Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF/BA SIN lounge - Things are Changing!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2013, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404

Thanks to eae for the TR praise!
Excellent well written TR. AY price works but product does not.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 7:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Poxball
Excellent well written TR. AY price works but product does not.
Almost a year later and I think I may have forgotten many of the horrors. I reckon if I were presented with the same flight options again for the £1600 price tag, I'd take it.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Almost a year later and I think I may have forgotten many of the horrors. I reckon if I were presented with the same flight options again for the £1600 price tag, I'd take it.
It's the 340 slopey seats that does it for me. I understand the new seats are fully flat with good separation. I have paid 1,000 GBP more on occasion to take others with better seats (so hard product does influence revenue/profitability@:-))
Old Dec 17, 2013, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Even before you get into personal preferences for one over the other, there are at least two potential reasons. One is that the QF lounge may close at an inconvenient time. The other is that there is no BA flight information in the QF lounge.
Globaliser. Have confirmed the lounge consciously stays open until 11pm to "serve oneworld (read BA) customers". So if you are the kind who needs flight info on a screen in your lounge, this isn't for you but it is open late enough to service the BA flights.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 8:46 am

Programs: ABBA
I was very impressed with the QF lounge. I was less impressed by the family in the lounge that let their c. 10yo randomly yell "yes!! take that!!! blah blah blahh" every 5 seconds at their ipad game.

And since when has it been polite public behaviour to watch a film on a personal device without headphones?
Old Dec 17, 2013, 8:55 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by paulwuk
I was very impressed with the QF lounge. I was less impressed by the family in the lounge that let their c. 10yo randomly yell "yes!! take that!!! blah blah blahh" every 5 seconds at their ipad game.
That is where I would be getting up and saying "Excuse me, this lounge is for people to relax, would you mind controlling your son/daughter?" (I have done this, and it generally works).

If that doesn't work, the next point of call is the lounge staff, and that generally works a treat. (I am good at ignoring looks that contain daggers)

Dave
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
According to BA the Singapore lounge is closed at the moment. I have an F return at the end of February, does anyone know if the BA lounge will have reopened or is the Qantas lounge my best bet?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 8:08 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by ANAmateur
According to BA the Singapore lounge is closed at the moment. I have an F return at the end of February, does anyone know if the BA lounge will have reopened or is the Qantas lounge my best bet?
The QF lounge is better in my opinion. They are next to each other anyway so easy to change between the two assuming both are open.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 11:55 am

Do you need status to use the qantas F lounge or is a BA F ticket enough
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by edinburghgirl
Neither the BA nor the QF lounges at SIN are F lounges now. They're both single lounges serving both F and J passengers etc.

AIUI, under oneworld rules a BA F ticket should be enough to get access to the QF lounge.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by edinburghgirl
There is no Qantas F lounge in SIN.

The Qantas Singapore Lounge is a joint F/J lounge, as is the British Airways Lounge.

Any oneworld F/J passenger can use any oneworld F/J lounge in the same terminal.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:18 pm

Thanks
Old Jan 20, 2014, 6:27 pm

Programs: ABBA
Can Qantas F passengers still use the EK F lounge?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:36 pm

Programs: Qantas Gold, BA Blue, Thai Silver
Originally Posted by nux
The QF lounge is better in my opinion. They are next to each other anyway so easy to change between the two assuming both are open.
Flying from Singapore to Sydney on about 7th Jan, both lounges were open. The Qantas one looks much more stylish, has massively better food, but worse wine and the whole place was busy and noisy. After eating a delicious curry there, I went to the BA lounge next door which was lovely and peaceful with great drinks.

The food selection was a bit of a joke really, but the staff were bringing round plates of freshly prepared hot nibbles.

My suggestion is therefore to mix and match.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 2:05 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by paulwuk
Can Qantas F passengers still use the EK F lounge?
Yes I believe so:
For First and Business customers, this includes access to Emirates' First Class and Business Class Lounges in Dubai Terminal 3 including new lounges in Concourse A as well as Qantas and Emirates Lounges in Australia, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...cess/global/en

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.