QF/BA SIN lounge - Things are Changing!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2013, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Poxball
Please see the attached for operating hours:
http://www.changiairport.com/in-transit/airline-lounges
Or http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access?
The same website or indeed the excellent changi airport app will give you the boarding info.
So do the screens in the QF lounge give you BA flight information or not?
Old Nov 27, 2013, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Or http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access?So do the screens in the QF lounge give you BA flight information or not?
I don't know as I use the app.

Are you seriously suggesting that someone walks into the QF lounge for the night flights back to LHR, sees and gets a wow factor from the sit up wine bar, the sit up main bar, the teppanyaki like dining counter, the chefs walking around with tasty nibbles, chargers at every seat , lots of free space etc and says to themselves "oh look BA flights are not on the monitor, can't stay here"?

From this sample of 1, this is not the case.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know as I use the app.
I'm disappointed. I'd been hoping that you could help with the question of whether the QF lounge screens show BA flights, in the light of your previous post:-
I always use the QF lounge, have a look at the screens and if there is a problem toddle over to the BA lounge and if no problem go to gate.
Your experience of looking at the screens in the QF lounge to get BA flight information would have helped passengers who need to know when their BA flight is boarding but who have no app.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
I'm disappointed. I'd been hoping that you could help with the question of whether the QF lounge screens show BA flights, in the light of your previous post:-Your experience of looking at the screens in the QF lounge to get BA flight information would have helped passengers who need to know when their BA flight is boarding but who have no app.
Let me help you with your disappointment. The last QF is about 1030pm. The BAs go a little before and after 11. As the QF begins to close you should really be heading off for your BA flight anyway. That said a quick pike at the screens if they show it or the app will tell you if there is a BA problem. Typically there isn't especially on the BA 12 that has been in the heat for 8 hours but even the 16 has a good ground time coming in from SYD.

But here's the thing. If there is a problem, about 18 meters from the QF lounge swing a 90 degree left and within the length of a cricket pitch hey presto you are in the cosy confines of the (now) second rate BA lounge.

Your point was that people would not go into the QF lounge as there was no information. My point is that I don't think you are correct.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The BAs go a little before and after 11. As the QF begins to close you should really be heading off for your BA flight anyway. That said a quick pike at the screens if they show it or the app will tell you if there is a BA problem.
BA15 goes a long time before 11 pm. If you're in the QF lounge and you need to know what time it's actually boarding, you won't get that from the QF lounge screens.

If BA15 is on time, you might decide to rely on guesswork.

Some people might not like that idea. Or BA15 may have been late in, with the ground staff trying to turn it in the minimum possible time but unable to prediction boarding time accurately as you disembark the inbound sector. The QF lounge screens are no help because they do not show any BA flight information. Neither are the QF lounge agents.

That is why I said that the fact that there is no BA flight information in the QF lounge is one reason why some might use the BA lounge instead of the QF lounge.

And I wonder whether that's what you meant by this:-
But here's the thing. If there is a problem, about 18 meters from the QF lounge swing a 90 degree left and within the length of a cricket pitch hey presto you are in the cosy confines of the (now) second rate BA lounge.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 8:30 am

OMG. Over and out.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 10:08 am
CTV

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL
I was in the QF lounge on Saturday evening before catching the BA12 and they did not show the BA flights on the screens.
The lounge was fairly quiet and after the last QF flight was called (can't remember if it was the SYD or MEL one) it emptied out pretty much totally except I presume for a few BA 12 and 16 pax.
I left around 10.20pm for a stroll down to the gate and they were in the process of clearing up to close.
I preferred the QF lounge and the food was good. As well as the buffet, they had these excellent streamed chinese pork belly buns which were tasty and freshly made as far as I could make out and to top it off, they had a good dessert selection including lamingtons which always go down well with me!
As for checking the flight status, I just used my BA app to make sure nothing had changed but of course there is always the possibility that this wasn't updated but I was happy to take that risk.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 2:43 am

Programs: QFF
The hours are the same so that's no issue.

I always use the QF lounge, have a look at the screens and if there is a problem toddle over to the BA lounge and if no problem go to gate. The food, drink, seating, ambience etc are far superior since QF did the renovation. I even use QF when flying CX which is at the other end of T1.
I used both twice during the last 10 days.
I left the QF lounge because of the food. I found the food in the BA lounge to be better. The QF lounge was also much busier then the BA lounge.
I found the ratio of unpowered seats to powered seats to be better in the BA lounge then in the QF lounge.

