Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds Avios credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2012, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by eggshell
Ah so it is! thanks..I see if you click credit cards in collection you get to a page that links to the offer, but if you click straight through to the Premier Duo card from the menu it isn't mentioned any more.

I wonder if they are in the process of updating the website to remove it?
I don't think so, it's been like that for months.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Silver
Also just noticed that the credit card page at https://www.avios.com/collect/lloyds...ollectNavtitle says the bonus will apply for those who apply and are accepted by 28 February 2012.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by eggshell
Also just noticed that the credit card page at https://www.avios.com/collect/lloyds...ollectNavtitle says the bonus will apply for those who apply and are accepted by 28 February 2012.
Yep, that's been wrong for ages too - they obviously forgot to change it when they extended the offer in February. It says on the page I linked to:

Customers who apply through Avios and are accepted for the Lloyds TSB Premier Duo Avios Credit Card Account before 29 March 2012 will be eligible for the bonus Avios points on eligible spend on their Lloyds TSB Premier Duo Avios American Express Card made within three months of the account opening (the Qualifying period).
Basically, don't worry - I do hope they extend the offer though!
Old Mar 20, 2012, 8:13 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
True, the Lloyds ones are a bit crap, but I thought he was talking about getting a LTSBPDA to earn some serious mileage and then switching to a BAPP to get a 241?
That's my plan. Chances are I won't use a Y 2-4-1 even if given one.

What I plan to do is convert all my available points into Avios and then use the 2-4-1 to get 2 First returns to West Coast USA (150k in Avios, correct?).

Seeing as the majority of the Avios will have cost me nothing, I think paying around £1k in fees and a heap of free points for a flight that would cost me about £14k to buy in cash is a bloody good deal.

Or have I completely screwed up my calculations?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 8:41 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Thread is TLDR

Just signing up for premium, am I a mug?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
Originally Posted by dc2447
Just signing up for premium, am I a mug?
Not if the £50 fee is worth less to you than the Avios you will earn (at 12.5 per pound for three months). I've earned around 30,000 more by doing this; someone else earned 10x that amount!
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:53 pm

Premier deal the best since sliced bread.

Not sure what all my points are - they are referred to in three ways! - but by the end of month two, as a BMI refugee, I am a happy bunny!

15/03/2012 MULTI COLLECT BONUS WITH LLOYDS TSB DUO AVIOS 2,000
15/03/2012 LLOYDS TSB BONUS AVIOS 137,834
15/03/2012 LLOYDS TSB DUO AVIOS AMEX 15,314
17/02/2012 TESCO 400 BONUS REF xxxxx
14/02/2012 Lloyds TSB Avios Credit Card 35,222
13/02/2012 shell drivers club welcome bonus avios 50
13/02/2012 TESCO AVIOS AWARD AT 600 AVIOS RATE 600

Just applied for the wife's card, so another three months of bliss, hopefully!

Last edited by flygod; Mar 20, 2012 at 12:53 pm Reason: depersonalising
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by flygod
Premier deal the best since sliced bread.

Yep, they can stick their Chase cards where the sun don't shine
Old Mar 21, 2012, 2:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I have received the 2k bonus for Q1, even though I collected last year with the current account offer.
Looks like I'll be keeping the card all year!
Old Mar 21, 2012, 7:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Being based outside of the UK can no longer use my BA Amex Prem Plus card so am going for one of the Lloys TSB Avios Cards.

I was just goign to get the basic one but then noticed the Worldwide Companion Ticket. I know this is Economy only but wondered once it appears on my BA Exec account via my Exec number whether I can upgrade it?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by BAfave
Being based outside of the UK can no longer use my BA Amex Prem Plus card so am going for one of the Lloys TSB Avios Cards.
Not answering your question, but this has changed.

You can still use your card, but the Avios earned sit in your Amex account. Amex try to send them to BA at the end of your first month living abroad, BA send them back, you get a letter through the post from Amex saying "BA told us you have moved so we won't send them your Avios untill you let us know when you've moved back to the UK"

If/when you do move back, just let Amex know and they will start sending the Avios to BA again.

Still go for the LTSB card though - its a great Avios earner.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Just got my wife approved, and with a £5k limit. More than enough for my plans, and the 3 months will take in a Barbados holiday, Easter and anything we do for the Jubilee long weekend,
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:23 am

Has Lloyds got their act together with this yet? Has anyone who has recently taken out this card NOT encountered problems with their bonus avios posting?

With the deadline approaching I am thinking about applying again, despite having little to put through; £2k should be manageable in 3months, and I suppose 22,500 Avios + New Partners Bonuses et al is rather good for the £50 fee.

Last edited by pazza2000; Mar 21, 2012 at 1:59 pm
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Has Lloyds got their act together with this yet? Has anyone who has recently taken out this card NOT encountered problems with their bonus avios posting?

With the deadline approaching I am having thinking about applying, despite having little to put through; £2k should be manageable in 3months, and I suppose 22,500 Avios + New Partners Bonuses et al is rather good for the £50 fee.
They've extended the offer at least once before, they may well extend it again.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:25 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by pazza2000

With the deadline approaching I am having thinking about applying, despite having little to put through; £2k should be manageable in 3months, and I suppose 22,500 Avios + New Partners Bonuses et al is rather good for the £50 fee.
Mrs P's account worked perfectly, points posted 3 days after her first statement, and that was probably only because the statement was on a friday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.