Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2020, 3:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by flyslow
Just booked early July to SPU (Split) and MMB states that no lounge access provided there, same on airport homepage Restaurants
Oneworld database still suggests that BA passengers should have access https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=SPU
I’m at Split airport now (non-BA flight) and can confirm that those with appropriate privileges flying on BA can access the lounge. BA is listed on the sign by the stairs (see pic) and at the lounge desk. I also verbally confirmed this with the lounge agent at the desk.

flyslow likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by volar
I’m at Split airport now (non-BA flight) and can confirm that those with appropriate privileges flying on BA can access the lounge. BA is listed on the sign by the stairs (see pic) and at the lounge desk. I also verbally confirmed this with the lounge agent at the desk.
Thank you! I'll try my luck next Monday
Old Jul 13, 2020, 7:11 am

We'll, MMB was right. Was denied entry in SPU today because "British don't pay us any more"
Confirmed by the sign also

No OLCI and no smoking area after security despite being told there is by lady at check in desk. Nevermind, found the smoking area
​​​​

Last edited by flyslow; Jul 13, 2020 at 7:27 am
Old Jul 13, 2020, 7:51 am

Programs: BAEC
I read an article the other day saying that airlines like BA and Lufthansa have stopped paying some outstation lounges. They put it down to cutting costs. I hope this doesn’t become a widespread issue.
orbitmic and HarbourGent like this.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by BAeuro
I read an article the other day saying that airlines like BA and Lufthansa have stopped paying some outstation lounges. They put it down to cutting costs. I hope this doesn’t become a widespread issue.
Swiss had a tradition of sometimes refusing to pay for partner cards only honouring access for C and M&M members. Not a very popular tradition I might add!
Old Jul 13, 2020, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Swiss had a tradition of sometimes refusing to pay for partner cards only honouring access for C and M&M members. Not a very popular tradition I might add!
Not really. The relevant change in *A lounge access rules which allows carriers to refuse access to contract lounges is a very recent one. Sure, there has been the occasional case of LX going outside the rules. But I wouldn't dub it a tradition. There are similar cases on OW and ST carriers with denials of lounge access for some obsure argument (like a pretext involving restricted lounge space or such).
Old Jul 13, 2020, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Stuttgart21
Not really. The relevant change in *A lounge access rules which allows carriers to refuse access to contract lounges is a very recent one. Sure, there has been the occasional case of LX going outside the rules. But I wouldn't dub it a tradition. There are similar cases on OW and ST carriers with denials of lounge access for some obsure argument (like a pretext involving restricted lounge space or such).
At any rate, at NCE they have done it for years, and not even LH does (nor any OW or ST airline I can think of). I've had it in a few other outstations too where I would be told that LX won't pay with my A3 card, though I agree there are others where it was not an issue.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by flyslow
We'll, MMB was right. Was denied entry in SPU today because "British don't pay us any more"
Confirmed by the sign also

No OLCI and no smoking area after security despite being told there is by lady at check in desk. Nevermind, found the smoking area
​​​​
Looks like they’ve just folded the piece of paper to remove BA from the bottom, compared to the picture I took last week! This is disappointing, whilst the lounge is actually very basic it did avoid having to pay over the odds for a drink in the airport cafe.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 8:02 am

Split airport lounge available to BA passengers again

Sign etc updated, access allowed for relevant passengers once again

corporate-wage-slave and ENTP like this.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 4:12 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
FCO BA lounge temporarily closed

hi guys,

with the BA lounge at FCO temporarily closed, any idea what they’re offering? Accès to a different lounge? Which one? Or voucher?

cheers

Originally Posted by RHWine
Used the BA Lounge at FCO at weekend- very impressed. Lots of space, masses of charging points, comfortable chairs and seating and plenty of space for food.

Food was OK- lots of sandwiches including a rather odd mashed potato one, a surprisingly tasty lasagne and the usual crisps etc. Rather disappointed with the range of drinks though, especially the wine. Given that Italy has over 350 grape varieties and thousands of wines, to just have one generic whites, 2 reds (Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon) and a Prosecco was not what I was expecting. Surely Italian wines could be showcased?

Only other disappointment was trying to find the lavatories, but that’s probably because I didn’t see the signs!

Finally, whoever thinks it’s only 4 mins walk from. lounge to gate 20 - I’m a fast walker and it took more like 8 so I’d advise leaving more time than signage implies.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by ttellefsen
hi guys,

with the BA lounge at FCO temporarily closed, any idea what they’re offering? Accès to a different lounge? Which one? Or voucher?

cheers
hi,

I strongly suspect nothing .

I had nothing at edinburgh a fortnight ago with the ba lounge closed (priority pass lounge was open) and nothing at venice (third party lounge closed)

I have not heard of vouchers being handed out

Regards

Tbs
Old Aug 24, 2020, 4:32 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by ttellefsen
hi guys,

cheers
Nothing. There's a Priority Pass lounge open til 4:30pm.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 12:19 pm

Programs: BAEC
Does anyone know if BA still pay for lounge access in Turin? The oneworld website doesn’t list BA as an eligible airline.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 8:05 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Palma

A few notes on PMI that's recently opened.

Only Valldemossa is open (central location available to all flights).

Food and drink on display. You point to what dishes and drinks you would like, a member of staff puts them on a tray and brings them to you. If anything an improvement. Range looks the same but sandwiches are now individual plated and look of better quality than the prepackaged rubbish that was here before.

I note entry price is now €34. I got in with my PP but there are many signs stating Lufthansa group are no longer using the lounge (meaning no lounge access) for *World lot.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Originally Posted by marconess
A few notes on PMI that's recently opened.

Only Valldemossa is open (central location available to all flights).

Food and drink on display. You point to what dishes and drinks you would like, a member of staff puts them on a tray and brings them to you. If anything an improvement. Range looks the same but sandwiches are now individual plated and look of better quality than the prepackaged rubbish that was here before.

I note entry price is now €34. I got in with my PP but there are many signs stating Lufthansa group are no longer using the lounge (meaning no lounge access) for *World lot.
Yes, I made the same observation little more than a week ago. OneWorld Emerald and Sapphire gets in for free with one guest (maybe more for Emerald?)

LcS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.