Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds Avios credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2012, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Olly-
At 1 point per £4 of gift card I think
Correct. Or, as I like to call it, 6 Avios per £10 to go with the 125...
Old Mar 19, 2012, 2:10 am

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
Originally Posted by stifle
So today I wanted something from Game which doesn't take Amex. I went over to Tesco's, bought some Game gift cards with the Premier Duo, and took them to Game to pay.
just make sure you don't have too much of a balance on your Game gift cards - their expiry date could be a lot sooner than you think.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
A funny thing happened on the way to this forum...

Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to share with you something very strange that happened to me a few days ago:

• In November, my other half got an Premier Duo card (with me as a secondary card-holder)
  • She got the bonus Avios (although it did take a couple of months and require a nudge - but only a single one - from us)
  • As hers was expiring, I got one in my name (with her as a secondary card holder)
  • My first statement was a week or two ago

Here's the thing. Here's the really, really bizarre thing: they paid up. I got the bonus Avios after my first statement. Without prompting.

Err, ^ for LTSB and Avios. Who'd 'ave thunk it?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 4:15 am

Programs: BA - Blue
Just a reminder (I know it's been mentioned before but I forgot) the cut off date of the bonus offer is not the statement date but the date you got the card.

My bonus offer stopped on the 7th March but it looks like some overseas expenditure squeezed in on the last day. I did get some Tesco vouchers but wanted to buy a pile of them before my bonus period ran out. Still I managed to get 127,000 points during the first two months with a pathetic £2500 credit limit and I'm looking forward to my last statement!

We just need time for a nice holiday or 3.^

Thanks for all the useful support and information posted in this thread.

The best Lloyds Avios number to call is 0845 606 2177
Old Mar 19, 2012, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by pommyboi
Just a reminder (I know it's been mentioned before but I forgot) the cut off date of the bonus offer is not the statement date but the date you got the card.
Thanks for the confirmation; I assumed and hoped that would be the case but don't think anyone else had confirmed it yet. That gives me another three weeks to pile on the Avios!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by SteveF
Thanks for the confirmation; I assumed and hoped that would be the case but don't think anyone else had confirmed it yet. That gives me another three weeks to pile on the Avios!
I have had it confirmed in writing that it doesn't end on the third statement, but ends after 3 months so at least I have something to hit them with if they don't pay up
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:06 am

Programs: BA - Blue
I don't know if you are missreading my post, there is nothing to celebrate for me.

My statement this month is due the 22nd March, the cut off for the bonus was the 7th March Everything I spent since the 8th won't get the 10x bonus....
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by pommyboi
I don't know if you are missreading my post, there is nothing to celebrate for me.

My statement this month is due the 22nd March, the cut off for the bonus was the 7th March Everything I spent since the 8th won't get the 10x bonus....
Sorry, I assumed you got an extra couple of weeks than you expected, not two weeks less.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:29 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Good people... I'm after a bit of advice...

I recently decided to join Avios, mainly because I have around 80k of American Express reward points from my Plat Charge Card, and it looks like Avios is the best way to use these points. I figure I'll just wait for the next transfer bonus offer and then turn the whole lot into Avios.

From doing a bit of research, however, I've also noticed that you can pick up bonus Avios with other credit cards, so I figure I should probably go ahead and do that - They're free after all.

I was going to get the BA Amex Premium Plus card, as the sign up bonus looks good and you get the companion ticket when you spend £10k, which I'll do no problem.

From reading this board, however, it seems that this Lloyds card offering 10x Avios for the first three months might be a better option (I'll just cancel it when the promo period ends and then pick up the BA card).

What I'd like to know is how the spending rules work on the Lloyds card? For example, if I were to spend £1000 on something, and then pay the bill, I'd get 12500 Avios, correct? Well what happens if that item gets returned the next month, and the refund goes back on to the card? Do you still get the Avios? What about if you purchase something like a hotel stay (fully refundable), pay for it, and then have it refunded in 4 month's time (for legitimate reasons, naturally)?

Another thing (I realise this may be the wrong board for this question but hopefully someone can tell me)... I have a few friends who are prepared to let me refer them for a Plat Charge Card, but one of them doesn't really want the 42k points. Can he transfer those points to MY Avios account, even if I've already linked my own card to my Avios account? (I'd pay his £300 first year fee in exchange for the miles).

Any answers and/or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:56 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Looks like Lloyds have sorted out their issues!!!!!

Mrs P's first statement was generated on Friday,

93,304 Avios arrived just now including some FAT foreign spend, mwahahaha
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by Wozza2404

What I'd like to know is how the spending rules work on the Lloyds card? For example, if I were to spend £1000 on something, and then pay the bill, I'd get 12500 Avios, correct? Well what happens if that item gets returned the next month, and the refund goes back on to the card? Do you still get the Avios? What about if you purchase something like a hotel stay (fully refundable), pay for it, and then have it refunded in 4 month's time (for legitimate reasons, naturally)?
Even in the unlikely event this is allowable under the T&Cs, doesn't it strike you as immoral?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:11 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by alexwuk
Even in the unlikely event this is allowable under the T&Cs, doesn't it strike you as immoral?
It's a genuine query. I book about £10k a month of hotels and corporate hospitality events on my CC, but a lot of it gets cancelled and refunded as plans change. I was genuinely asking if anyone knows what happens to these Avios miles in these situations.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
It's a genuine query. I book about £10k a month of hotels and corporate hospitality events on my CC, but a lot of it gets cancelled and refunded as plans change. I was genuinely asking if anyone knows what happens to these Avios miles in these situations.
Not sure on the Avios but with the BAPP card you will get your 2-4-1 voucher when you trigger the 10k spend, any refunds will then increase the amount you need to get the next voucher.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Looks like Lloyds have sorted out their issues!!!!!

Mrs P's first statement was generated on Friday,

93,304 Avios arrived just now including some FAT foreign spend, mwahahaha
Perhaps Lloyds Banking Group will need bailing out again soon?

This time because they're giving Avios out like Haribo...
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:56 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Olly-
Perhaps Lloyds Banking Group will need bailing out again soon?

This time because they're giving Avios out like Haribo...
2 more months of lovlieness to go

Speaking of immoral, I put in a complaint to Hhonors last week about refunding some F+B charges that were made on the wrong card (ie: not the LTSBPDA I gave them to swipe when I checked in, but the one originally used to book) and they have sent me a 3rd party CC authorisation form to have the charges refunded and recharged to the correct one (ie: the LTSBPDA).

On the form it asks me if I want the new card to cover:

All Charges, Room & Tax, Food & Beverage, Retail, Recreation

I actually have 3 more bookings in their system at the moment (including 2 in euros).

Just deciding if its worth the hassle trying to change all of them

Unusually, I'm quite busy at work this week so it is a bit of a pain in the arse but we're talking about 1250 Avios for the UK one and around 12500 for the european ones.

(By the way I love the way the profanity checking is set to American, it lets me say arse, arse arse arse, but wont let me spell it the American way, ie: ...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.