Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2013, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LDNConsultant
This is a community-maintained wiki post. Please add important information to it or correct outdated information by clicking the "Edit" button below!

Lucrative runs that have been reported under £3/TP - current availability not guaranteed
Route | Booking class | Fare | Booking channel | TPs | £/TP | credit

American Airlines

SFO-LAX-MIA-CUN | A/A/I | £498 return | aa.com | 620 TPs | £0.80/TP | chris1979
ORD-STL-DFW-SJU | A/A/I | £458 return | aa.com | 520 TPs | £0.88/TP | timezonehopper
SFO-LAX-MIA-CUN-MIA-LAX-LAS | A/A/I/I/A/A | £581 round trip | aa.com | 620 TPs | £0.94/TP | courtster
AMS-LHR-LAX-SFO-JFK-LHR-AMS | I/I/A/A/I/I | £1641 round trip | aa.com | 630 TPs | £2.60/TP | mccorry
IST-LHR/LCY-JFK-EZE-MIA-LHR-IST | I/I/I/I/I/I | £2106 round trip | aa.com | 790TPs | £2.61/TP | nth_utsera_sth_utsera
45 day advance purchase required, minimum stay 7 days.

British Airways
LGW-MLA | R | £248 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.55/TP | LDNConsultant
LGW-RAK | R | £280 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.75/TP | mfgr
Book by 31/12/13 for this price.
JER-LGW-AMS | J/R | £259 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.62/TP | joejet
LGW-JER | R | £181 return | ba.com | 80 TPs | £2.26/TP
LGW-AMS | R | £199 return | ba.com | 80 TPs | £2.49/TP
BRU-LHR//LCY-JFK-SEA (last bit on AA) and back | I/I/A | £1,529 return | probably have to phone up | 920 TPs | £1.66/TP | stifle
Outbound 12/4-27/4 or 25/6-24/8, min stay Sat night, ticket by 2/1/14

Royal Jordanian
BEY-AMM-AQJ | D | £255 return | rj.com | 160 TPs | £1.59/TP | DeanB

Malaysia Airlines
SIN-KUL-KCH | D | S$660 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 160 TPs | £2.12/TP |HPN-HRL
DEL-KUL-BKK | Z | INR41,666 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 360TPs| £1.15/TP| Seshy
DEL-KUL-NRT | Z | INR92,395 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 560TPs| £1.64/TP| Seshy
ICN-KUL-SYD/MEL | Z | KRW1,582,600 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 560TPs| £1.65/TP| armagebedar
SIN-KUL-DXB | Z | S$1084 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.50/TP | qasr (+long haul equipment on KUL-DXB)
SIN-KUL-TPE | Z | S$1078 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.49/TP | qasr
SIN-KUL-DEL | Z | S$1018 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.41/TP | qasr
SIN-KUL-KTM | Z | S$1006 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.39/TP | qasr

Qatar Airways
CAI-DOH-BKK | £759 return | D/D/D/A | 360 TPs | £2.10/TP ExpatSomchai
DME-DOH-SGN | I | £1255 return | qatarairways.com | 560 TPs | £2.25/TP |continentalclub
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point runs | 2013 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2013, 6:50 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Sometimes the AA site struggles with Multi city. If you've found a flight on ITA, it's helpful to add times of the flights to the search as well. Helps stop AA.com just saying "Oh I give up" as it's quite prone to doing.
Oh I see, thanks for that Wozza2404. Seems to be an 'art' at it then and thanks very much for the handy tips ^

Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
^ totally agree with that - in the end I found doing a straight LAS-SJU return and getting it to show all the options and then picking the ones I wanted did the trick for me, but annoying I'd got it to work previously using the multi-city tool - it does seem a bit temperamental!
Thanks Alan ^ Patience Pete, patience...........

Originally Posted by aks120
Peter01

When are you thinking of doing a TP run - I could join you on a run from LAS to SJU I have done it twice and can highly recommend it!

aks120
Anytime to be honest aks120 and @:-)!

It's getting the price right etc and I have spent countless hours trying to work out a run but always get high prices compared to what's posted here. However now Alan and Wozza have helped then I will try again.

Or you could just book it and I'll bring you a bottle of Scotch, llooootttsss of UK Chocolate and a pair of Kilts so everyone knows where we are from
Old Mar 11, 2013, 7:21 pm

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Forgive the stupid question, but I think I've finally worked this out to a stage where I can explain it to other people.

I book the flight(s) (whatever flights) with the airline. Well say American Airlines for now.
Then when I've completed the flight I go to BAEC and fill out the "Claim missing Avios points on partner flights"

Is that right?
If not, how do I let BA know that I took an AA flight
Old Mar 11, 2013, 7:28 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Steve Oh
Forgive the stupid question, but I think I've finally worked this out to a stage where I can explain it to other people.

