Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF/BA SIN lounge - Things are Changing!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by badoc
BA have potentially 28 fare paying F customers per day and a whole raft of GCH's who will be pretty miffed if they are expected to slum it in the BA J lounge. I hope something can be injected in the interim as I'm there in 3 weeks
Isn't is potentially 42 given that there are three BA departures per day - 12 and 16 to LHR and the 15 to SYD?

I should be surprised if some kind of long-term provision wasn't made for F passengers and GCHs. After all, I am sure I have read repeatedly on here that SIN is one of BA's higher yielding LH routes.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Sounds like when the new QF International Business lounge opens, that will be the lounge used by BA.

I remain in hope that BA sail to the rescue and squeeze in a Galleries First lounge somewhere, but that would be odd without a Galleries Club lounge.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA silver
The last time I went thro SIN in October, I started a thread about how the lounge standard there had gone down, so I for one am glad of any improvements being made. I am pleased my next trip there is with QF in F, as the EK lounge must be some sort of progress. Anyone know what its like? And Harrys Bar sounds fun, so Im going to look that up too
Old Jan 13, 2013, 8:13 pm

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
Well as QF Platinum who booked BA J I am feeling pretty short changed over the recent changes. Booked BA because I like travelling UD on the 747. Now aircraft SIN-SYD is a 777. Next booked LHR-SIN-SYD for extra status credits but with recent flight changes now have a 4:10 transit in SIN with no F lounge access. May look to rebook elsewhere and have argument with BA over a refund (in reverse order, gain refund agreement first, rebook second).
Old Jan 13, 2013, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by nonce
Well as QF Platinum who booked BA J I am feeling pretty short changed over the recent changes. Booked BA because I like travelling UD on the 747. Now aircraft SIN-SYD is a 777. Next booked LHR-SIN-SYD for extra status credits but with recent flight changes now have a 4:10 transit in SIN with no F lounge access. May look to rebook elsewhere and have argument with BA over a refund (in reverse order, gain refund agreement first, rebook second).
Seriously?

You would ask for a refund just because there is no F lounge?

What about the C lounge? Or is it too low for you to stoop to sharing space with the minions in Club World? Or heavens forbid, mill around the airpor and see nature at the Butterfly Garden at T3 and reflect on the importance of Life!
Old Jan 14, 2013, 5:37 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
We come into Sin on Q from LHR at 1830 (booked BA codeshare to Q) and go out on Q at 2330 (Avios redemption) all J. We have been advised by someone who was in SIN on Monday night and said the BA Lounge was an absolute zoo we should go and use the Cathay lounge, just checking would this advice be good or misleading?

I gather they had lots of Q managers in the lounge who were taking their platinum plus people to the EK lounge but there was no one from BA to be seen, his issue was he was F out to LHR and his colleague was on the later flight J. Both said madness was the only way to describe what was happening
Old Jan 14, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Seriously?

You would ask for a refund just because there is no F lounge?

What about the C lounge? Or is it too low for you to stoop to sharing space with the minions in Club World? Or heavens forbid, mill around the airpor and see nature at the Butterfly Garden at T3 and reflect on the importance of Life!
Diversity has never been a strong point in your thinking huh? :-)
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by nonce
Diversity has never been a strong point in your thinking huh? :-)
I don't think. Have a headache now. Ohhhhh !
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:09 pm
Suspended

The SIN F lounge has always been the weak link in the chain for me when travelling on this route from London to Sydney.

OW has an opportunity to differentiate its most premium product on a fiercely competitive route - as QF has learnt to its cost.

Now that SIN flights are moving over to LHR T5 that means the CCR at one end and the even more excellent QF F lounge at the other. It's just the bit in between which is poor.

If BA had any sense it would pool resources with CX and MH to build a new joint lounge in SIN, not dissimilar to the one which already exists as a JV in LAX TBIT (though, I'd hope, better).
Old Jan 15, 2013, 2:19 pm

Programs: ABBA
Travelling in QF-J as a GCH last week, I asked the lounge guide for a suggestion. I was sent to what I believe was originally (about 12-18 months ago) the F lounge.

My last trip through SIN a few months ago, after the F lounge went into the original J lounge, was met with an overcrowded lounge, slow wifi, and hidden champagne.

The current GCH lounge has
* Plenty of seats
* Wifi
* Self serve Champagne
* A waiter that offered to top my glass up!

Food is available, but a bit limited, and I decided to eat on board. I'm not sure what more there is to a lounge.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Originally Posted by paulwuk
Travelling in QF-J as a GCH last week, I asked the lounge guide for a suggestion. I was sent to what I believe was originally (about 12-18 months ago) the F lounge.

My last trip through SIN a few months ago, after the F lounge went into the original J lounge, was met with an overcrowded lounge, slow wifi, and hidden champagne.

* Plenty of seats
* Wifi
* Self serve Champagne

Food is available, but a bit limited, and I decided to eat on board. I'm not sure what more there is to a lounge.
That is a very useful report, thank you. Were you there during the peak evening time?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 3:39 pm

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
That is a very useful report, thank you. Were you there during the peak evening time?
Not sure when I arrived, but I was on the 2359 to London, so probably got there about 2230.

It was on a Tuesday
Old Jan 15, 2013, 3:50 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by paulwuk

* Plenty of seats
* Wifi
* Self serve Champagne

Thanks for the report. SIN F lounge always had a somewhat limited range of food (and very limited compared to the QF F SYD/MEL or LHR T5 GF) so it probably hasn't changed much in terms of food then, and possibly an overall improvement as the old F lounge had a tendency to run a bit tight on seats.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 5:43 am
uk1
Suspended

I must admit I'm totally confused

I'm in what was and still is the same old cr&p SIN BA F lounge. Is it the other lounge that has closed and they are now in with us?

Same old everything with simply more pax. Even the reception sign says F.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
The former First lounge is now the temporary Business lounge whilst the former Business lounge is refurbished and expanded.

The current First lounge is the Emirates lounge for QF pax (not BA, I think).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.