Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2013, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LDNConsultant
This is a community-maintained wiki post. Please add important information to it or correct outdated information by clicking the "Edit" button below!

Lucrative runs that have been reported under £3/TP - current availability not guaranteed
Route | Booking class | Fare | Booking channel | TPs | £/TP | credit

American Airlines

SFO-LAX-MIA-CUN | A/A/I | £498 return | aa.com | 620 TPs | £0.80/TP | chris1979
ORD-STL-DFW-SJU | A/A/I | £458 return | aa.com | 520 TPs | £0.88/TP | timezonehopper
SFO-LAX-MIA-CUN-MIA-LAX-LAS | A/A/I/I/A/A | £581 round trip | aa.com | 620 TPs | £0.94/TP | courtster
AMS-LHR-LAX-SFO-JFK-LHR-AMS | I/I/A/A/I/I | £1641 round trip | aa.com | 630 TPs | £2.60/TP | mccorry
IST-LHR/LCY-JFK-EZE-MIA-LHR-IST | I/I/I/I/I/I | £2106 round trip | aa.com | 790TPs | £2.61/TP | nth_utsera_sth_utsera
45 day advance purchase required, minimum stay 7 days.

British Airways
LGW-MLA | R | £248 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.55/TP | LDNConsultant
LGW-RAK | R | £280 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.75/TP | mfgr
Book by 31/12/13 for this price.
JER-LGW-AMS | J/R | £259 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.62/TP | joejet
LGW-JER | R | £181 return | ba.com | 80 TPs | £2.26/TP
LGW-AMS | R | £199 return | ba.com | 80 TPs | £2.49/TP
BRU-LHR//LCY-JFK-SEA (last bit on AA) and back | I/I/A | £1,529 return | probably have to phone up | 920 TPs | £1.66/TP | stifle
Outbound 12/4-27/4 or 25/6-24/8, min stay Sat night, ticket by 2/1/14

Royal Jordanian
BEY-AMM-AQJ | D | £255 return | rj.com | 160 TPs | £1.59/TP | DeanB

Malaysia Airlines
SIN-KUL-KCH | D | S$660 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 160 TPs | £2.12/TP |HPN-HRL
DEL-KUL-BKK | Z | INR41,666 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 360TPs| £1.15/TP| Seshy
DEL-KUL-NRT | Z | INR92,395 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 560TPs| £1.64/TP| Seshy
ICN-KUL-SYD/MEL | Z | KRW1,582,600 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 560TPs| £1.65/TP| armagebedar
SIN-KUL-DXB | Z | S$1084 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.50/TP | qasr (+long haul equipment on KUL-DXB)
SIN-KUL-TPE | Z | S$1078 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.49/TP | qasr
SIN-KUL-DEL | Z | S$1018 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.41/TP | qasr
SIN-KUL-KTM | Z | S$1006 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.39/TP | qasr

Qatar Airways
CAI-DOH-BKK | £759 return | D/D/D/A | 360 TPs | £2.10/TP ExpatSomchai
DME-DOH-SGN | I | £1255 return | qatarairways.com | 560 TPs | £2.25/TP |continentalclub
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point runs | 2013 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2013, 3:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Diamond Gold, Royal Orchid Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles Gold
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Can get a F return from JFK-SEA on AA for £700, giving me 420TP - but can anyone suggest a cheaper routing that would get me the requisite number of points? I have to be back in NY on Sunday 7th in order to get to Stamford for that evening
As now I've seemed to have memorised times and flights in April for my own run, yes JFK-SEA is your best bet for GBP699. There is one that is GBP20 cheaper if you do JFK-SEA-ORD-JFK - but I don't think it's worth the GBP20 saving for one extra connection, 737s and less TP (210+60+60)=330.

Go direct. What I have learnt though, is to watch the JFK-LAS flights. The price does fluctuate a significantly day by day, not sure why. Sometimes it hits GBP900 and others its GBP630 (lowest I've seen).
Old Mar 15, 2013, 3:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Diamond Gold, Royal Orchid Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles Gold
Originally Posted by Cintapants
As now I've seemed to have memorised times and flights in April for my own run, yes JFK-SEA is your best bet for GBP699. There is one that is GBP20 cheaper if you do JFK-SEA-ORD-JFK - but I don't think it's worth the GBP20 saving for one extra connection, 737s and less TP (210+60+60)=330.

Go direct. What I have learnt though, is to watch the JFK-LAS flights. The price does fluctuate a significantly day by day, not sure why. Sometimes it hits GBP900 and others its GBP630 (lowest I've seen).
And try the MULTI-CITY tool and forcing the direct routes by setting the no. of stops to NONE, I found a MIA-LAS-MIA by doing it on Multi-City for GBP600 but the cheapest that showed up in the main RETURN search was over double that - esp if you're doing a quick turnaround and return. I think the main search has to allow for a significant turnaround time of a good few hours, whereas the multi-city will let you turn around under 2 hours.

I noted a good way to look at a timetable of flights for multi-city is to have 2 browsers open - one on the aa.com site and the other on the ba.com site. Run your search and use the aa.com site to purchase and look at options...

Run your search on the ba.com site to look at the full timetable of flights, because BA will list every flight departing that day, regardless of what time you get in, which gives you a good overview of the timetable, without having to decode AA's timetable pdf.

ba.com will not let you book through, struggles to price it up and insists on a minimum 2 hour turnaround. If you're flying with hand-luggage only (the way forward (drop your bags in left luggage if you're returning to the same airport) you can manage a very short turnaround.

