Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF/BA SIN lounge - Things are Changing!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2013, 5:50 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by nux
The Qantas Lounge has been open since April: http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-singa...ity-travellers
So that's the lounge of choice for OWEs at the moment?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Common thread here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...singapore.html
Old Oct 14, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: JMB Diamond,NH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, IHG Royal Ambassador Spire,
BA lounge was still very open on Saturday 12th and no indication that a closure was imminent.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:39 am

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
So that's the lounge of choice for OWEs at the moment?
It's a QF business lounge, so OWSs can come in. But it is a big (and busy) lounge, and the best place to go is to the bar and order a good meal there.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:50 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Stez
It's a QF business lounge, so OWSs can come in. But it is a big (and busy) lounge, and the best place to go is to the bar and order a good meal there.
Will do. Much appreciated.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Any other reports regarding the BA lounge closure?

My visit is fast approaching, so am interested. Thank you.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 5:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
I must confess that SIN is once airport where I am not interested in the lounge.

The hawker food stalls at Terminal 1 is great - I am happy to pay for great local food which I love.

With time to spare, I really enjoy paying to use the rooftop pool and jacuzzi at Terminal 1 evening in the evenings. Just soaking and watching planes fly overhead is a wonderful experience. Its cheaper than any pay lounge in SIN. Just remember to pack something to go swimming in. There are also shower facilities there.

Both are experiences you cannot replicate at any other airport in the world.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 5:42 pm
uk1
Suspended

Totally agree. And in a few years we will have the new "Gardens At The Airport" and new waterfall l .......
Old Nov 22, 2013, 4:51 am

Programs: QFF
I was in the BA SIN lounge last Saturday before JL36 and for a while tonight before QF52. Each time I moved over from the QF lounge (almost) next door because the BA lounge has a better choice of food.

It is still open and, other then the signage at the front, nothing has noticeably changed from the old QF/BA F lounge.

I just asked the lounge staff if/when it was getting a make over. They have no idea, though were happy when I told them I was there because they had better food then QF. (only reason I moved back to the QF lounge now instead of staying in the BA lounge or moving down to the EK lounge is because QF52 got delayed and they don't announce boarding QF flights at BA or EK.)
Old Nov 26, 2013, 6:48 am

Programs: AA Plat, QF Silver
Having just gone to the BA Lounge in SIN and then the QF lounge, I wonder why ANYONE would go to the BA business lounge. The QF lounge is 10 times the size, has fresh cooked food, power at almost every seat and is such a nicer place to be...

However the BA lounge is full and the QF is almost empty, I don't get it???????
Old Nov 26, 2013, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by savitar
Having just gone to the BA Lounge in SIN and then the QF lounge, I wonder why ANYONE would go to the BA business lounge.
Even before you get into personal preferences for one over the other, there are at least two potential reasons. One is that the QF lounge may close at an inconvenient time. The other is that there is no BA flight information in the QF lounge.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Even before you get into personal preferences for one over the other, there are at least two potential reasons. One is that the QF lounge may close at an inconvenient time. The other is that there is no BA flight information in the QF lounge.
The hours are the same so that's no issue.

I always use the QF lounge, have a look at the screens and if there is a problem toddle over to the BA lounge and if no problem go to gate. The food, drink, seating, ambience etc are far superior since QF did the renovation. I even use QF when flying CX which is at the other end of T1.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 7:35 am

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by savitar
However the BA lounge is full and the QF is almost empty, I don't get it???????
Ssssshhh! Don't let out the secret.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Poxball
The hours are the same so that's no issue.

I always use the QF lounge, have a look at the screens and if there is a problem toddle over to the BA lounge and if no problem go to gate.
The hours are not the same: the BA lounge is open later than the QF lounge.

The screens in the QF lounge don't show BA flights, so you can't tell whether or not there is a problem.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
The hours are not the same: the BA lounge is open later than the QF lounge.

The screens in the QF lounge don't show BA flights, so you can't tell whether or not there is a problem.
Such latent hostility

Please see the attached for operating hours:
http://www.changiairport.com/in-transit/airline-lounges

The same website or indeed the excellent changi airport app will give you the boarding info. Indeed even if sitting in the BA lounge and I am in the wrong seat I will use the app in preference to getting up to check screens

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.