Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2013, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LDNConsultant
This is a community-maintained wiki post. Please add important information to it or correct outdated information by clicking the "Edit" button below!

Lucrative runs that have been reported under £3/TP - current availability not guaranteed
Route | Booking class | Fare | Booking channel | TPs | £/TP | credit

American Airlines

SFO-LAX-MIA-CUN | A/A/I | £498 return | aa.com | 620 TPs | £0.80/TP | chris1979
ORD-STL-DFW-SJU | A/A/I | £458 return | aa.com | 520 TPs | £0.88/TP | timezonehopper
SFO-LAX-MIA-CUN-MIA-LAX-LAS | A/A/I/I/A/A | £581 round trip | aa.com | 620 TPs | £0.94/TP | courtster
AMS-LHR-LAX-SFO-JFK-LHR-AMS | I/I/A/A/I/I | £1641 round trip | aa.com | 630 TPs | £2.60/TP | mccorry
IST-LHR/LCY-JFK-EZE-MIA-LHR-IST | I/I/I/I/I/I | £2106 round trip | aa.com | 790TPs | £2.61/TP | nth_utsera_sth_utsera
45 day advance purchase required, minimum stay 7 days.

British Airways
LGW-MLA | R | £248 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.55/TP | LDNConsultant
LGW-RAK | R | £280 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.75/TP | mfgr
Book by 31/12/13 for this price.
JER-LGW-AMS | J/R | £259 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.62/TP | joejet
LGW-JER | R | £181 return | ba.com | 80 TPs | £2.26/TP
LGW-AMS | R | £199 return | ba.com | 80 TPs | £2.49/TP
BRU-LHR//LCY-JFK-SEA (last bit on AA) and back | I/I/A | £1,529 return | probably have to phone up | 920 TPs | £1.66/TP | stifle
Outbound 12/4-27/4 or 25/6-24/8, min stay Sat night, ticket by 2/1/14

Royal Jordanian
BEY-AMM-AQJ | D | £255 return | rj.com | 160 TPs | £1.59/TP | DeanB

Malaysia Airlines
SIN-KUL-KCH | D | S$660 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 160 TPs | £2.12/TP |HPN-HRL
DEL-KUL-BKK | Z | INR41,666 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 360TPs| £1.15/TP| Seshy
DEL-KUL-NRT | Z | INR92,395 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 560TPs| £1.64/TP| Seshy
ICN-KUL-SYD/MEL | Z | KRW1,582,600 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 560TPs| £1.65/TP| armagebedar
SIN-KUL-DXB | Z | S$1084 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.50/TP | qasr (+long haul equipment on KUL-DXB)
SIN-KUL-TPE | Z | S$1078 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.49/TP | qasr
SIN-KUL-DEL | Z | S$1018 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.41/TP | qasr
SIN-KUL-KTM | Z | S$1006 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.39/TP | qasr

Qatar Airways
CAI-DOH-BKK | £759 return | D/D/D/A | 360 TPs | £2.10/TP ExpatSomchai
DME-DOH-SGN | I | £1255 return | qatarairways.com | 560 TPs | £2.25/TP |continentalclub
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point runs | 2013 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2013, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Silver; SPG Gold; UA; DL; AA
Originally Posted by hanmer
I think your sums are out, a ticket costing $1307 earning $0.32/TP would mean that you would receive 4084 TP's

Edit: Ah you replied whilst I was typing.

Bri
Yes... if only we learned a thing or 2 about education before kicking you Redcoats out of the colonies...
Old Mar 6, 2013, 5:00 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Currently being tempted to do a LAS-LAX-MIA-SJU TP run tied in with LHR-LAX on the A380. Do any of the ITA Matrix/fare gurus have any thoughts re. clever routings that can be done with the TATL flight? The 'promo' fare is £1,900 for LHR-LAX (as 2 people travelling would be £3800), the best I could come up with was adding on a start in Belgium to bring it down to €1840 or so with 80TP extra - any advances on this? When I tried to add in my positioning flight to LAS it seemed to bump up the cost disproportionately.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 2:11 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
Currently being tempted to do a LAS-LAX-MIA-SJU TP run tied in with LHR-LAX on the A380. Do any of the ITA Matrix/fare gurus have any thoughts re. clever routings that can be done with the TATL flight? The 'promo' fare is £1,900 for LHR-LAX (as 2 people travelling would be £3800), the best I could come up with was adding on a start in Belgium to bring it down to €1840 or so with 80TP extra - any advances on this? When I tried to add in my positioning flight to LAS it seemed to bump up the cost disproportionately.
Have you looked at extending to HNL? That adds further 420 return if booked in F. You would need to call BA but I simply used the Ticket desk in t5 who fell over themsleves to help.....somewhat surprisingly....

If you wanted to go mad a HNL SJU roundtrip before coming home would ensure gold.

I have booked the family holiday starting in BRU but am using the AA777-300 and new seat under BA codeshare so on single round trip 2 adults and 2 kids will pick up silver.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 3:28 am

Programs: BA GGL
Looking at the possibility of doing a SJU-MIA-LAX-HNL run where I return the same day. The only option it's giving me is arriving in HNL on flight 267 at 8:50pm and departing back to LAX on flight 298 at 9:40pm. Does anyone know if this is the same equipment, or do I risk missing my return if my inbound is delayed?

I would have guessed it's the same plane, but it looks like there's a flight 297 coming in an hour earlier, and the numbers being in sequence makes me suspect that's the plane that's returning as flight 298. Why the multi-city planner won't route me on flight 297, I don't know.

Has anyone here successfully made the 50 minute turnaround in HNL?

