Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2013, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LDNConsultant
This is a community-maintained wiki post. Please add important information to it or correct outdated information by clicking the "Edit" button below!

Lucrative runs that have been reported under £3/TP - current availability not guaranteed
Route | Booking class | Fare | Booking channel | TPs | £/TP | credit

American Airlines

SFO-LAX-MIA-CUN | A/A/I | £498 return | aa.com | 620 TPs | £0.80/TP | chris1979
ORD-STL-DFW-SJU | A/A/I | £458 return | aa.com | 520 TPs | £0.88/TP | timezonehopper
SFO-LAX-MIA-CUN-MIA-LAX-LAS | A/A/I/I/A/A | £581 round trip | aa.com | 620 TPs | £0.94/TP | courtster
AMS-LHR-LAX-SFO-JFK-LHR-AMS | I/I/A/A/I/I | £1641 round trip | aa.com | 630 TPs | £2.60/TP | mccorry
IST-LHR/LCY-JFK-EZE-MIA-LHR-IST | I/I/I/I/I/I | £2106 round trip | aa.com | 790TPs | £2.61/TP | nth_utsera_sth_utsera
45 day advance purchase required, minimum stay 7 days.

British Airways
LGW-MLA | R | £248 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.55/TP | LDNConsultant
LGW-RAK | R | £280 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.75/TP | mfgr
Book by 31/12/13 for this price.
JER-LGW-AMS | J/R | £259 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.62/TP | joejet
LGW-JER | R | £181 return | ba.com | 80 TPs | £2.26/TP
LGW-AMS | R | £199 return | ba.com | 80 TPs | £2.49/TP
BRU-LHR//LCY-JFK-SEA (last bit on AA) and back | I/I/A | £1,529 return | probably have to phone up | 920 TPs | £1.66/TP | stifle
Outbound 12/4-27/4 or 25/6-24/8, min stay Sat night, ticket by 2/1/14

Royal Jordanian
BEY-AMM-AQJ | D | £255 return | rj.com | 160 TPs | £1.59/TP | DeanB

Malaysia Airlines
SIN-KUL-KCH | D | S$660 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 160 TPs | £2.12/TP |HPN-HRL
DEL-KUL-BKK | Z | INR41,666 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 360TPs| £1.15/TP| Seshy
DEL-KUL-NRT | Z | INR92,395 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 560TPs| £1.64/TP| Seshy
ICN-KUL-SYD/MEL | Z | KRW1,582,600 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 560TPs| £1.65/TP| armagebedar
SIN-KUL-DXB | Z | S$1084 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.50/TP | qasr (+long haul equipment on KUL-DXB)
SIN-KUL-TPE | Z | S$1078 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.49/TP | qasr
SIN-KUL-DEL | Z | S$1018 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.41/TP | qasr
SIN-KUL-KTM | Z | S$1006 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.39/TP | qasr

Qatar Airways
CAI-DOH-BKK | £759 return | D/D/D/A | 360 TPs | £2.10/TP ExpatSomchai
DME-DOH-SGN | I | £1255 return | qatarairways.com | 560 TPs | £2.25/TP |continentalclub
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point runs | 2013 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2013, 11:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by kipperman
OK, I know I am missing a trick here - can happily book the BRU-HNL on aa.com, but failing completely with your more complex itinerary contained in the quotes. I'm assuming that it is using the multi city page. Entering anything like the above causes an apparent melt down, with the page returning a "no flights available" error message.

Grateful for help to a newbie with this new, even madder phase to my travels.
Use the multi city option and search by SCHEDULE not Price. You can request up to 50 options for every leg (I find 20 is usually enough) and it will all price up after selection.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 11:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Just for confirmation:

I've read somewhere on here that when you pass a status qualifying point you aren't eligible for the tier bonus Avios on any flights until the new status is recognised on ba.com. I assume that means that you wouldn't normally get any bonus on most of the short period AA itineraries being discussed here even though you've met the requirement?

If true, I suppose it's not the end of the world but a bit disappointing nonetheless.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 1:57 am

Programs: LF HON, BAEC Bronze, Hilton Diamond
How can I search in ITA Matrix for the BRU-HNL fare using routing codes?
Old Apr 8, 2013, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by greyguy1
P.S. Look around for an AA 7 or 10% code to the ending airport on each of your runs.
Not sure what this means - though i see the germ of an attractive plan!

