Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF/BA SIN lounge - Things are Changing!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:05 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
On flight from LHR SYD we thought we would check out both lounges. QF Lounge was reasonably quiet and the food both pre-prepared and cooked to order was excellent. Another benefit was the cocktail bar

Also the staff at the QF Lounge were very friendly and helpful which was very different to the staff in the packed BA Lounge which had a very poor selection of food. I would also disagree that the wine selection in the QF was inferior.

On the return trip we went back into the QF Lounge and were welcomed back by one of the ladies on the desk!

Much more room in the QF Lounge and the canteen like area works really well.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 2:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
BA Singapore lounge is currently closed for refurbishment: http://www.ausbt.com.au/ba-to-open-n...business-class

Not before time...
Old Apr 29, 2015, 3:05 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by JP1981
BA Singapore lounge is currently closed for refurbishment: http://www.ausbt.com.au/ba-to-open-n...business-class

Not before time...
And the QF lounge was ridiculously busy at the weekend when I was in there as a result.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 3:24 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
And the QF lounge was ridiculously busy at the weekend when I was in there as a result.
QF lounge staff tell me that BA reckon the refurbishment will be finished within a 4 month period, so if they work hard, should be up and running by September, so that will thank goodness make the QF lounge much quieter which we prefer and will be passing through beginning of October.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 4:53 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by BA5E
QF lounge staff tell me that BA reckon the refurbishment will be finished within a 4 month period, so if they work hard, should be up and running by September, so that will thank goodness make the QF lounge much quieter which we prefer and will be passing through beginning of October.
I'm afraid when I was talking to the duty manager last weekend he said he was preparing his schedule for the extra capacity right up until the end of October.

Time will tell.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 4:06 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I'm afraid when I was talking to the duty manager last weekend he said he was preparing his schedule for the extra capacity right up until the end of October.

Time will tell.
Oh well not to worry, QF lounge on 2nd Oct and on the return 26th Oct. Much anyway prefer the QF lounge, but it will be interesting to take a peak at new BA lounge in Feb.^ We find the showers, staff, food offerings and bar staff so enthusiastic and go out of their way to help.^
Old May 5, 2015, 8:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Always preferred the QF lounge, it's just a little difficult if you aren't flying QF for flight updates (so tend to use the Changi app for that).

Even with the refurbishment of the BA lounge I doubt it'll be up to the QF standard which is excellent in my opinion.
Old May 5, 2015, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AddictedTraveller
it's just a little difficult [...] for flight updates (so tend to use the Changi app for that).
Ah, the irony that you can't get them from BA itself (app or webapp)!

But yes, the Changi app (as well as the LHR one) does tend to fill in nicely where BA fails. ^
Old May 6, 2015, 12:14 am

The extent of the work done so far looks to be a step ladder placed next to the reception desk. I'm surprised they haven't covered up the branding to be honest as it looks a mess right now but still prominently a BA mess.
Old May 6, 2015, 12:42 am

Programs: BAEC
Always preferred the QF lounge, it's just a little difficult if you aren't flying QF for flight updates (so tend to use the Changi app for that).

Even with the refurbishment of the BA lounge I doubt it'll be up to the QF standard which is excellent in my opinion.
I'm very confused as to why you rate the QF lounge so highly. Yes, it is better than BA's old lounge. But the space is very cold and impersonal, the drink selection is merely 'OK' (realistically 'poor' if you're expecting F standards - 'champagne' was £15 a bottle Aussie fizz during my last visit) and it is either packed out or feels a bit morgue like. Whilst the food is pretty good, I felt like I was in a school canteen in that part of the lounge.

Best OW in Changi? Probably. Good lounge? Meh.
Old May 6, 2015, 2:50 am

I definitely agree with the 2nd paragraph
Old May 6, 2015, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by hillrider
Ah, the irony that you can't get them from BA itself (app or webapp)!

But yes, the Changi app (as well as the LHR one) does tend to fill in nicely where BA fails. ^
silly question, how do I get the change app, can I download it onto my Samsung tablet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.