(Also, out of curiosity: If you do return on the same equipment, is it also the same crew? If so, what sort of reactions do you get when they realize you're flying straight back where you came from? )
Old Mar 7, 2013, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by JonV
Looking at the possibility of doing a SJU-MIA-LAX-HNL run where I return the same day. The only option it's giving me is arriving in HNL on flight 267 at 8:50pm and departing back to LAX on flight 298 at 9:40pm. Does anyone know if this is the same equipment, or do I risk missing my return if my inbound is delayed?

I would have guessed it's the same plane, but it looks like there's a flight 297 coming in an hour earlier, and the numbers being in sequence makes me suspect that's the plane that's returning as flight 298. Why the multi-city planner won't route me on flight 297, I don't know.

Has anyone here successfully made the 50 minute turnaround in HNL?

(Also, out of curiosity: If you do return on the same equipment, is it also the same crew? If so, what sort of reactions do you get when they realize you're flying straight back where you came from? )
Doubt very much it is the same aircraft.Too short a turnaround for AA.The aircraft all arrive at the same pier,so if your LAX-HNL is on time,no problem.
A bit punishing on the glutimus maximus doing a same day turn.^
Old Mar 7, 2013, 5:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've had an AA flight before from DCA-MIA-SJU that required us getting off at MIA, <30 mins or so for cleaning / re-stocking etc and then back on to continue the journey.

Easyjet, BA etc do these quick turnarounds so there's nothing to say it's not going to be the same plane coming back.

Sometimes they just change the gate number even though it's the same gate (the one I used in MIA was something Gate 6 on arrival and Gate 7 on departure yet the same plane and physical gate).
Old Mar 7, 2013, 11:07 am

Programs: BA GGL
Am I not correct that the sequential flight numbers are a strong indicator that it's the aircraft used for flight 297 that returns as flight 298 one hour and fifty minutes later?

I'm certainly no authority on the matter, but I seem to remember noticing this pattern with other flights in the past, BA trans-atlantics for example.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
It is traditionally the case on some routes.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by binman
Have you looked at extending to HNL? That adds further 420 return if booked in F. You would need to call BA but I simply used the Ticket desk in t5 who fell over themsleves to help.....somewhat surprisingly....

If you wanted to go mad a HNL SJU roundtrip before coming home would ensure gold.
I had a look at adding a HNL - seems to add around £700 to the price (goes up to €2,741.80 if I'm using ITA Matrix correctly?!) - in itself that's still half the cost of a standalone LAX-HNL return in AA F, and gives a price per TP of £1.67, which is reasonable. I agree then doing an SJU trip from there would definitely maximise TPs but is perhaps just a bit too extreme for me (heresy I know!). Also I had some thoughts re. seeing bits of California that I don't think I'd be able to do with this as both the main O/B and I/B legs to HNL (and any TP legs) would only give me at most 24h in LAX. Happy to be advised if I've got it wrong though!

I also see £1,900 LAX price is now within the overall 'Easter deals' pages - http://www.britishairways.com/travel..._gb?source=H01
Old Mar 7, 2013, 3:31 pm

what was the TP run work around for booking GLA-LGW-JER in CE ? A phonecall, multitrip ? Standard online booking only allows economy. Will it require a sat overnight stay to get something reasonable ?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 3:42 pm

So. Thanks to the OP and all others participating in that thread i finally booked all my flights, which will put me +1 straight to Silver.I booked LAS-LAX-MIA-SJU-MIA-JFK-BOS for 880£ for 2p ai. These flights include 777 service to MIA and 762 to JFK. With the positioning flights to BOS i'll end up at 950 TPs. I know there are better rates but for us the convenience is the main reason to fly this routing.

Here is my routing if someone needs it for a similar trip. MUC-LHR-JFK-BOS rt ( BA CE/CW, AA F) + LAS-LAX-MIA-SJU-MIA-JFK-BOS ( AA F). Cost 3800£ ai 2p. 480 TP + 470 TP

Thanks again for all your help!ðŸ‘
Old Mar 7, 2013, 4:56 pm

Sounds good, Luckies71 Although presumably you also need a BOS-LAS positioning flight? (or I may have misunderstood your routing!) Also out of interest did you book it all on one PNR through the BA call centre?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by xenole
I've had an AA flight before from DCA-MIA-SJU that required us getting off at MIA, <30 mins or so for cleaning / re-stocking etc and then back on to continue the journey.

Easyjet, BA etc do these quick turnarounds so there's nothing to say it's not going to be the same plane coming back.

Sometimes they just change the gate number even though it's the same gate (the one I used in MIA was something Gate 6 on arrival and Gate 7 on departure yet the same plane and physical gate).
The fuel required to be loaded in HNL is considerably greater than for short east coast hops.The crew also overnight.Turnarounds seem to be in the order of 90 mins in HNL.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 7:34 am

Hi Alan.
The BA Trip is booked through a TA. The AA Flights are two oneways booked at AA.com. I tried to book the AA Flights in one Trip but wasnt able to get the 777 for the LAX-MIA Flight. So i split the booking in two oneways.

The postioning to Las Vegas will be burning my LH Miles and a JetBlue Flight.

Last edited by Luckies71; Mar 8, 2013 at 7:40 am
Old Mar 8, 2013, 8:22 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Luckies71
Hi Alan.
The BA Trip is booked through a TA. The AA Flights are two oneways booked at AA.com. I tried to book the AA Flights in one Trip but wasnt able to get the 777 for the LAX-MIA Flight. So i split the booking in two oneways.

The postioning to Las Vegas will be burning my LH Miles and a JetBlue Flight.
Luckies71 are you sure you're in F and not J on the 3-class 777 to MIA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.