Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds Avios credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2012, 5:26 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Speaking of Paypal, Mrs P made a fairly large order from Sweaty Betty yesterday and paid by credit card through paypal.

The problem is she forgot to click through Avios.com to get an extra 8 points per £

So I just got her to call them and cancel the order, so she can do it again correctly, however looking at her available spend, it seems they had already taken the money.

Questions is, will the refund come back to the LTSBPDA or will it just go back to her paypal account?

Thanks
Old Mar 22, 2012, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Will credit back to the credit card within 5-7 business days.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 6:18 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by stifle
PayPal fees are 3.4% plus 20p, or thereabouts. Bear in mind if your friend gives you the money back in cash/cheque/etc., it's a breach of PayPal and Lloyds T&Cs...
Wait... You can send money via Paypal and draw off an Amex? I didn't realise this.

So to send £1000 would cost £34.20?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 6:43 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Wait... You can send money via Paypal and draw off an Amex? I didn't realise this.

So to send £1000 would cost £34.20?
Yes. And then they'd lock your account and freeze the money for 3 months while they "investigate" it.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 6:55 am

Applied through avios.com yesterday, they said they will write with the result of my application, does this mean I'm getting referred to an underwriter? Don't they normally give instant acceptance or decline?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by zerogx
Applied through avios.com yesterday, they said they will write with the result of my application, does this mean I'm getting referred to an underwriter? Don't they normally give instant acceptance or decline?
I got the "write with result" when I applied, and the card was displayed on my Lloyds online banking within a couple of days.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 7:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Can't decide whether to go for the free card or the £50 one.

Are you allowed to book Club Europe flights with the companion voucher? but am right in thinking worldwide is just economy? are you allowed to upgrade via BAEC on ba.com?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 7:29 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by BAfave
Don't go for the free one, you will regret it

Are you allowed to book Club Europe flights with the companion voucher?
No whY only

but am right in thinking worldwide is just economy?
No you can't use the LTSBPDA companion voucher for Long haul

are you allowed to upgrade via BAEC on ba.com?
If you transfer the points to a BAEC account using "combine my Avios" first, then yes
Old Mar 22, 2012, 7:55 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Are you allowed to book Club Europe flights with the companion voucher? but am right in thinking worldwide is just economy? are you allowed to upgrade via BAEC on ba.com?
You can upgrade PAID bookings by transferring your avios to BAEC.

You can't use the Lloyds 2for1 voucher for an economy redemption booking and then upgrade it via BAEC.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Don't go for the free one, you will regret it
I went for the free one because my yearly spending on this card won't be that much. Even if everything went on the AMEX (which it won't due to acceptance issues) the annual fee would not be worth the few extra miles.

However, if it's still a good deal in 2 years or so, I intend to apply for the BA premium AMEX as my credit rating will have improved and my flying habits will have taken off
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
No you can't use the LTSBPDA companion voucher for Long haul
Really? I didn't see such a restriction before. Has there been a change?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 2:06 am

The offer has been extended! Hopefully they'll extend it further to the end of April.

Customers who apply through Avios and are accepted for the Lloyds TSB Premier Duo Avios Credit Card Account before 11 April 2012 will be eligible for the bonus Avios points on eligible spend on their Lloyds TSB Premier Duo Avios American Express Card made within three months of the account opening (the Qualifying period).
Old Mar 23, 2012, 2:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
Originally Posted by Olly-
The offer has been extended! Hopefully they'll extend it further to the end of April.
Clearly we aren't abusing the system enough (despite the best efforts of alexwuk! ^)
Old Mar 23, 2012, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by dark_horse
Clearly we aren't abusing the system enough (despite the best efforts of alexwuk! ^)
Expecting my wife's card over the weekend. Then it starts!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 3:57 am

OK, so it's clear that the 3 months starts from a certain date and is not just for the first 3 months statements, but does anyone know which date is used? Is it:

1) The account creation date (which could be some time before the cards were mailed)
2) The date the cards were printed (which could also be some time before the cards were mailed)
3) The date Lloyds mailed the cards
4) The date the annual fee was charged to the account
5) The activation date
6) The date of first use (very unlikely)
7) Another arbitrary date (quite likely knowing Lloyds )

3, 4 or 5 would be my best guess...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.