683
My disabled wife and I are traveling lgw to Marrakech this sept on a BA A320. I was told I could have seats 11 e&f but have now been given 21 e&f instead but told they are identical. Obviously being disabled exit rows aren't an option..

2 questions:

Are these bulkhead seats
Does anyone know the comparable legroom of them compared to Thomson flights to Marrakech?

*I can't afford to upgrade to EC.
When you have a disabled profile added to your booking you have the benefit of free seat selection in the entire cabin-exit rows excepted (though theoretically they can be selected) you should therefore be able to choose a seat wherever you want in your cabin class.
Old May 19, 2015, 3:15 pm

Bulkhead

Thank you both. We were supposed to be allocated row 11 as they said they were extra legroom but not exit, then told can't book them until 4 days prior. Now been given 21 and told they're bulkhead seats. BA either don't know they're own planes or I'm being lied to...

I have free reign over the seats in economy but am I understanding correctly, they've all ( exit excl ) got equal legroom?
Old May 19, 2015, 4:33 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by Adam1683
Thank you both. We were supposed to be allocated row 11 as they said they were extra legroom but not exit, then told can't book them until 4 days prior. Now been given 21 and told they're bulkhead seats. BA either don't know they're own planes or I'm being lied to...

I have free reign over the seats in economy but am I understanding correctly, they've all ( exit excl ) got equal legroom?
Row 21 is not a bulkhead on any BA A320 that I'm aware of, the only bulkheads on A320s are in row 1 (row 2DEF on a few aircraft, G-GAT*).

All seats excluding exit rows and bulkheads on BA A320s have equal legroom, and that includes CE (30" pitch in both CE and ET now).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ul-cabins.html

On an aircraft where row 12 is an exit row, then row 11 does have a little more legroom. Seats don't recline though, due to the exit row behind it. I'm not 100% sure whether BA treats row 11 as an exit row or not.

You can see seat maps for all BA's A320s at http://www.thebasource.com/seatmaps.html

Last edited by Oaxaca; May 19, 2015 at 4:41 pm Reason: add BAsource link
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
On an aircraft where row 12 is an exit row, then row 11 does have a little more legroom. Seats don't recline though, due to the exit row behind it. I'm not 100% sure whether BA treats row 11 as an exit row or not.
Does this mean that row 11 is better in this aircraft than row 12. I thought they'd have the same legroom but that 12 would recline (giving it the advantage over 11).

They both look to be considered exit rows on the BA seatmap in MMB.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:58 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by where2travel
Does this mean that row 11 is better in this aircraft than row 12. I thought they'd have the same legroom but that 12 would recline (giving it the advantage over 11).

They both look to be considered exit rows on the BA seatmap in MMB.
I haven't noticed a difference between them in terms of legroom, but yes both are considered an exit row and row 12 is the only one that reclines.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Silver
Hi folks- just wanted to check some info from some time ago (before refits, I think). Is G-MEDK the only A320 in the LGW fleet that doesn't have a window at 1F? And is there anyway to tell if that's the plane you've got?

Thanks
Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Scots_Al
Hi folks- just wanted to check some info from some time ago (before refits, I think). Is G-MEDK the only A320 in the LGW fleet that doesn't have a window at 1F? And is there anyway to tell if that's the plane you've got?

Thanks
Yes it is the only shorthaul aircraft of any description without a view at 1F (or 2F on those aircraft without starboard row 1).

You can sometimes work out future movements via http://www.flightradar24.com/reg/g-medk and similar sites but for LGW they don't seem to plan as far ahead as LHR in terms of website data.

On MMB you can see if it is allocated from T-72 (approx) if the seat plan shows M0C as the aircraft type but in my experience it is often swapped in or out, so you get both false positives and negatives on that code.

If I'm going from LGW on a longer sector then it's probably going to be MEDK. I had it a few days ago for DLM and I see it's doing ACE, MLA and RHO services.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes it is the only shorthaul aircraft of any description without a view at 1F (or 2F on those aircraft without starboard row 1).

You can sometimes work out future movements via http://www.flightradar24.com/reg/g-medk and similar sites but for LGW they don't seem to plan as far ahead as LHR in terms of website data.

On MMB you can see if it is allocated from T-72 (approx) if the seat plan shows M0C as the aircraft type but in my experience it is often swapped in or out, so you get both false positives and negatives on that code.

If I'm going from LGW on a longer sector then it's probably going to be MEDK. I had it a few days ago for DLM and I see it's doing ACE, MLA and RHO services.
Thanks CWS, much appreciated. Yes, Flight radar only showing flights for today. Off to ACE tomorrow - aircraft type on the seat map and in the flight info still just says Airbus a320 jet... so hopefully okay!
Old Jun 27, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Seating guide: Airbus A320

My mantra is never to choose 1F from LGW, which avoids the stress of wondering if you get this rubbish aeroplane.

Has anyone ever explained why they blocked out the window at 1F? There is physically a window there, but it's panelled over.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 11:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thanks CWS, much appreciated. Yes, Flight radar only showing flights for today. Off to ACE tomorrow - aircraft type on the seat map and in the flight info still just says Airbus a320 jet... so hopefully okay!
That's a bit odd at this late stage, unless you are doing this via the BA App. If you go to the full online site, and go to MMB / Seating / seat map, the top left should show a code, possible 10A in your case. However I notice that Delta Kilo makes regular appearances on that route.....
Old Jun 28, 2015, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
That's a bit odd at this late stage, unless you are doing this via the BA App. If you go to the full online site, and go to MMB / Seating / seat map, the top left should show a code, possible 10A in your case. However I notice that Delta Kilo makes regular appearances on that route.....
No still just Airbus a320 jet! Oh well, have moved further back in any case. Thanks again.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 1:44 am

No still just Airbus a320 jet! Oh well, have moved further back in any case. Thanks again.
Delta Kilo has just gone off to Naples, it is due back around 13 hrs. Last Sunday it did the same - and then went off to ACE! So it's not looking good!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.