Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
320 = Airbus A320 without Sharklets
32A = Airbus A320 with Sharklets
32N = Airbus A320neo

Airbus A320 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO (type 32G) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A320 NEO (type 32N). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

See the first post in this thread for current seat maps, details, and aircraft codes BA use internally to distinguish the different configurations.

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A320

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond + Ambassador, Accor Gold, Avis President's Club, Heathrow Rewards
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Thanks for such a quick response. Does this mean the seats have square arm rests if that makes sense so that you can't lift any of them up or do the A and F seats still have a normal armrests on the window side.
The arm rests are fixed and don't move up.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 5:11 pm

Just thought I would update on my flight to and from Tenerife as I asked advice about seats.
Outward bound I was in row 9 immediately behind business . ( window /aisle seat )
Once the curtains were closed I found it extremely claustrophobic . Legroom seemed tight . Food cold only and not to my taste ( got much better hot food on shorter flight from Heathrow. )
Return row 14 immediately behind exit seats ( aisle /middle ) felt much better and might have even been comfortable if the people in front did not decide to recline seats even before seatbelt signs were turned off and left them there for full length of flight . They already had extra room , they were not asleep , I thought it was very inconsiderate
Only 2 drinks runs on over 4 hour flight one before food and tea, coffee and water with meal.
Not impressed sorry
Old Apr 22, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: BAEC
I'm flying in CE on this in a few days. I'm currently in row 1 (not much other options left at this stage), it's a short dash, but have a knee problem so standing helps.

The 2 pictures I could find of the cabin suggest the right side of the front galley is just trolley storage (with some room to stand) and the left side, behind the WC, is the crew seat? Is that right?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:52 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by varkey
I'm flying in CE on this in a few days. I'm currently in row 1 (not much other options left at this stage), it's a short dash, but have a knee problem so standing helps.

The 2 pictures I could find of the cabin suggest the right side of the front galley is just trolley storage (with some room to stand) and the left side, behind the WC, is the crew seat? Is that right?
That's about right. CC usually occupy the right hand side of the galley to prepare meals, and the left (nearer the toilet) is usually empty. You could stand in there if it helps.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:06 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Deborah Pendleton
Only 2 drinks runs on over 4 hour flight one before food and tea, coffee and water with meal.
You are welcome to get (much!) more by pressing the call bell or visiting the rear galley
Old Apr 25, 2015, 5:44 am

Sorry - am getting muddled here. MMB has changed to M0A - what seat do those planes have? I thought all LHR flights had the new seats?
If NOT - am booked in row 1 is that still best for legroom or am I better elsewhere (row 2 wide open as of now).

Many thanks
Old Apr 25, 2015, 6:39 am

M0A is the ex-BMI A320 layout. Five A320s in the G-MID* series are based at Heathrow.
These were re-seated by BMI before the takeover and have the same seating capacity as the original BA aircraft that have recently been re-seated, but not the same model of seat.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by Andy33
M0A is the ex-BMI A320 layout. Five A320s in the G-MID* series are based at Heathrow.
These were re-seated by BMI before the takeover and have the same seating capacity as the original BA aircraft that have recently been re-seated, but not the same model of seat.
Ok thanks - what seat do they have? Will it be squashed middle like old CE or 2-2 like new layout?
Old Apr 25, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Seating guide: Airbus A320

No squashed middle seats on any A320s these days, ex-bmi or not.

The new layout isn't "proper 2-2", it's still 3-3 but with an unused middle seat which does not compress down.

Google-Image "bmi A320 cabin" to see what it looks like. I find them fine, even to IST and back.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Rewards, BAPP
Armrests on A320s

Did a day trip to BCN yesterday using the HBO weekend fares. Outbound Mrs AQ and I were allocated 8D/F on a very full flight and 5E/F on a not so full return.

Outbound was on G-EUUF and back on G-EUYT both with the Pinnacle seats. As they both have the new seats we were curious why YT had ordinary arms but UF had an audio panel, which was live, in them. I didn't have any headphones with me to see if it was playing anything.

