Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2013, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LDNConsultant
This is a community-maintained wiki post. Please add important information to it or correct outdated information by clicking the "Edit" button below!

Lucrative runs that have been reported under £3/TP - current availability not guaranteed
Route | Booking class | Fare | Booking channel | TPs | £/TP | credit

American Airlines

SFO-LAX-MIA-CUN | A/A/I | £498 return | aa.com | 620 TPs | £0.80/TP | chris1979
ORD-STL-DFW-SJU | A/A/I | £458 return | aa.com | 520 TPs | £0.88/TP | timezonehopper
SFO-LAX-MIA-CUN-MIA-LAX-LAS | A/A/I/I/A/A | £581 round trip | aa.com | 620 TPs | £0.94/TP | courtster
AMS-LHR-LAX-SFO-JFK-LHR-AMS | I/I/A/A/I/I | £1641 round trip | aa.com | 630 TPs | £2.60/TP | mccorry
IST-LHR/LCY-JFK-EZE-MIA-LHR-IST | I/I/I/I/I/I | £2106 round trip | aa.com | 790TPs | £2.61/TP | nth_utsera_sth_utsera
45 day advance purchase required, minimum stay 7 days.

British Airways
LGW-MLA | R | £248 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.55/TP | LDNConsultant
LGW-RAK | R | £280 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.75/TP | mfgr
Book by 31/12/13 for this price.
JER-LGW-AMS | J/R | £259 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.62/TP | joejet
LGW-JER | R | £181 return | ba.com | 80 TPs | £2.26/TP
LGW-AMS | R | £199 return | ba.com | 80 TPs | £2.49/TP
BRU-LHR//LCY-JFK-SEA (last bit on AA) and back | I/I/A | £1,529 return | probably have to phone up | 920 TPs | £1.66/TP | stifle
Outbound 12/4-27/4 or 25/6-24/8, min stay Sat night, ticket by 2/1/14

Royal Jordanian
BEY-AMM-AQJ | D | £255 return | rj.com | 160 TPs | £1.59/TP | DeanB

Malaysia Airlines
SIN-KUL-KCH | D | S$660 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 160 TPs | £2.12/TP |HPN-HRL
DEL-KUL-BKK | Z | INR41,666 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 360TPs| £1.15/TP| Seshy
DEL-KUL-NRT | Z | INR92,395 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 560TPs| £1.64/TP| Seshy
ICN-KUL-SYD/MEL | Z | KRW1,582,600 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 560TPs| £1.65/TP| armagebedar
SIN-KUL-DXB | Z | S$1084 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.50/TP | qasr (+long haul equipment on KUL-DXB)
SIN-KUL-TPE | Z | S$1078 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.49/TP | qasr
SIN-KUL-DEL | Z | S$1018 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.41/TP | qasr
SIN-KUL-KTM | Z | S$1006 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.39/TP | qasr

Qatar Airways
CAI-DOH-BKK | £759 return | D/D/D/A | 360 TPs | £2.10/TP ExpatSomchai
DME-DOH-SGN | I | £1255 return | qatarairways.com | 560 TPs | £2.25/TP |continentalclub
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point runs | 2013 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2013, 4:15 am

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

You are correct. Sorry about that.

Regards

TBS
Thanks.

You live and learn.

Have decided to pay the change fee and go SJU-DFW-HNL which I think should yield 350tps and allows us to arrive at HNL at a more convenient 16.50 rather than 21.10.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 5:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG DIamond
Hoping some of the experts on here can help me with my ex-eu trip I'm planning. Looking at a few days in Seattle (and possibly Vancouver added on)

LHR-BRU-LHR/ LCY-JFK-SEA/ SEA-LHR-BRU-LHR

This way I get to try BA001 (something I've been wanting to do since it started), but on the return I get the convenience of the 747 return straight to LHR hopefully with a nice quiet UD seat.

What I wanted to check was firstly whether anyone had any better suggestions in terms of maximising earnings and the experience? And secondly advice on any better ways of working the internal flight (JFK-SEA) which is showing up as Business class on an AA 737.

Thanks in advance ^
Old Apr 6, 2013, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
Originally Posted by ab007
Hoping some of the experts on here can help me with my ex-eu trip I'm planning. Looking at a few days in Seattle (and possibly Vancouver added on)

This way I get to try BA001 (something I've been wanting to do since it started), but on the return I get the convenience of the 747 return straight to LHR hopefully with a nice quiet UD seat.

What I wanted to check was firstly whether anyone had any better suggestions in terms of maximising earnings and the experience? And secondly advice on any better ways of working the internal flight (JFK-SEA) which is showing up as Business class on an AA 737.