Can anyone help with an explanation?
Old Apr 8, 2013, 2:37 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
The thread with the AA codes disappeared (apparently AA complained about it)... Any idea where one can find these nowadays?
Old Apr 8, 2013, 5:12 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Not sure if this is what people are looking for, but the code 1313SS gets 10% off any AA fare from any AA airport to any of the following destinations this year:

Nashville, Baltimore, Charlotte, Washington DCA and Dulles, Dallas DFW, Greenville SC, Indianapolis, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Memphis, Miami, New Orleans, Ontario, Chicago, West Palm Beach, Palm Springs, Raleigh, Ft Myers, Louisville, and Santa Ana/Orange County.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 7:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK E, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
You can also call BA to book the itinerary on a mix of BA and AA codes.
It may be an advantage in case of IROPS to have a ticket on 125(BA) stock.
I tried to ticket my BRU-HNL-BRU flights on BA call center with no luck. The price was huge. ITA and AA shows availability. My question is do I have any other options to book the trip with BA flight on BA flight number than calling to AA call center? Is there any OTA that is able to handle mixed business and first bookings? aa.com offers all outbound flights with AA flight numbers and I want them to BA flight numbers to make upgrades to First possible. Or am I able to UUA AA flight number operated by BA?
Old Apr 8, 2013, 9:20 am

Programs: Oneworld, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
I believe these sale fares have to booked as a return...
Luckily this is not true for every domestic flight I have seen from AA (as it relates to SJU runs).

Since you can't book the entire run (if your run is over 6 flights) on aa.com as a single trip, you have to book them as one-ways.

Last edited by greyguy1; Apr 8, 2013 at 9:50 am
Old Apr 8, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: Oneworld, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
Just for confirmation:

I've read somewhere on here that when you pass a status qualifying point you aren't eligible for the tier bonus Avios on any flights until the new status is recognised on ba.com. I assume that means that you wouldn't normally get any bonus on most of the short period AA itineraries being discussed here even though you've met the requirement?

If true, I suppose it's not the end of the world but a bit disappointing nonetheless.
This has not been the case for me. Passed into Bronze, then into Silver on one trip and all cabin bonuses and tier bonus showed up as expected. It does take about 3-4 days for AA flights to show up on your statement though.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Anselmi
I tried to ticket my BRU-HNL-BRU flights on BA call center with no luck. The price was huge. ITA and AA shows availability. My question is do I have any other options to book the trip with BA flight on BA flight number than calling to AA call center? Is there any OTA that is able to handle mixed business and first bookings? aa.com offers all outbound flights with AA flight numbers and I want them to BA flight numbers to make upgrades to First possible. Or am I able to UUA AA flight number operated by BA?
It shouldn't be a problem. It worked for me. Just have each flight number and fare class from ITA as well as the tarif code (IV0EUS) and you should be OK. Bear in mind that this fare is only valid between June 18th and August 23rd, only for round-trips, no stopovers, maximum of 2 transfers in Europe and 2 in the US. Also, BA has cunningly zeroed out I class availability on many TATL's in that period, notably to LAX, while the AA code-shares for the same BA-metal flights are still available.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by greyguy1
This has not been the case for me. Passed into Bronze, then into Silver on one trip and all cabin bonuses and tier bonus showed up as expected. It does take about 3-4 days for AA flights to show up on your statement though.
I hope it works that way- it should do.

Might be just my interpretation of what I read but it left me with the opposite impression.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 8:47 pm

Programs: TG G & BA G
hnl-sju run price increase?

hi first poster in this thread.

i have been checking price of hnl-sju run since march, and it has been at $1000 for return in A. in april, it changed to $1220, and it seems that all in/out sju fare went up by $150-200.

is it normal trend every year and would they drop again soon or has it increased permanently? if you know the pricing trend from last year, pls share!

om the other note, i can see cmb-nrt vv on mh is at around us$1000 including tax, scoring 360 tp. if you dont mind overnight both direction in hkg, cx has cmb-cts vv for $1400-1500 all in scoring 560tp. but these cant beat sju run!!!
Old Apr 8, 2013, 10:07 pm

I've just booked BRU-LHR-MIA-LAS-LAX-MIA-SJU-MIA-LAX-LAS-JFK-LHR-BRU in August all on AA metal apart from the BRU-LHR segments. I've upgraded both TATL segments to F with AA SWU's (looking forward to F on the new 77W from JFK). Came in just under £2k.

I'm a novice at this point run thing but I reckon that's 1400 TP's although I'd appreciate somebody checking it for me. If I'm right, with the positioning flights I reckon I can go from zero to Gold on that trip.

Positive or negative comments all welcome!
Old Apr 9, 2013, 12:15 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
BRU-40-LHR-140-MIA-210-LAS-60-LAX-210-MIA-140-SJU-140-MIA-210-LAX-60-LAS-210-JFK-140-LHR-40-BRU
I make that 1600TPs, assuming the following:

Your MIA-LAS, LAX-MIA and LAS-JFK flights are on 2 class aircraft. If you're on a 3 class then you'll lose 60TPs per flight from my calculations.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I make that 1600TPs, assuming the following:

Your MIA-LAS, LAX-MIA and LAS-JFK flights are on 2 class aircraft. If you're on a 3 class then you'll lose 60TPs per flight from my calculations.
I'm very grateful for your post and you're far more likely to be right than i am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.