I book the flight(s) (whatever flights) with the airline. Well say American Airlines for now.
Then when I've completed the flight I go to BAEC and fill out the "Claim missing Avios points on partner flights"

Is that right?
I have an AA account and a BAEC account but I always collect points and miles for BAEC. However, I still want to be able to manage my AA account and use their apps etc to track flights status and check in online.

To do this I log into my AA account when booking AA flights but during the purchase phase I enter my BAEC account number instead of my AA one. I can access my flights through my AA login but all my points and miles accrue automatically (usually!) with BA.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 7:34 pm

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Aah ok - no danger of of a BAEC & AA number being the same I hope.

Thanks - now I fully understand it all

Book with AA but use my BA number. Sorted. Job done. Lovely
Old Mar 11, 2013, 8:16 pm

Aah ok - no danger of of a BAEC & AA number being the same I hope.
There's a drop down category so there's no chance of any confusion. Rest easy
Old Mar 12, 2013, 1:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by PETER01
xenole and alanjrobertson

Thanks for those posts ^

I've read this thread time and time again but I still can't seem to now get the price xenole you are quoting saying the JFKout isn't available. I've spent countless hours trying to price something up but never any joy.

Am I doing this the right way?

1) AA.com
2) Multi- City
3) Entering said flights
4) Choosing Business Class or Higher box which shows the Instant Upgrade to F (P) class

Or do you price it up on ITA first?

Sorry if these sound basic questions but I just can't seem to get any low prices for various months inc 25th May
I always use ITA first then go to AA.
I generally choose "first/premium with restrictions".

Last edited by xenole; Mar 12, 2013 at 1:25 am
Old Mar 12, 2013, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci

Is that right?
When you book or check in for the AA flight you punch in your BAEC number. You can also do this with the lounge AAngels or at the gate at a push.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Diamond Gold, Royal Orchid Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles Gold
Ok - so I'm still being a little thick and struggling. Can anybody help. It seems the SJU-HNL run is a little pricey for the limited dates I need. Oh first-world problems! LOL

I can depart DFW in the morning of the April 19.
I have to be in NYC before noon on April 22nd.

What are your expert recommendations to get me as close to 1,100 TPs as possible? I don't need the lot, as my membership year runs til June, but as I have 3 blank days in the states between contracts, thought I might as well make the most of it.

Thanks so much in advance...
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
BA Tier Point runs | 2013 master thread

Are there any good runs out of Seattle generally? Best i could get was £722 for 500TPs to SJU via MIA, which is decent but... (Tried to see about positioning to LAS but the LAX leg is on AS so no TPs)

Not looking for specifics, but priced up a nice DUB-LHR/LCY-JFK-SEA-JFK-LCY/LHR-DUB for £1566 (920 TPs as have JFK-SEA on AA flight numbers in A) - after it was pointed out that there were good ex-DUB fares until 20/3. Making me hungry to see if I can get close to GGL in one go
Old Mar 12, 2013, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I am looking at a similar run to the latter, actually. And if you want a stopover in NYC, you can book an open jaw DUB-NYC//SEA-DUB ticket and throw in a one-way NYC-SEA K-UP.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 5:16 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aks120
Peter01

When are you thinking of doing a TP run - I could join you on a run from LAS to SJU I have done it twice and can highly recommend it!

aks120
Any tips for the SJU run, aks120? I'm booked on AA169/208/1299 O/B from LAS then 1714/277/1706 return - 757s for the LAX-MIA leg so currently nice and 2-class with full 210 TPs - I sincerely hope they don't muck about and end up putting one of the new transcon 3-class planes on it by later in the year!! Have got 3 nights in SJU (arriving late evening and departing early AM so two full days really) - not a proper TP run I know but thought I may as well have a proper look round when I was there (and burn some Hilton points on a mattress run whilst there!)
Old Mar 12, 2013, 5:29 pm

757s for the LAX-MIA leg so currently nice and 2-class with full 210 TPs
Does your 757 (LAX-MIA) show 20 or 22 seats in F? If it's 20 you're in good shape. If it's 22 then you're on the really old configuration which is a bit of a drag. I'm on one of the old ones next week and not particularly looking forward to it.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
Does your 757 (LAX-MIA) show 20 or 22 seats in F? If it's 20 you're in good shape. If it's 22 then you're on the really old configuration which is a bit of a drag. I'm on one of the old ones next week and not particularly looking forward to it.
Hehe - 22 each way! Although they're dayflights so perhaps not quite as bad. I guess since I'm wimping out having three nights in SJU I deserve some hardship to make it a proper TP run! I've heard that at least their onboard catering is much improved than it used to be, with the ability to pre-order.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 5:37 pm

Hehe - 22 each way! Although they're dayflights so perhaps not quite as bad. I guess since I'm wimping out having three nights in SJU I deserve some hardship to make it a proper TP run! I've heard that at least their onboard catering is much improved than it used to be, with the ability to pre-order.
Yes indeed, and lashings of hot nuts
Old Mar 12, 2013, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
Yes indeed, and lashings of hot nuts
Haha nice ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.