Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF/BA SIN lounge - Things are Changing!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2013, 3:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
I assume that the refurbed lounge will have the same entry rules as the current one though? So its just a temporary thing...

I'm flying through SIN to/from SYD in April so it should be open just in time to try it out. Can take some pics and stick them here if anyone is interested.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 1:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold HH Diamond
I recall last year walking past a JAL lounge not far from the entrance to the much castigated and now unavailable QF/BA lounge. On the basis of being One World and now BA's partner I would have thought JAL would be an obvious alternative?

Or was my recollection inaccurate....
Old Jan 8, 2013, 2:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Malaysian lounges maybe an option too, can't remember which terminals though...
Old Jan 8, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
QF/BA SIN lounge - Things are Changing!

The Qantas Singapore lounge will clearly be a business lounge as F is soon to be dropped from SYD.

BA have potentially 28 fare paying F customers per day and a whole raft of GCH's who will be pretty miffed if they are expected to slum it in the BA J lounge. I hope something can be injected in the interim as I'm there in 3 weeks
Old Jan 8, 2013, 2:52 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by AddictedTraveller
Malaysian lounges maybe an option too, can't remember which terminals though...
Malaysia Airlines' Golden Lounge is in T2, alongside SQ regional departures, BA is in T1. MH and SQ still codeshare on the KUL-SIN route. It's across from the T2 SATS lounge. It's not bad but don't recall that it has showers, which is quite important for a long haul transit.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Dan72
Malaysia Airlines' Golden Lounge is in T2, alongside SQ regional departures, BA is in T1. MH and SQ still codeshare on the KUL-SIN route. It's across from the T2 SATS lounge. It's not bad but don't recall that it has showers, which is quite important for a long haul transit.
Even if they do I'd probably stay away from the showers in the golden lounge
Old Jan 8, 2013, 3:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze (and dropping what happened to those days when I was back and forth to Aus/NZ?)
Smile

Originally Posted by amaroo
Interesting update http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...sure/global/en

We're excited to let you know about the new Qantas Singapore Lounge we're developing, due to open 31 March 2013. The Qantas Singapore Lounge will feature a new standard of luxury for you to enjoy, and will replace the current Qantas and British Airways First Lounge.
A three-month construction period began on 7 January 2013 and requires closure of the current First lounge. During this time, you'll be able to use the following lounges in Singapore:
They are all C**p compared to Harry's bar on the roof. With the exception of some tesco standard dim sum and a shower, why would anyone stay indoors when there is a rooftop bar that serves boss slings and mojitos!
P.S. not very PC, but you can also smoke in HB in T2!!!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 3:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze (and dropping what happened to those days when I was back and forth to Aus/NZ?)
Originally Posted by JerseyJ
They are all C**p compared to Harry's bar on the roof. With the exception of some tesco standard dim sum and a shower, why would anyone stay indoors when there is a rooftop bar that serves boss slings and mojitos!
Sorry the last post makes Tesco nibbles and so on a good option they are not.
When transiting SIN, have a shower by al means wherever (or use the pool) , but don't miss Harry's.
If there is one airport on the planet that makes lounges an irrelevance it is SIN.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
Originally Posted by layz
Even if they do I'd probably stay away from the showers in the golden lounge
Made me laugh^
Old Jan 8, 2013, 7:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by JerseyJ
And not forgetting how easy it is to get from the existing lounges in T1 to the smoking area!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 7:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by amaroo
When they announced the new Flounge, EK wasn't on the radar. Things changed.....they then had to wait for the draft determination from the ACCC (Australian Competition & Consumer Commission) before proceeding with firm plans. The determination was granted on the 20th Dec.
The first and business lounges switched around towards the end of May. The EK announcement was made in early September. Obviously the talks began before the announcement, but probably not as far back as May. (And if they did, why announce the plans for a new lounge if they were already discussing a switch to Dubai)?
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:23 pm
Suspended

I am trying to think which BA outstation have a dedicated F Class area:
LAX/JFK/BOS/SFO/BKK/HKG/

Any others?
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by uk1
I thought the old lounge was sub-F standard, but presumably BA know this lounge changer - but on my MMB info it still has the old info

I wonder when they'll update the website and whether there are any better options at SIN ie OW Saphire / PP or other?
IIRC both SATS and Rainforest are contract lounges in PP. So is SkyView in T1, which seems to be better than either of these. There's a nice-looking lounge for certain (Singapore-based?) credit card holders across from the SQ lounges in T3.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:23 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by G-ARVE
I recall last year walking past a JAL lounge not far from the entrance to the much castigated and now unavailable QF/BA lounge. On the basis of being One World and now BA's partner I would have thought JAL would be an obvious alternative?

Or was my recollection inaccurate....
JL uses the SATS lounge. The same one this temporary QF set up gives Qantas Business customers and Qantas Gold Frequent Flyers access to. It is between the existing BA/QF lounges.

There were rumors that BA would open an F lounge in SIN after the JSA ended in April.

Other then the QF lounge, the only oneworld lounge available at SIN is the Skyview lounge. Other oneworld carriers at SIN use contract lounges.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by correctioncx
I am trying to think which BA outstation have a dedicated F Class area:
LAX/JFK/BOS/SFO/BKK/HKG/

Any others?
ORD/SEA/PHX/IAH/ATL/IAD/YVR/YYZ/JNB all have BA branded lounges with a separate first lounge or area. I think PHL has one too. EWR only has a separate dining area for F passengers.

Obviously there are other locations in which BA passengers have access to an F lounge even if not run by BA - SYD, NRT are two that spring to mind.

Take a look at the Lounge database for a full run down

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.