QF lounge 1430-2300
BA lounge 1500-2359
Old Nov 28, 2013, 3:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Himeno
I left the QF lounge because of the food. I found the food in the BA lounge to be better.
Please explain in more detail?? HOW????
Old Nov 28, 2013, 4:13 am

Programs: AA Plat, QF Silver
I left the QF lounge because of the food. I found the food in the BA lounge to be better. The QF lounge was also much busier then the BA lounge.
I found the ratio of unpowered seats to powered seats to be better in the BA lounge then in the QF lounge.

QF lounge 1430-2300
BA lounge 1500-2359
Sorry but is this a joke post? The QF lounge has power at almost every seat (let's say 100+ seats) where as there are only a handful (10) in the whole of the BA lounge that have power.

As for QF being more crowded, perhaps but given it has 10 times the space and tables, if would have to have at least 10 times the customers to be as hard to find a space as it is in the BA lounge...

As for the food? That has to be a joke comment. QF offers freshly cooked items served to you at a table, a full salad, dessert bar etc whereas the BA lounge only has 1-2 hot items, which are VERY poor quality (Luke warm past sauce with cold pasta anyone)....

Perhaps we went to two totally different lounges
Old Nov 28, 2013, 4:18 am

Programs: BA gold
I left the QF lounge because of the food. I found the food in the BA lounge to be better.
I'm not a fussy eater, and (shock horror) will happily eat a MacDonalds. However, I'm at a loss as to how the BA lounge food offerings is better than the QF lounge in any way whatsoever.

I also found the BA lounge to be rather crowded at times, to the point where the only seat I could find is at the computer desk.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 4:39 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by Stez
I also found the BA lounge to be rather crowded at times, to the point where the only seat I could find is at the computer desk.
I got the same seat both times I was in there. Also happens to be the same seat I got when I used it when it was the BA/QF F lounge a year ago. Down the back near the rear drinks bar.
Both stops this year were prior to JL36 and QF52.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 5:43 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by savitar
As for the food? That has to be a joke comment. QF offers freshly cooked items served to you at a table, a full salad, dessert bar etc whereas the BA lounge only has 1-2 hot items, which are VERY poor quality (Luke warm past sauce with cold pasta anyone)....

Perhaps we went to two totally different lounges
I don't think it's necessary to be rude to other posters when they simply report when they report a different experience. That's the idea of FT.

I was also surpised at the enthusiasm for the QF Sin lounge re food as on my two visits over the last few months - late night for the last BA LHR flight - the lounge was fairly empty and so was the food. Perhaps it's just a time thing which would be perfectly understandable if BA punters on the late flights go to a lounge when the main party is over. The buffet was simply what looked like a party several hours after everone else had left.

The BA lounge has been a disaster now for years. It seems to me that the QF lounge offers better beer and more space, but when it's late the food is about the same as the BA lounge. They should make the BA lounge like the QF SYD lounge then we'd all be happy.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 6:23 am

Programs: AA Plat, QF Silver
Originally Posted by uk1
I don't think it's necessary to be rude to other posters when they simply report when they report a different experience. That's the idea of FT.
Not trying to be rude, I genuinely thought it was a joke/tounge in cheek. I could understand how you could argue that there was not much left at the QF lounge but as the fresh cooked area is open till close, you can always get a fresh hot cooked meal.

Given what I saw and tasted from the BA to the QF lounges it's like saying the food is better at McDonalds than it is at a fine dining restaurant. That is my view anyway...
Old Nov 28, 2013, 6:32 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by savitar
Not trying to be rude, I genuinely thought it was a joke/tounge in cheek. I could understand how you could argue that there was not much left at the QF lounge but as the fresh cooked area is open till close, you can always get a fresh hot cooked meal.

Given what I saw and tasted from the BA to the QF lounges it's like saying the food is better at McDonalds than it is at a fine dining restaurant. That is my view anyway...

But surely you know that the lounges can change through the day and there's room for people visiting the same lounge at different times and seeing something completely different from others?

The BA SIN lounge has gone through different purposes and performances over the last few years. It's been an F lounge, a mixed lounge, a temporary lounge a permanent lounge and it's been closed when it was supposed to be open and open when they said it was closed. The one consistant thing is that it has been a dissapointing experience for F customers with reasonable expectations. Twice we haven't even been able to sit down and have had to go elsewhere. It is a dissapointment.

Re the QF SIN lounge, I don't think they offer the "cook to order food" for the full opening hours. On my last two visits over the last few months, basically there was no food on the buffet and no food cooked to order but there were seats, quiet and beer. So it was better than the BA lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.