Thanks in advance ^
First of all, you need to book on AA.com - otherwise you will only get J TPs/Avios rather than F for JFK-SEA. Domestic F on the 737 is not too bad.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 5:48 am

Programs: BA Gold

Thanks in advance ^
Interestingly I'm in JFK right now, having arrived yesterday on the BA0001 CWLCY service, and am flying to SEA later today (back tomorrow) to get the 420TP's from that and renew Gold. Am also flying back to LHR next week, albeit on AA (Grrrrr)

Where are you trying to book this? If you book through AA, it should put your JFK-SEA flight in F, booking it through BA will put it in J
Old Apr 6, 2013, 6:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG DIamond
First of all, you need to book on AA.com - otherwise you will only get J TPs/Avios rather than F for JFK-SEA. Domestic F on the 737 is not too bad.
Interestingly I'm in JFK right now, having arrived yesterday on the BA0001 CWLCY service, and am flying to SEA later today (back tomorrow) to get the 420TP's from that and renew Gold. Am also flying back to LHR next week, albeit on AA (Grrrrr)

Where are you trying to book this? If you book through AA, it should put your JFK-SEA flight in F, booking it through BA will put it in J
Thanks for the comments, I was looking on the BA site as you guessed, the AA website seems to make it a bit more expensive for some reason...?

To ask a question which is probably asked a million times, if I book it through AA am I still able to do my seat selection etc?
Old Apr 6, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
You can also call BA to book the itinerary on a mix of BA and AA codes.
It may be an advantage in case of IROPS to have a ticket on 125(BA) stock.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
To ask a question which is probably asked a million times, if I book it through AA am I still able to do my seat selection etc?
Yes = and if you don't have status to can also pay for seat selection for BA flights via BA.com even if you book on AA.com.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 9:29 am

Programs: BA GGL
Pricing up an ex-EU HNL trip at the moment for June / July for anyone who wants to combine a lucrative TP run with a cheap(ish) holiday - I've managed to get it down to £1,529, with 1,200 TPs and various stopover options. For anyone looking, best option I can find is to start from LUX and return to BRU.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Pricing up an ex-EU HNL trip at the moment for June / July for anyone who wants to combine a lucrative TP run with a cheap(ish) holiday - I've managed to get it down to £1,529, with 1,200 TPs and various stopover options. For anyone looking, best option I can find is to start from LUX and return to BRU.
Hmm. I'm seriously thinking of fitting in some of this lunacy in July - care to share your itinerary? Looking forward to a night in front of AA.com.....
Old Apr 6, 2013, 11:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, A3*G
Originally Posted by kipperman
Hmm. I'm seriously thinking of fitting in some of this lunacy in July - care to share your itinerary? Looking forward to a night in front of AA.com.....
ditto...'serious thinking' process on found a similar one for some random dates mid-August

Last edited by ozon78; Apr 6, 2013 at 11:59 am
Old Apr 7, 2013, 6:41 am

I started with an itinerary leaving 27 June, returning 10 July -

Outbound -LUX-LHR-IAD-LAX-HNL-LAX-IAD-LHR-BRU

I messed around with various options, including MIA and JFK for stopovers, played around with date and times etc... IAD is easy because you are pretty much guaranteed a two class flight to LAX, meaning a definite 210 points. MIA and JFK have some 3 class services, so you can end up in business, which may mean a comfier seat, but a loss of 70 TPs.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: Oneworld, Hilton, IHG

I messed around with various options, including MIA and JFK for stopovers, played around with date and times etc... IAD is easy because you are pretty much guaranteed a two class flight to LAX, meaning a definite 210 points. MIA and JFK have some 3 class services, so you can end up in business, which may mean a comfier seat, but a loss of 70 TPs.
When booking these runs, your best bet is to book them as one ways on aa.com. No more than 4 flights.
Hope that helps you. It got me get silver for less than $800USD.

P.S. Look around for an AA 7 or 10% code to the ending airport on each of your runs.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by greyguy1
When booking these runs, your best bet is to book them as one ways on aa.com. No more than 4 flights.
I believe these sale fares have to booked as a return...
Old Apr 7, 2013, 10:16 am

OK, I know I am missing a trick here - can happily book the BRU-HNL on aa.com, but failing completely with your more complex itinerary contained in the quotes. I'm assuming that it is using the multi city page. Entering anything like the above causes an apparent melt down, with the page returning a "no flights available" error message.

Grateful for help to a newbie with this new, even madder phase to my travels.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
OK, I know I am missing a trick here - can happily book the BRU-HNL on aa.com, but failing completely with your more complex itinerary contained in the quotes. I'm assuming that it is using the multi city page. Entering anything like the above causes an apparent melt down, with the page returning a "no flights available" error message.

Grateful for help to a newbie with this new, even madder phase to my travels.
Try searching for IAD-HNL as one of the sectors, AA.com will return connecting flights that way I'd expect

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.