FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point runs | 2013 master thread
View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2013, 2:58 pm
EDIflyer

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by binman
Have you looked at extending to HNL? That adds further 420 return if booked in F. You would need to call BA but I simply used the Ticket desk in t5 who fell over themsleves to help.....somewhat surprisingly....

If you wanted to go mad a HNL SJU roundtrip before coming home would ensure gold.
I had a look at adding a HNL - seems to add around £700 to the price (goes up to €2,741.80 if I'm using ITA Matrix correctly?!) - in itself that's still half the cost of a standalone LAX-HNL return in AA F, and gives a price per TP of £1.67, which is reasonable. I agree then doing an SJU trip from there would definitely maximise TPs but is perhaps just a bit too extreme for me (heresy I know!). Also I had some thoughts re. seeing bits of California that I don't think I'd be able to do with this as both the main O/B and I/B legs to HNL (and any TP legs) would only give me at most 24h in LAX. Happy to be advised if I've got it wrong though!

I also see £1,900 LAX price is now within the overall 'Easter deals' pages - http://www.britishairways.com/travel..._gb?source=H01