Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
320 = Airbus A320 without Sharklets
32A = Airbus A320 with Sharklets
32N = Airbus A320neo

Airbus A320 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO (type 32G) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A320 NEO (type 32N). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

See the first post in this thread for current seat maps, details, and aircraft codes BA use internally to distinguish the different configurations.

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A320

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2016, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Genius1
You need to be booked in Club Europe to select seats in Club Europe. You may be offered an upgrade through MMB or at OLCI (at cost), or at the airport (again, at cost). You will be able to use the lounge in MRS as you have a same day international connection in First.
As I read it, jlemon is already booked in CE but is wondering whether connecting to a long-haul F flight would entitle them to free pre-allocation on the CE flight.

If I've got that right, the answer is still no.

In fact, even if on the same award ticket you have a sector in F and a sector in CE, you still have to pay for pre-allocation in CE even though pre-allocation is free on the F sector. It all depends on the booking class for each sector in turn.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by Globaliser
As I read it, jlemon is already booked in CE but is wondering whether connecting to a long-haul F flight would entitle them to free pre-allocation on the CE flight.

If I've got that right, the answer is still no.

In fact, even if on the same award ticket you have a sector in F and a sector in CE, you still have to pay for pre-allocation in CE even though pre-allocation is free on the F sector. It all depends on the booking class for each sector in turn.
Indeed, we are already booked in Club Europe from MRS to LHR and in First from LHR to IAD. And we were able to reserve our seats in F at no charge. Hopefully, we will be able to check our bags from MRS straight through to IAD.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 5:27 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jlemon
Indeed, we are already booked in Club Europe from MRS to LHR and in First from LHR to IAD. And we were able to reserve our seats in F at no charge. Hopefully, we will be able to check our bags from MRS straight through to IAD.
Unless you are able to get the front row seats from MRS (possibly in the final 72 hours, but if you don't have status at Online Check In) then there is no point in paying to reserve seats, MRS will only be about half full in CE, and apart from row 1 the seats are identical with no realistic risk of you being separated. [One exception, possibly no air vent in row 6 if CE goes that far back, equipment depending]. It's also a very short flight. So I'd leave it until OLCI. If you were a larger family group in Euro Traveller then I may suggest differently. Your baggage should be through checked, just have your BA locator and flight number handy for the Dulles sector.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Unless you are able to get the front row seats from MRS (possibly in the final 72 hours, but if you don't have status at Online Check In) then there is no point in paying to reserve seats, MRS will only be about half full in CE, and apart from row 1 the seats are identical with no realistic risk of you being separated. [One exception, possibly no air vent in row 6 if CE goes that far back, equipment depending]. It's also a very short flight. So I'd leave it until OLCI. If you were a larger family group in Euro Traveller then I may suggest differently. Your baggage should be through checked, just have your BA locator and flight number handy for the Dulles sector.
Thank you, sir!
Old Jan 28, 2016, 12:54 pm

I am sure this will have been answered previously, however, as I start my travels tomorrow I would like to ask the following:

I currently have 01DF via online checkin on an A320. I cannot remember the exact aircraft type on OLC and don't have access as have printed the boarding cards already. On ba.com they are still selling seats and the aircraft type shows as 20A. Does this mean that I will avoid row 1DF seats that have no window, as per the ex BMED aircraft? Thanks.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 1:05 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
I currently have 01DF via online checkin on an A320. I cannot remember the exact aircraft type on OLC and don't have access as have printed the boarding cards already. On ba.com they are still selling seats and the aircraft type shows as 20A. Does this mean that I will avoid row 1DF seats that have no window, as per the ex BMED aircraft? Thanks.
That is the mainstream A320 fleet, and 1D and F are generally considered good seats. The dreaded Delta Kilo with the missing window is only LGW. If you want a more specific answer by all means indicate the flight number and I can check (probably) the precise aircraft you should be on tomorrow, but I think you are OK.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 1:12 pm

That is the mainstream A320 fleet, and 1D and F are generally considered good seats. The dreaded Delta Kilo with the missing window is only LGW. If you want a more specific answer by all means indicate the flight number and I can check (probably) the precise aircraft you should be on tomorrow, but I think you are OK.
Our domestic flight is tomorrow, but the flight in question is BA488 LHR-LPA on Sat. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Our domestic flight is tomorrow, but the flight in question is BA488 LHR-LPA on Sat. Thanks in advance for your help.
Ok, so you should be on G-EUYS, according to flightradar24, and according to thebasource.com that is your bog standard 168 seater Pinnacle:

http://www.thebasource.com/seatmaps/...pinnacle.html#

Full window and 1D and 1F are good seats with window.

I hope you have an enjoyable stay in LPA, I was there a few weeks back, and had a good time there. I particularly enjoyed walking down the Calle Triana, over to the Vegueta market and the back streets of the old town around there and around the cathedral. There is now a lounge available for your on the return too, details in the lounge thread in the Dashboard.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 1:44 pm

Ok, so you should be on G-EUYS, according to flightradar24, and according to thebasource.com that is your bog standard 168 seater Pinnacle:

http://www.thebasource.com/seatmaps/...pinnacle.html#

Full window and 1D and 1F are good seats with window.

I hope you have an enjoyable stay in LPA, I was there a few weeks back, and had a good time there. I particularly enjoyed walking down the Calle Triana, over to the Vegueta market and the back streets of the old town around there and around the cathedral. There is now a lounge available for your on the return too, details in the lounge thread in the Dashboard.

Thank you. We have been many times and always enjoy it.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 6:25 pm

Flying on an A320 to Faro in May. Seat map for the flights both ways shows exit rows at row 12 and 13 but has rows going all the way back to row 30??

I can see no seat map on the usually accurate BA Source where any A320 has rows numbered higher than 29.

Can anyone explain what aircraft this is?
The LGW G–GAT* A320’s will soon be reconfigured to 177 seats, instead of 171. That’s why you can see a seat plan with 30 rows.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 7:15 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by TCX69
The LGW G–GAT* A320’s will soon be reconfigured to 177 seats, instead of 171. That’s why you can see a seat plan with 30 rows.
Thanks for that. What does this mean for legroom?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Bronze
I'm travelling domestically on Friday, on a 20A aircraft. I'm trying to work out whether to go for row 1 or row 12. Which offers better legroom? I'm quite slim and of average height, if that makes any difference?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I'd go for row 1, personally. Unless you have a lot of hand baggage.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:21 am

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
BA A320 Airplane, seat question!

Hi

On seat Guru and even BA's own seating plan (A320 Europe configuration) it shows a full row one.

However when I go to try and change my seats and choose an alternative via manage my booking, it shows only 1A & 1C, no 1D & 1F !

It then shows row 2 onwards as full rows.

Does anyone know why, and if indeed there are seats 1D and 1F ?

Also seat Guru shows seats on row 4 as preferable seats (green). Why is this ?

Thanks
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:35 am

Programs: M&M, BA Silver, Accor LeClub Gold
The usual logic is to ignore Seat Guru and go to thebasource.com

I'm guessing that you are on one of the second hand Gatwick aircraft?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.