Just things I've learnt along the way. Now I better put a block on aa.com so I can actually do some work!
Old Mar 15, 2013, 5:04 am

JER - LGW - LHR - AGA - LHR - LGW - JER = £400

Does this give 240 TP?

If it does then it is £1.67 per TP + way to get from LGW to LHR.

With 22+ Hr Stopover between LGW and LHR on both legs you can just go home for the night

Is a 55 minute connection time possible at AGA?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 5:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Cintapants
And try the MULTI-CITY tool and forcing the direct routes by setting the no. of stops to NONE, I found a MIA-LAS-MIA by doing it on Multi-City for GBP600 but the cheapest that showed up in the main RETURN search was over double that - esp if you're doing a quick turnaround and return. I think the main search has to allow for a significant turnaround time of a good few hours, whereas the multi-city will let you turn around under 2 hours.

I noted a good way to look at a timetable of flights for multi-city is to have 2 browsers open - one on the aa.com site and the other on the ba.com site. Run your search and use the aa.com site to purchase and look at options...

Run your search on the ba.com site to look at the full timetable of flights, because BA will list every flight departing that day, regardless of what time you get in, which gives you a good overview of the timetable, without having to decode AA's timetable pdf.

ba.com will not let you book through, struggles to price it up and insists on a minimum 2 hour turnaround. If you're flying with hand-luggage only (the way forward (drop your bags in left luggage if you're returning to the same airport) you can manage a very short turnaround.

Just things I've learnt along the way. Now I better put a block on aa.com so I can actually do some work!
THANK YOU! I'd forgotten about left luggage and was thinking I didn't really want to lug my main suitcase to Seattle and back just for one night
Old Mar 15, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by csuxv
JER - LGW - LHR - AGA - LHR - LGW - JER = £400

Does this give 240 TP?

If it does then it is £1.67 per TP + way to get from LGW to LHR.

With 22+ Hr Stopover between LGW and LHR on both legs you can just go home for the night

Is a 55 minute connection time possible at AGA?
JER-LGW//LHR-AGA and return is 60TPs in ET or 240 in CE.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: BA
Tier points run with AA

Has anyone had recent experience of AA TP runs and the time it takes for the points to post in BAEC account. My previous TP run with them posted in 2-3 days but last weekend's sectors not yet posted. Am I being too impatient ??

Dave
Old Mar 16, 2013, 9:02 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
I know a friend had some AA flights recently that still hasn't posted after a few days. He ended up submitting retroclaims and they all appeared a few days later - perhaps they would have anyway without the retroclaiming, but it certainly took longer than it used to.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver
Same here. I did a lot of flying on AA a week ago and still waiting for the miles to post. When I flew AA last year, the miles posted within a couple of days.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, AMEX BA PP, AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by Farringdon
Same here. I did a lot of flying on AA a week ago and still waiting for the miles to post. When I flew AA last year, the miles posted within a couple of days.
Me too, Monday night (early hours of Tuesday morning, UK time). All the BPs have the BA number on them so assume there's some general delay and they'll arrive soon enough.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 1:32 am

BA Tier Point runs | 2013 master thread

Dear all,
Does anyone know if I m taking HKG-JFK by CX888 (i.e. containing a stop in YVR) in J, is there any way I could get (160+140)TP=300TP rather than 160TP for o/w journey?
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:53 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kenkido
Dear all,
Does anyone know if I m taking HKG-JFK by CX888 (i.e. containing a stop in YVR) in J, is there any way I could get (160+140)TP=300TP rather than 160TP for o/w journey?
I suspect the only way would be to break the journey in YVR if the fare rules allow and fly on to HKG the next day ie enjoy 24 hours in YVR
Old Mar 18, 2013, 3:36 am

Programs: LH HON->SEN, BA GGL+CCR->Gold, HH D, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kenkido
Dear all,
Originally Posted by gcuk
I suspect the only way would be to break the journey in YVR if the fare rules allow and fly on to HKG the next day ie enjoy 24 hours in YVR
Shouldn't it be sufficient to book HKG-YVR-JFK with CX 888[*] (no stopover/break in YVR other than the 1:25h) instead of HKG-JFK with CX 888?

Am not sure about this with oneworld but that's how it works with Lufthansa/Star Alliance.

[*] if the fare rules do allow this! It might be more expensive if so.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
That does not work with BA15, so I see no reason why it would work with CX888.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by Daveall
Has anyone had recent experience of AA TP runs and the time it takes for the points to post in BAEC account. My previous TP run with them posted in 2-3 days but last weekend's sectors not yet posted. Am I being too impatient ??

Dave
Same thing.16 sectors flown,not one has posted.Going through claim missing avios and tier points process,and some of those are returning as sorry,we couldn't find you on that flight.
Looks like something has failed somewhere.My flights were booked online,with my BAEC number on the reservation.My boarding cards all printed with my BAEC number and oneworld emerald,but not one of the flights posted to my account.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 5:24 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rapidex
Same thing.16 sectors flown,not one has posted.Going through claim missing avios and tier points process,and some of those are returning as sorry,we couldn't find you on that flight.
Looks like something has failed somewhere.My flights were booked online,with my BAEC number on the reservation.My boarding cards all printed with my BAEC number and oneworld emerald,but not one of the flights posted to my account.
I remember some years ago flying LHR-MAN twice in a day and the exec club computer rejected my second flight. When I claimed the mileage retrospectively the very helpful agent told me not many people would fly the same sector twice in a day so wondered whether my second flight had triggered a 'logic check' in the computer. Maybe the computer is struggling to understand what type of crazy person would contemplate some of the AA TP runs included on this forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.