Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF/BA SIN lounge - Things are Changing!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2013, 3:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
When the business and first lounges were co-branded QF and BA, did each airline own an equal stake? The QF lounge is larger than what BA have been left with, so I'm wondering how it was decided which airline got which lounge?
Old Apr 12, 2013, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
Originally Posted by BA-Flyer
When the business and first lounges were co-branded QF and BA, did each airline own an equal stake? The QF lounge is larger than what BA have been left with, so I'm wondering how it was decided which airline got which lounge?
Good question.

Before the EK deal SIN was QF largest foreign port......AFAIK, SIN lounges have always been under the control of QF.

Last edited by amaroo; Apr 12, 2013 at 6:19 am
Old Apr 12, 2013, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by amaroo
Good question.

Before the EK deal SIN was QF largest foreign port......AFAIK, SIN lounges have always been under the controlled of QF.
SIN continues to be its largest foreign port and QF is saying that it is INCREASING its capacity by 20% out of SIN to total 2 million seats available for bum placement!
Old Apr 12, 2013, 4:03 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by Tintin_on_the_road
CX uses shared lounge called SkyView. Personally really dislike it.
I like it.
CX runs it along with dnata.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Poxball
SIN continues to be its largest foreign port and QF is saying that it is INCREASING its capacity by 20% out of SIN to total 2 million seats available for bum placement!
After cutting a couple of A380's & a 747....LHR, FRA via SIN + some PER, ADL - SIN.....seems strange things can happen

I suppose when you count EK flights that have a QF code - pigs can fly!
Old Apr 12, 2013, 5:27 am

After cutting a couple of A380's & a 747....LHR, FRA via SIN + some PER, ADL - SIN.....seems strange things can happen

I suppose when you count EK flights that have a QF code - pigs can fly!
Tsk. A response unbecoming of such an august board. Apparently there is a pig called Simon Hickey spouting such nonsense:

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/prem...affic-20130412

Apology via pm . Thanks
Old Apr 12, 2013, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Poxball
Tsk. A response unbecoming of such an august board. Apparently there is a pig called Simon Hickey spouting such nonsense:

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/prem...affic-20130412

Apology via pm . Thanks
The hedging line sort of gives the game away IMHO. As this is the BAEC forum.....I'll leave it at that.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 6:48 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by BA-Flyer
The LAX "oneworld" lounge is co-branded, yet QF gets to design it...
Old Apr 12, 2013, 6:58 am

The hedging line sort of gives the game away IMHO. As this is the BAEC forum.....I'll leave it at that.
The "hedging" was related to whether SIN would remain the largest foreign port. Indeed it may not but that wasn't the reason for your pigs flying....

Behind the pay wall is the absolute increase in QF seats in SIN. Happy to pay your subscription if I'm wrong
Old Apr 12, 2013, 12:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tintin_on_the_road
CX uses shared lounge called SkyView. Personally really dislike it.
+1. Pretty grim.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 4:31 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
What's happening with this, now? Apparently they've now closed the BA lounge at SIN for the refurb? When is it due to open again?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 5:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
What's happening with this, now? Apparently they've now closed the BA lounge at SIN for the refurb? When is it due to open again?
When did it close? It was open a fortnight ago. Are there alternative arrangements or is it just the other oneworld lounges.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 5:37 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by danger
When did it close? It was open a fortnight ago. Are there alternative arrangements or is it just the other oneworld lounges.
I read somewhere that it was closing in October? Just curious as I'm passing through next month and wondered what lounge I'd be directed towards.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 5:38 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by danger
The Qantas Lounge has been open since April: http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-singa...ity-travellers
Old Oct 14, 2013, 5:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
I heard that they were changing it into a "galleries" themed lounge. Personally if that's the case I would still prefer going to the Qantas lounge anyway.

If it is closed I hope the Qantas lounge has some extended hours because you tend to find they start clearing up before you need to go to the gate for the BA/AY flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.