Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds Avios credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:58 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by smckay
Not sure on the Avios but with the BAPP card you will get your 2-4-1 voucher when you trigger the 10k spend, any refunds will then increase the amount you need to get the next voucher.
Actually I have a query about this as well... How long are these 2-4-1 vouchers valid for? I don't want to get the card and trigger to voucher in a month or so, only to find that it's valid for 12 months and I want to travel in 14 months or something daft. You can only have one a year, regardless of spend, correct?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
24 months on the BAPP card
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:22 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by smckay
24 months on the BAPP card
Thanks.

So, let's say I do the Lloyds one for 3 months, and once that's finished I cancel and get the BAPP. That puts us around July time. So if I hit the £10k by Septemer, I'll have a 2-4-1 voucher valid until Sept 2014?

If I then don't use that voucher in the first 12 months but do spend over £10k, so I get another 2-4-1 the following Sepember? So in reality I'd have 2 of the vouchers valid between Sept 13 and Sept 14?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
i think you can only earn 1 per year so you earn the first voucher, valid to Sept 2014 and then a second in Sept 2013 valid until 2015.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:31 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Thanks.

So, let's say I do the Lloyds one for 3 months, and once that's finished I cancel and get the BAPP. That puts us around July time. So if I hit the £10k by Septemer, I'll have a 2-4-1 voucher valid until Sept 2014?
Take the BAPP anyway but it's worth holding on to the Lloyds until the Avios.com 2,000 bonuses are finished at the end of the year.

If you signup now your first quarter will get you the first bonus, then there are 2 more to be had after that for a spend of £80 per quarter on the Amex.

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
If I then don't use that voucher in the first 12 months but do spend over £10k, so I get another 2-4-1 the following Sepember? So in reality I'd have 2 of the vouchers valid between Sept 13 and Sept 14?
Yes, you can have 2 x 241's or even 3.

For example, if you get your first 241 towards the end of your first year, the second one some time during the 2nd year and the 3rd one at the beginning of the 3rd year, you could potentially have 3 valid 241's on your account at the same time.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Lloyds just paid for my chineese!!

Here's what happened.....

I went to my local favourite chineese take away earlier tonight (who take amex), only to find they are now closed on Mondays, sad

So I went to one slightly further away (who dont take amex), sad but still do some good food!

I order my food and hand over my LTSBPDA Mastercard in order to pay for it (£16.10) type my pin in the machine and it came back declined!

Declined? DYKWIA? FFS!

So I got my iPhone out there and then and called Lloyds to tell them and they said that my card had been cancelled!

Cancelled? I said, I remembered speaking to retentions to ask whether they could do a better deal on the points or something but I certainly never cancelled the card. The way we left the conversation was that I would be keeping the card until the end of the year since that is when the next card fee would be.

Well, I'm sorry sir, but it's cancelled, she said.

So I asked her to escalate it to a complaint and asked for the phone call in which they claim I cancelled to be listened to so that they could see that a "mistake" had been made and reinstate my card. She asked me to hold for a while so she could note the account.

Anyway, I paid for my meal with my company debit card and went home, still on hold.

Eventually she came back on the line and said she was very sorry and that my account would be reopened immediately but that I would have to wait for 3 days to get new cards. For my inconvenience she said they would be crediting me £15, £5 for the phone call and £10 compensation and would I like to withdraw the complaint?

I thought about this for a while and whilst I'm pretty sure I'm not going mad as I made notes of the entire conversation with "retentions" and posted here I didn't really see that any other benefit could be achieved by taking it further.

I'm happy with a nice chineese meal for £1.10 as well as another story to tell you lot, lol
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
The main reason they want complaints withdrawing is because if they are closed within two days they don't have to include them on their FSA complaints count!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Yes, you can have 2 x 241's or even 3.

For example, if you get your first 241 towards the end of your first year, the second one some time during the 2nd year and the 3rd one at the beginning of the 3rd year, you could potentially have 3 valid 241's on your account at the same time.
And they're worth about 50p each, since they're only valid in whY!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 4:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by stifle
And they're worth about 50p each, since they're only valid in whY!
True, the Lloyds ones are a bit crap, but I thought he was talking about getting a LTSBPDA to earn some serious mileage and then switching to a BAPP to get a 241?

Though I think even a BAPP 241 is a waste on a long haul because of the taxes.
(not so bad if there's only 2 of you but I need 3x tickets wherever we go)

I think I'm going to be using my BAPP 241's for CE to LCA and stick to MFU or PCPA for long hauls.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by stifle
The main reason they want complaints withdrawing is because if they are closed within two days they don't have to include them on their FSA complaints count!
Fair enough I suppose, but I just didn't see the point in taking it further, making them listen to the phone call and getting someone in trouble, even if that someone is an idiot, i'd hate to loose them their job.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Whilst the 2-4-1 in Y is a bit pants, face facts. If you use it for a Euro redemption you will get 9,000-20,000 Avios of value, which is equivalent to 0.6 - 1.3 extra Avios per £1 spent, which is not worth scoffing at.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Raffles
Whilst the 2-4-1 in Y is a bit pants, face facts. If you use it for a Euro redemption you will get 9,000-20,000 Avios of value, which is equivalent to 0.6 - 1.3 extra Avios per £1 spent, which is not worth scoffing at.
It's pretty much a non issue for me, as when the 3 months bonus is over, we're unlikely to use the LTSBPDA apart from a bit of foreign spend maybe, so whilst we might just scrape one this year because of a 3 month 10x spending spree, it's unlikely we'll earn another one again next year.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Silver
Unless I'm missing something, the 10x promotion seems to have disappeared from the Avios site, it just refers to the bonus 2,000 miles per quarter for new collectors on that page now.

My partner applied for the card on Sunday, when the old offer was still showing, so hoping LTSB honour that.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by eggshell
Unless I'm missing something, the 10x promotion seems to have disappeared from the Avios site, it just refers to the bonus 2,000 miles per quarter for new collectors on that page now.

My partner applied for the card on Sunday, when the old offer was still showing, so hoping LTSB honour that.
No, it's still there, just difficult to find!

https://www.avios.com/collect/lloyds...AviosPW_CCList
Old Mar 20, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Silver
Ah so it is! thanks..I see if you click credit cards in collection you get to a page that links to the offer, but if you click straight through to the Premier Duo card from the menu it isn't mentioned any more.

I wonder if they are in the process of updating the website to remove it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.