As an aside we both found the seats to be comfortable on a 2 hour flight with good legroom (I'm5'10") but could understand the CE issues.

AQ

Last edited by alwaysquestions; Apr 26, 2015 at 8:15 am
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by alwaysquestions
Outbound was on G-EUUF and back on G-EUYT both with the Pinnacle seats. As they both have the new seats we were curious why YT had ordinary arms but UF had an audio panel, which was live, in them. I didn't have any headphones with me to see if it was playing anything.
AQ
UF is part of the subfleet which has always had IFE audio connections in the seats and the ability to show entertainment on the overhead screens that otherwise display the safety video and the map. They are meant to be for the Band 4 routes like ATH/IST/LCA where this facility is actually advertised, but are more often than not found almost anywhere else while IFE-less A320s visit Greece, Cyprus and Turkey. When the seats were upgraded, the IFE capability was retained.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Rewards, BAPP
Originally Posted by Andy33
UF is part of the subfleet which has always had IFE audio connections in the seats and the ability to show entertainment on the overhead screens that otherwise display the safety video and the map. They are meant to be for the Band 4 routes like ATH/IST/LCA where this facility is actually advertised, but are more often than not found almost anywhere else while IFE-less A320s visit Greece, Cyprus and Turkey. When the seats were upgraded, the IFE capability was retained.
Thanks Andy33

Didn't know there were subfleets within 20A fleet. Interesting to know.

AQ
Old May 5, 2015, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have been reaccommodated on BA due to a delay on my original flights, and had the joy of enduring the new 320 business class seats right after a 13 hour flight from Asia.

Torture. My back actually ached upon landing. Reading a newspaper was a challenge. The seat was noticeably narrow. (Food, however, was good).

Overall, BA in business class no longer makes any sense whatsoever for travel between Continental europe to Asia. A business class ticket on QR or EK/EY gives you business class seating on the entire trip, without having to endure BA's Ryanair-style seating. I am sure BA forecasted this when they went to Ryanair-style seating.
Old May 8, 2015, 5:05 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Blocked rows?

I hardly ever fly intra-EU; almost all my trips are TATL, but just booked LHR-BUD-LHR on 320s (in ET) for the end of the month and noticed something that looks odd in the seating chart.

I know that planes will tend to fill up from the front, but looking in MMB it shows that rows 5-13 have no available seats, rows 14 and 15 look 'normal' (i.e. a few seats taken, a few - mostly middles - empty), and then the rest of the plane all the way to the back wide open.

I'm guessing that the forward rows are therefore currently blocked rather than simply all booked by convenient parties of 3 or solo travels that prefer middles, and I guess this might be while they work out how many CE seats they will sell.....?

Can anyone say when these rows tend to become available for the unwashed? (And does this all happen in one fell swoop or in increments?)
Old May 8, 2015, 6:10 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by User Name
I hardly ever fly intra-EU; almost all my trips are TATL, but just booked LHR-BUD-LHR on 320s (in ET) for the end of the month and noticed something that looks odd in the seating chart.

I know that planes will tend to fill up from the front, but looking in MMB it shows that rows 5-13 have no available seats, rows 14 and 15 look 'normal' (i.e. a few seats taken, a few - mostly middles - empty), and then the rest of the plane all the way to the back wide open.

I'm guessing that the forward rows are therefore currently blocked rather than simply all booked by convenient parties of 3 or solo travels that prefer middles, and I guess this might be while they work out how many CE seats they will sell.....?

Can anyone say when these rows tend to become available for the unwashed? (And does this all happen in one fell swoop or in increments?)
Completely normal. Seats in a varying number of rows behind CE are blocked until approx T-72. Those not assigned to CE will usually open for selection by eligible pax around noon UK time 3 days before the flight in question. It is still possible that the CE curtain can move again after this time, depending on route.

Of course, if you have an HBO fare booked since the end of March, you will have to pay to select a seat other than the one assigned to you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.