Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
320 = Airbus A320 without Sharklets
32A = Airbus A320 with Sharklets
32N = Airbus A320neo

Airbus A320 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO (type 32G) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A320 NEO (type 32N). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

See the first post in this thread for current seat maps, details, and aircraft codes BA use internally to distinguish the different configurations.

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A320

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:08 am

Programs: Varies
I'm flying economy on BA478 to Barcelona on Saturday and had reserved 2 seats at the back of the plane (I like to have a view so avoid being over the wings). More seat availability has come up at the front of the plane (rows 6&7) and I'm tempted to book seats A&B or E&F there, but seatguru says the middle seats in the front rows are uncomfortable due to the club europe configuration.

We're not checking in bags so there's an advantage to being at the front (unless it's a back-unloader) at Barcelona. Are seatguru correct in saying the converted middle seats are bad? If so, I'll stay at the back of the plane.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:27 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

BA478 is scheduled to be an A320, so as these aircraft are all converted (or are otherwise ex BMI airframes), there will be no converter seats.

Ignore Seatguru because it's appallingly out of date.

I would not pick a seat on a route like BCN near the front of the ET cabin as the CE curtain is likely to shift back due to upgrades, and you run the risk of ending up in something silly like 18E.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:34 am

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by paul4040
BA478 is scheduled to be an A320, so as these aircraft are all converted (or are otherwise ex BMI airframes), there will be no converter seats.

Ignore Seatguru because it's appallingly out of date.

I would not pick a seat on a route like BCN near the front of the ET cabin as the CE curtain is likely to shift back due to upgrades, and you run the risk of ending up in something silly like 18E.
Thanks. I'll stick to the rear of the plane.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:36 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

I realise I made a linguistic error in my post - for clarity, the A320s at LHR have all been *refurbished* so they no longer contain converter seats, but the new ones instead.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 8:48 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Seat plans for the 171CM configured A320s based at LGW have been added to the opening post. I'd appreciate confirmation on the correct MMB code for this type - i know it is either 10D or 20E.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've just had my first flight on one from NCL-LHR, in row 1 though, and not too bad. Central back cushion seems to stick out a bit.
Did try row 2 whilst people were boarding and legroom fine for me at 5ft7. Didn't look that much different to me but I probably don't fly enough to notice or not being 6ft plus it isn't problematic.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Best seats on an A320?

I don't fly on A320s that often. Would those who do choose an exit row seat (row 11 or 12) or a row 1 seat 1B, C and E available)?
Old Mar 14, 2015, 10:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You want either the last exit row (probably row 12, if you are not out of Gatwick) or row 1. Personally I would go for 1C. Other people have pointed out that your kneecaps may be knocked on boarding, I haven't personally experienced that but I tend to board late. You do get lots of legroom in that seat. I'd probably go for row 12 A, C, D or F over 1B or 1E, unless my stomach girth was to vanish overnight.

Obviously check at T-72 to see if there is an equipment change. I'd stick with row 1, but if in row 12 it may be best to check in, but not App Download, Print, Save, Fax, or Email your boarding pass, if you suspect an equipment change. You can then keep an eye on the situation and change seats if necessary.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 10:16 am

Thanks CWS. It is T-72 so I will switch my row 12 to 1C. I suspected that 1C would be the pick but thought I'd seek the wisdom of those like yourself first.

What I should do, of course, is pay more attention when I do fly then I wouldn't need to ask!!
Old Mar 14, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
I've recently flown both Row 1 & Row 12.

Given the choice again I'd go for 1 as you definitely have the spare seat next to you.

Any of them are much of a much but if you have hand luggage go for C as the safety equipment is stored above D&F and you have to use Row 2 - which is fun.

EDIT - ignore - I thought this was a choice between CE and exit seat.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond + Ambassador, Accor Gold, Avis President's Club, Heathrow Rewards
I prefer 1F, 1A, 1D on a 320. In 1C you invariably get bumped into by everyone who passes the seat, with handbags, backpacks etc flying into you

If flying into LHR, 1F gives great views over central London if you land from the east (which is quite often).
Old Mar 18, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I am in CE to Prague on a 320 code 20A on MMB in CE on Froday.

Is anybody able to say do the tray tables come out of rigid arm rests that don't move up or for seats like 1A or 1F does the traytable come down from the bulkhead ?

Last edited by KeaneJohn; Mar 18, 2015 at 1:55 pm Reason: spelling.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
I am in CE to Prague on a 320 code 20A on MMB in CE on Froday.

Is anybody able to say do the tray tables come out of rigid arm rests that don't move up or for seats like 1A or 1F does the traytable come down from the bulkhead ?
They come out of the armrests.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by BerksFlyer
They come out of the armrests.
Thanks for such a quick response. Does this mean the seats have square arm rests if that makes sense so that you can't lift any of them up or do the A and F seats still have a normal armrests on the window side.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Thanks for such a quick response. Does this mean the seats have square arm rests if that makes sense so that you can't lift any of them up or do the A and F seats still have a normal armrests on the window side.
That I cant help you with, I was in 1C today! It was comfy enough and the legroom in the rows behind isn't great. Having said that I would save my money, travel ET and sit in row 11 or 12.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.